Is Kanye An Overrated Producer?

Some say Mozart was claimed to be over rated when he was alive, then he died and all the over rated statements dropped. He became a legend.

That is what will happen to Kanye

I can't argue with his early work, and as an artist he has been very influential. But does he actually make beats any more? All his songs seem to have loads of co credits and I get the feeling he just edits other people's work into his project.

Not really, actually id rather say that he's quite underrated. I feel like Kanye is only know as this loud mouthed, rude rapper who loves him self too much. He's really not. Id say that Kanye is one of the greatest artists of this generation, and of course you don't have to like him, but you gotta respect the hustle. He made 5 beats a day for 3 summers. I have been trying to accomplish this challenge too and I have to tell you, its not easy, so in conclusion I don't think Kanye is overrated as a producer at all

As a producer, Kanye has pulled together an amazing catalog of work. He’s earned his place as a legendary pioneer. He’s focused on other things now but you can’t take away what he’s done to shape the game. That’d be like some one now saying that Michael Jordan was an overrated ball player.

Back