Jay Z Sells Rocawear for...

Tron said:
You sure got alot a faith in a man you hardly know.

A man who went from the projects to being worth millions of dollars before age 30...

dirtymike said:
Oh, and Bleek...
i was obivously joking you are ur boyfriend are mad cuz the man is making moves... Continue to play ur camdiss tracks and keep thinking on how to make money like j... yall 2 are the meaning of haters...

Yall must be cam and dame... forreal.. Gotta be... or jr and jimmy im not ballin...

Last edited:
Relevent Muzik said:
i was obivously joking you are ur boyfriend are mad cuz the man is making moves

that sentence has been busted by the grammar police

HAHA, dudes are full of it Rome.

Good post. Cause one hand lame dudes talk about *making it out the hood* and *hustlin, grindin, movin weight* and whatever other cool names one can think of..

But when SOMEBODY FINALLY SHOWS THAT PERFECT EXAMPLE of the Urban Entrepreneur......lame dudes are hating. They'll stay on the sidelines while someone with a business mind like Jay will take a chance on some ventures and make something of it.

RISK its the name of the game. And his track record shows that he is solid.

biggrome said:
I'm going off of his track record. Jay Z started out carrying bags for Jaz O...

Don't get mad at me because U Dumb. I didn't post 200k... you did.

... I doubt if you have ever even seen 2k (other than the turn of the millenium).

Why can't you just give the brotha man props. He was a rapper, he wasn't a clothing designer. He took his rap money and fame and marketed a clothing line that people liked. Somebody made him a huge offer for something he just decided to do one day ... and he took it.

What if he just started another one... and did the same thing... that wouldn't be shyt either hah? What Puff did with cologne wasn't shyt either hah? Puff should just wear Polo cologne and not get his hands in it hah? Jay should've left the clothing game to Karl Kani hah?

YOU'S A PAPER CHASER GOT YO BLOCK ON FIRE... REMAININ' A G...

yea thats coo - it still foul how he took the label from dash and now wont look his was or speak to em and that a nigga that helped put em on

p.s. i ain't haitin - jus sumthin I wouldn't have done personally

Last edited:
[Khameleon] said:
that sentence has been busted by the grammar police.
:hello:

You forgot the period. I fixed that for you. No need to thank me.

Anyway insulting the guy aint going to help the situation is it? he is allowed to have an opinion even if its not based on fact. I don't know why you even care so much.

Take a step back and look at what your doing. Its not a good look.

I'm going to have a beer and go to bed. Leave you guys to it :monkey:

Last edited:
im wondering* do yall have something against a man making money? or is it the fact that it was a rapper or the fact that it was jay or was it cuz he was black? im just really really really confused on why not say job well done?

*i type and look away

Last edited:
noblewordz said:
I'm going to have a beer and go to bed. Leave you guys to it :monkey:

Yeah you do that. lmao.. This thread is insane

Relevent Muzik said:
im wondering* do yall have something against a man making money? or is it the fact that it was a rapper or the fact that it was jay or was it cuz he was black? im just really really really confused on why not say job well done?

*i type and look away

Yeah for the first point.

Yeah for the second point.

Not really for the last point.

jay-z is a fvckin business man who makes the right moves, yea he might sell out from time to time, but he's in it for his FAMILY at the end of the day i make music for myself and my FAMILY nobody fvckin else....and when u get a chance to put food on the table u take that sh!t, like duke said a couple posts back he just set his fvckin grandkids, grandkids for life.........NOW THATS MAKIN MONEY.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jai Dove said:
yea thats coo - it still foul how he took the label from dash and now wont look his was or speak to em and that a nigga that helped put em on

p.s. i ain't haitin - jus sumthin I wouldn't have done personally

From CNN:
A year later, Jay-Z acquired Dash's stake in Rocawear, the clothing label the pair created a decade ago.
Even without Jay-Z in tow, Dash's burgeoning empire goes well beyond music. He dabbles in films, fashion, boxing, publishing and even alcohol.
He is estimated to be worth $50 million dollars and he told CNN his goal is to eventually have a billion dollars behind him.
He has recently launched a campaign to advertise his stable of brands.

You feel sorry for this dude???

Last edited:
PlanetHitzProduction said:
Yeah you do that. lmao.. This thread is insane

You forgot the period to. But I fixed it, just doing my duty as an upstanding member of FP.

Stop taking this thread off topic. You should ban yourself. :cheers:

Jay should buy FP.

[Khameleon] said:
I hooked you up too... Now we're even? :D

Ohh touché. You got me there.

Last edited:
Also, Jay-Z didn't take anything from Dame. Dame sold off his share and Jay-Z purchased it.

noblewordz said:
You forgot the period to. But I fixed it, just doing my duty as an upstanding member of FP.

Stop taking this thread off topic. You should ban yourself. :cheers:

Jay should buy FP.

Don't get mad cause you not a Moderator. :D

Oh, stop being so paranoid, I'm not going to ban you dude.

1005 said:
204 million$? Is it really worth that much?

Maybe I'm triping or delerious but wasnt it doing more than like 60 million a year. If it kept up the same momentum...he coulda made that in a couple of years. 204 million sounds like a lot in your hands but rocawear as an investment should be worth far more over a 10 year period but Jay-Z might not have had faith in the long term success or might try to come out with directly or be the secret partner of a new more successful brand. Dame Dash should feel stupid for selling his half for 30 million when rocafella records split.

JiggSaw said:
Also, Jay-Z didn't take anything from Dame. Dame sold off his share and Jay-Z purchased it.

Most of these dudes are bitter on false information, act like they know the dude and start spewing lies and half truths.

Bitterness.....it's contagious. Isn't that right.....Noblewordz HAHA.

Back