Inagural Future Producer's Challenge: 11-12-2010

F00T

After sensing a lull in this site, I thought it would be healthy for a little friendly competition to happen to fire things up. We all claim to be producers, but I think the true test is when an artist hits you up, can you deliver a hit? My first challenge to you all is this:

Rapper A hits you up on a Friday. He has a deadline to meet and needs a beat to record to by Sunday at 12pm. He wants something that sounds like the new Kanye album My Dark Twisted Fantasy.
Can you make the cut?

Submissions are due through FP PM to F00T at 12pm EST Sunday(11-14-10). A new thread will be posted with all of the submissions. All submissions will then be judged against each other(ie the track fitting the criteria best wins). In the future, a multiple panel judge will sift through the submissions but in the interest of fluidity this first one will be done solely by myself. If there's enough interest, there may be prizes in the next round, but this round is purely for fun.

Get to it! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm down for it.....I actually HATE it when cats come up 2 me saying "Yo...can u make a beat that sounds like ______"....but **** it.....it's for fun. Let's get it......

Great idea, I fully support this. But I'll skip the first round. Kanye's album is not out yet, I heard only one song (Power, I know there are more singles out but I don't want to listen to them, I'll wait until the album is out) and I don't sample. So I'll skip this. But I'm looking forward to next round.

And I think you should also write time zone next to deadline date, not everyone is from USA.

:cheers:

I feel you Hype, you can base them off the GOOD Friday releases though? Just a little way to exercise our skills, I know I personally get some off the wall requests sometimes but if you wanna get paid you gotta be ready right?

Good point about the timezones...

sounds interesting though I have not heard the album to make anything close to something like this

Back