How much do producers charge to write hooks??

FlyBoyzGraphics

i wrote 2 songs in my city that blew up, so now artists have been coming at me like crazy for hooks. the 2 i did were for free cuz they were **** i did for my boys so i didnt charge. but all these people are coming at me now for hooks and i have no idea what to charge. i know nobody charges the same, but what is a reasonable price for a hook?

you have to figure out how much ur comfortable with
vs how much theyre willing to pay
and try to find a medium where everyone is happy

cuz i could say charge em 50 and they might be willing to pay you 200

some one else might be able to get 1000 for a hook
but if your local competition is selling for 20 a pop most people wont see the point of paying you 1000

gotta feel your way
start out cheap too then come up on the prices once you have some more **** going
where can we hear some music by the way?

check ya pm flyboygraphics

but yea I would just say pretty much what everybody else been sayin just charge what you think it's worth

Last edited:
Step one: stop giving your 'boys' free music. Your becoming a commodity. You can't afford free anymore. Trust me.

Step two: Make sure your business is straight as far as publishing goes. As a writer that's your bread and butter. Never let anyone, no matter what the price tag is, cut into your publishing.

Step three: Don't come up with a set price. Feel the client out. Some are timid and may submit to a higher price tag. Some are straight forward and will tell you how much they are willing to spend for your service. Even those types are able to be bargained with.

If I was you I would start at like 15 to 25 dollars and as business starts to boom.....you raise the prices gradually....Sorta like a Grand Opening Sale....

After a while of selling hooks and shyt....you will develop your own system of pricing your ideaz...

They can be priced different on Complexity just to name one.....

Ya' Feel Me?...

BKster

If I was you I would start at like 15 to 25 dollars and as business starts to boom.....you raise the prices gradually....Sorta like a Grand Opening Sale....

After a while of selling hooks and shyt....you will develop your own system of pricing your ideaz...

They can be priced different on Complexity just to name one.....

Ya' Feel Me?...

BKster
I feel ya.. I'll remember that :)

Back