Jurassic 5

P

phishphan577

What do y'all think of Jurassic 5? i think they are a good rap group and i like the stuff they rap about. i saw them on a talk show and they were talkin about how they dont like rappin about guns and drugs. I just think its kinda cool that they can be just as good as all the other groups without stooping down to their level.

personally i dont like jurassic 5..i dont like those rap groups who think they are all high n mighty, keepin it real as other rappers sell out...lending out songs for a sprite commercial must be keepin it real and underground.

Dont foget the MasterCard commercial. They are boring to me.

I am not talkin about selling out or stayin gangsta....i just mean i like the fact that they dont need to rhyme about guns and drugs to be good.

Rap Master 2000 said:
personally i dont like jurassic 5..i dont like those rap groups who think they are all high n mighty, keepin it real as other rappers sell out...lending out songs for a sprite commercial must be keepin it real and underground.

I've been listening to J5 for years now, and I don't think that I've ever heard them talk about being highy and mighty and dissing rappers who sell out.

These guys are some of the most chill, down to earth, hip hop cats that you will meet. At a festival that J5 was playing at, they all were just chilling at thiere merchandise booth after the show, talking with people, smoking joints...

Plus, don't forget that they are on a major label, they haven't been underground since before their first album.
I give them props for getting their money, and making good music.

i dont care if they do sprite or mastercard commercials, nobody beefs when clue does some stupid azz add for foot locker.

ive been a j5 listener for a few years, and i appreciate their mentality and the real hiphop production team they have behind em, theyre some real cats that dont rap about stupid sh*t like violence or how many cars they got, theyre more down to earth than that.

aint nothin wrong with people trying to bring the fun and love and more cornerstones than MCing and producing back into hiphop yall, too many people today think hiphop=angry cats that talk like they the baddest and if you come against them theyll kill you and your family n sh*t.

just cause they dont rap about that stuff doesnt mean they put down other rappers/groups that do. and just cause theyre high-minded doesnt mean they cant do endorsement deals, im glad that kind of paper is goin out to real heads instead of the people it usually does.

to me, j5 and the roots are some of the groups that are trying to increase the conscience in hiphop, which in my mind it desperately needs, not to mention bringin it back with some real hiphop flavor and not the pasteurized, pre-packaged, canned beat/rap nastiness thats so prevelant in the mainstream.

big ups to the real cats that can make it in the phony world of mainstream music today!

phishphan577 said:
What do y'all think of Jurassic 5? i think they are a good rap group and i like the stuff they rap about. i saw them on a talk show and they were talkin about how they dont like rappin about guns and drugs. I just think its kinda cool that they can be just as good as all the other groups without stooping down to their level.

There's room for all types in hiphop. J5 is certainly not doing the run of the mill rap that's on the radio, but that doesn't make them better. I give them props for being underground-ish, and still being able to sell respectable numbers. De La, Tribe, or Hiero didn't have the same luck, and I like them a lot better. They obviously have better label backing than most underground-ish hiphop groups.

all that talk about selling out, keeping it real, etc etc doesnt mean **** if the music is bangin and basicly J5 has some IMHO of the best production in the biz. The fact that their sound isnt reproduced by anyone else thats succesful is what makes them so good. sure, they could have timbaland and the neptunes produce an entire album and have it sound like 90% of the junk out there, but naw, theyre rocking their own style.

anyone seen J5 live? we wanted to, but tickets sold out hella fast :(

yeah caught them live a while back, awesome show!!! cut chemist is the freakin man!

on a slightly different note, picked up the 'Quality Control' Instrumentals on wax today, and i gotta say its jam packed with audio gems!

No biggie. I'm doing some production work for Charli2na's younger brother, Maj, through a friend of mine. Its not really a secret but I was just gonna bust out with some of the finished tracks.

Back