How Valuable Do You Think Full Sail Academy Is In Adancing In The Music Industry??

EmDotJay

EmDotJay
seriously though, i start there in june. im going to get my noise out there one way or another but i am thankful for the opportunity to go there.

my bad i meant ADVANCING**

Last edited:
puts you in a position to learn the mechanics.... learn stuff that most of us would never know. Meet people doing the same thing as you.

I think it would help

ask OFF? who is that?? but yeh im not officially a producer by my standards yet. im goin there for a recording arts degree.

I think its a good look gives you an advantage. plus its in florida so it gives you a few networking oppertunities if you willing to grind outside of class.

But in all things your work ethic determines the outcome you'll recieve.

i'm going to IADT its basically the same thing as full sail, except at IADT you get a real degree because you have to take some general studies courses, at full sail you get the equivelent of a "certificate"

but i'm going for the sake of learning a lot more about recording arts, hopefully landing a job in good sudio as an engineer, then as I build up a network and get industry connects (hopefully) then launch myself as a producer and by then I will prolly be a lot better than I am now.

That's cool

Beats_BANG! said:
i'm going to IADT its basically the same thing as full sail, except at IADT you get a real degree because you have to take some general studies courses, at full sail you get the equivelent of a "certificate"

but i'm going for the sake of learning a lot more about recording arts, hopefully landing a job in good sudio as an engineer, then as I build up a network and get industry connects (hopefully) then launch myself as a producer and by then I will prolly be a lot better than I am now.

It sounds like your goals are relatively similar to my own. I hope to see you at the top and possibly get some music done.

i dont wanna knock you for goin to school im sure theres some kind of knowledge youll get that IS valuable

but you dont need it to advance...so many people have had more than stellar careers without needing a degree from a school.

Beats_BANG! said:

Full Sail just recieved University Status last month, they offer Associate, BS, & MS degrees

yeah i was gonna go there but its expensive as ****...my friend went there for two months and dropped out because the workload was crazy...if you've got the drive it will def. pay off not only with the knowledge you'll gain but with the job placement they offer

Back