Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me? Or do all dj mustard beats sound the same?

Thanks

Lightbulb Is it just me? Or do all dj mustard beats sound the same?

Sign in to disable this ad

NOT TRYING TO BASH HIM ARE ANTHING BUT ALL HIS BEATS SOUND THE SAME TOO ME ,MAYBE IT JUST ME BUTT......WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, DO YOU THINK HE'LL BE ABLE TO LAST "10 SUMMERS" LIKE HE SAID I ME LOOK AT LIL JOHN WITH THE "SNAP YA FINGAS MUSIC" THAT QUICKLY FADED OUT... I MEAN I GUESS EVERYONE HAS THERE TIME TO SHINE FOR A WHILE WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK
    >LOOK AT THE TWO SAMPLE VIDEOS

Thanks
    To be honest, I have never heard a single one of his songs and I have no interest what so ever in doing so. But I reckon it's the same as any other commercial crap out there, bland, boring and stupid.

I think your caps lock key is broken.
    Last edited by Wallengard; 09-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    Chillout from the vibrations of our universe

Thanks
    same signature sounds, different melodies. A novice might say they sound the same, but the melody and structure are different. When you hear 2 different piano tracks, do you think they sound the same?

Thanks
    they do, his song structure is the same, everything is the same. At the end of the day, its all bout networking and who you know. You can be the shittiest producer but if you know DJ Khaled, you will get your name out there n all dat, like DJ Mustard lol.

Thanks
    Some might argue he's established an identity, there's uniformity everywhere in business, take Mcdonalds as the successful business model, and you may get what I mean. In music if it works they ride the gravy train, milk it for what it's worth, deviation and originality mean jack when money changes hands. Big Macs outsell Haute Cuisine. It's the pursuit of a reliable, tried and tested recipe that hampers progression in music, major labels exec's have long since identified the methods and have the necessary means by which to manipulate the masses into making a mindless purchase.
    MUSIC IS THE ARITHMETIC OF SOUNDS -​Debussy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pherm B Leeva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Picassoo View Post
    they do, his song structure is the same, everything is the same. At the end of the day, its all bout networking and who you know. You can be the shittiest producer but if you know DJ Khaled, you will get your name out there n all dat, like DJ Mustard lol.
    I Agree With you 100% it all about the networking

Thanks
    i think it's quite obvious they all sound the same.. people give him a lot of slack for it.. but he churns out hits so let that boy cook
    PRODUCED FOR SOULJA BOY/HONEY COCAINE/LIL B BEATS > http://www.youtube.com/user/CocaineAudi0 TWITTER =@SlurRty

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SwagProductionz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    he probably has a template on fl studio with that bass, that 808, that clap, that "hey" and them high hats lol

just create different melodies with the bass line synth shit ..apparently, it's his signature sound. But all the beat sounds the same. It's like timbaland, pharell and kanye had their signature, but it wasn't a sound, it was a feeling. Mustard signature is his synth 0_0
    FB - Always Skilled / Twitter - AlwaysSkilled

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BeatbyAS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    lol if you keep switching the songs every 5 seconds, you don't even realise that they are two different beats lol
    FB - Always Skilled / Twitter - AlwaysSkilled

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BeatbyAS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I can't handle this thread after you pointed it out I couldn't look at mustard's beats the same way :/
    Then again I only heard his 2chain song

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KonKossKang For This Useful Post:

Thread Information