If we removed the word nigga from hip hop songs do you still think they would be good

do you think hip hop songs would still sound good without the word nigga

• yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • no

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Why Not? I've never heard somebody say "I can't listen to this song because he didn't say nigga." The word doesn't hold as much power in rap as it does outside of it. I mean not many people listen to see if the word is in a song or not. Truthfully I can't really tell you what hit Hip Hop songs have the word in it and which ones don't because I like a lot of other people don't listen to hip hop just for that word

I agree... I'm kinda on the fence about It though

It would be great if we took cursing out of hip-hop altogether, it would force people to be creative. I could see if it was maybe one or two per album if you just got into it and it slipped out but cats just don't have a vocabulary and are straight ignorant. But that will never happen unfortunately :( there are a lot of artists that don't curse, R-Swift, Kev Brown, LMNO just to name a few dope MCs that dont curse

It would be great if we took cursing out of hip-hop altogether, it would force people to be creative. I could see if it was maybe one or two per album if you just got into it and it slipped out but cats just don't have a vocabulary and are straight ignorant. But that will never happen unfortunately :( there are a lot of artists that don't curse, R-Swift, Kev Brown, LMNO just to name a few dope MCs that dont curse

I can't totally agree with that sentiment. I do wish that rappers wouldn't use some words as a crutch anymore because they lack the vocabulary to express their thoughts. I've never been a real fan of useless cursing in music. My stance has always been don't curse just because you're to lazy to think of a better word.

Its not that they lack the vocabulary, but they rap how they talk. I used to curse a LOT and it reflected in my music. I slowed down on it and it also shows.

Honestly I don't like the word regardless who uses it. This "thing" where we say we took a negative & made a positive.... I'm not buying it, never did. It's like saying we took a bowl of shit & made caviar.

I don't like caviar either. Tastes like shit. & while we're at it, I don't appreciate men denegrating our women & calling them ******* & hoes. Don't get me wrong, call a duck a duck or whatever, but the words ******* & hoes should not be synonymous with woman, lady, or young girl.

This song is super dope and not one cuss word,not one "N" word
take a listen he's going off

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I don't listen to hip hop much, but when I do...I don't listen to any songs that have that word (or certain other words) in it. You don't need derogatory words and foul language to make a good song, no matter what genre it is.

Its not that they lack the vocabulary, but they rap how they talk. I used to curse a LOT and it reflected in my music. I slowed down on it and it also shows.

That kinda backs up my point with the lack of vocabulary... Just saying.

honestly I dont ever see myself stopping saying the word

admit It or not we all do or say things that we shouldn't, but we just cant help but to do It anyway......Its just life

for example I shouldnt be on the computer nearly all day, Its bad for my eyes, but I just cant help It.....lol

nigga: Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished

I don't buy that.. most don't say it in that context when they are calling each other that
because ...everyone is ignorant of something

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

and be reading what ppl say about Chief Keef
they say he is uneducated and unsophisticated
and he uses the "N" word all the time
I doubt he saying it in the context of
never ignorant getting goals accomplished

but hey we are all grown
if you call me the "N" word
you might as well call
me
jungle bunny or tarbaby or coon

we need to break those words up and make them positive or just the "N" word ??? why only the "N" not the other slurs against Black ppl????????????????????

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
I don't buy that.. most don't say it in that context when they are calling each other that
because ...everyone is ignorant of something

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

and be reading what ppl say about Chief Keef
they say he is uneducated and unsophisticated
and he uses the "N" word all the time
I doubt he saying it in the context of
never ignorant getting goals accomplished

but hey we are all grown
if you call me the "N" word
you might as well call
me
jungle bunny or tarbaby or coon

we need to break those words up and make them positive or just the "N" word ??? why only the "N" not the other slurs against Black ppl????????????????????

-Coach Antonio

Um, Tone that was Pac reference. I do approve of that acronym and I know when people say it that's not what they are referring to.
I think the Nas song is classic.

There's this one ho-ass rapper who is phillipino and not even black and used the word nigga on the radio down here in australia.

Artist: Israel Cruz

Everybody uses it whether they are a negro or not. It's just come into fashion until they get bottled in the club for talking sh!t to the wrong person.

"take that, take that---n!gga"- Pdiddy voice.

I'm white so it isn't something in my vocabulary, mind you it is a good filler that can nearly fit anywhere.

EDIT: Tone that track is sick, love it.

Last edited:
Music would be better without expletives and racial slurs in general. When you are forced to replace a word like nigga or mother f***** from your songs, it forces you to expand your vocabulary, therefore creating better rhyme. You cant rhyme the word nigga with nigga

nigga,
wigga,
digger,
flicker,
twitter,
bitter,
litter,
sitter,
dick her,
lick her,

Now to put this together some how.

Back