7. No Other Love (ft. Estelle)
8. This Time
9. Satisfaction
10. Take Me Away
11. Good Morning
12. I Love, You Love
13. If You’re Out There

Anyone get it?

I just listened to the album and I'm feelin it. It's like Once Again. You got a nice mix hip hop/r&b style stuff and some piano ballads. "Its Over" produced by Kanye is hot and "No other love" with estelle has got a nice reggae vibe. "Greenlight" is the standout track. Overall its a good album, nothing that blew me away but I've only given it one listen so maybe some tracks will grow on me. What ya'll think?

He recorded and wrote that album in the cutting room studio in NYC.

Ive had it for a couple weeks now, it was as different as i thought it would be. The reggae was nice. I was hopin for a little more uptempo. "Its Over" is definitely underwhelming, Yeezy ruined it.

Ill pick up my copy this weekend.

Justin Rockwell said:
Kanye ruined "It's Over" with his verse and the autotune, it was just so uncessary.

ALERT THE PRESS!!!!!

haha, i read this like 4 times to make sure i read it right.

WOW. Didn't see that comin.

The beat for It's Over is pretty funky though. Im trying to remember where those horns are from, its driving me crazy!!

wan-tan-soup14 said:
WOW. Didn't see that comin.

The beat for It's Over is pretty funky though. Im trying to remember where those horns are from, its driving me crazy!!

SWV - Anything

Yeah Evolver is an cool album. It has lots of good tracks. I like Take Me Away though.

it's weird, I didn't even here about this album before 3 days ago. Loved his first two, absolutely loved them ****s, so Im gonna cop this tomorrow

Is Green Light even getting spins anywhere? This just dropped out of nowhere

imo it doesn't come close to once again. there are some great songs on it but as an album i was dissapointed

OneEyeUp said:
ALERT THE PRESS!!!!!

haha, i read this like 4 times to make sure i read it right.

he did that for the shock factor. he wants us to downplay his jones for kanye lol

once again took a long time to grow on me tho'...i initially wasn't feelin' it...now i prefer it over get lifted by far...

^^Once again has a better sound. Theres more to the songs and you can just tell it was mastered better than get lifted. Which has more of a dirtier hip hop vibe with the kanye beats.

Evolver is a quality album it just doesn't have any tracks that really standout like Once Again (PDA, Slow Dance, Save Room) I don't know though its all opinion anyway.

"If You're Out there" has been getting spins on the local smooth jazz station here. The melodies and chord progressions are tight. The lyrics aren't bad either.

Last edited:
Back