HS87 "We The Plug"

Dennis1990

A lot of people saying hiphop has be soo simple.

This project "We The Plug" by Hit-Boy (Who produced Jay-Z's Niggas In Paris and Kendrick Lamar's Backseat Freestyle)

Him and his crew of rappers and producers have made an album with beats with Plenty of switch ups and nowhere near simplicity.
Those beats sound like the have soo much energy and is no where near easy to recreate.

I just dn't think this project will get much shine just because no big name artist are on it and there names aren't really as big as mainstream artist.

The sound is different.

but do u think people will catch on since its not nothing like a mike will or dj mustard beat?

The sound is different.

but do u think people will catch on since its not nothing like a mike will or dj mustard beat?

I think so, It all depends on business side of things like how much promo will this project get? is the parent label going to get him radio play? videos,etc ? Besides all the technicalities of business, I think this album has the potential to be big. I been rocking with Hit-Boy since the surf club/zone 4 days when he was under polow da don with chasencashe. Can't really say his sound is different, you could still hear his roots throughout his progression. I do think he purposely made each beat very intricate so no one could bite him and/or to show his musical prowess. I was psyched to see rich boy on it!! rich boy one of the illest yo I swear. Also, Hit-Boy and Polow da don remind me of Timbaland and Devante Swing... The teacher's imprint is always reflected some how some way. DOPE

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think some of the beats on it sound a little too busy but I really like the project all the same! I don't think it will catch on to majority of people due to the lack of big name artists and also the fact that the label hasnt seen too much promotion. Also there are a few weak verses on there in my opinion but as a whole it is a really good album and I hope it catches on because it deserves to.

I hate this album because he didn't use the last beat he played on Sway In The Morning with Audio Push. . . That shit was too tough.

I listened to this joint. Its no Chronic. That's what he was aiming for. I get it. Its not that though. There's not enough personality in it.

Some of the beats are cool. Some a lil busy for my taste. It would seem that established artists choose the best work from Hit Boy. Either that or he wanted to go totally outside of the sound that established artists have gotten from him.

It was a cool listen.

instrumentally this album was dope the lyrics were lacking though overall i still like it and will bump it for a few more months to come

A lot of people saying hiphop has be soo simple.

This project "We The Plug" by Hit-Boy (Who produced Jay-Z's Niggas In Paris and Kendrick Lamar's Backseat Freestyle)

Him and his crew of rappers and producers have made an album with beats with Plenty of switch ups and nowhere near simplicity.
Those beats sound like the have soo much energy and is no where near easy to recreate.

I just dn't think this project will get much shine just because no big name artist are on it and there names aren't really as big as mainstream artist.

The sound is different.

ironically those 2 songs you mentioned are simple as shit and got placed... now the stuff on his album with more "complex" rhythm's are probably just gonna sit on the shelf...
rap game is just simplified these days..

When you look at the hits (radio stuff) it's usually more simple so people get it quickly. Hit Boy is one of those producers that can get away with complex tracks plus you can tell he's trying to do something a little more out of the box with the artists he's trying to break. But Niggas in Paris - Simple , My Click - Simple. These are the beats we know him for. Something to think about.

Back