How Many of You Get Paid for Beatmaking?

haha thanks. That is "ok" money lol (I'm mostly broke, so any amount of money sounds good to me)
But I've heard you're ish before, and it's mostly fire, so that doesn't surprise me :cheers:

Is anyone other than Troup actually pullin in $$$ from this beat thing? Or is everyone just "dreaming/hoping" of becomming the next up-and-coming producer?

The people that do don't really like to post about it because they don't wanna get hounded for their connects or reveal info about the negotiation.

I would say 90% of the people here are either hoping to be up-and-coming or just do this for a hobby.

A good 10% probably make some kind of money in the music industry, whether as a producer or another position.

The people that do don't really like to post about it because they don't wanna get hounded for their connects or reveal info about the negotiation.

I would say 90% of the people here are either hoping to be up-and-coming or just do this for a hobby.

A good 10% probably make some kind of money in the music industry, whether as a producer or another position.

Very true. I think I'm the only ass clown that puts all his business out on the innerwebs. :(

Very true. I think I'm the only ass clown that puts all his business out on the innerwebs. :(

If all it's doing is giving you more exposure.. a play is a play regardless if they like you or not.

Now I just gotta figure out a balance between appropriate and inappropriate so I stop getting banned from forums..

Last edited:
Haha thanks for all the replies! And congrats to those who are just now beginning to sell beats :)

I'll just ignore the obnoxious sarcasm (obviously written by people who spend 5 minutes laughing at their own verbal creativity before hitting "post"), and move on.

And BTW, I'm not asking for EXACT figures as to the money ur making, I'm just curious as to how plausible it is to market cheap beats on the internet. When I have enough beats fully completed, I'm going to wanna sell them via the internet just as a hobby (not trying to get placements - that can come later when I have more time + money) to earn side cash, and I don't want to be disappointed if there really isn't a market for this (and yes I realize that my beats have to be a certain standard, and web promotion skills have to be impeccible blah blah blah).
Thanks, and good luck to those who are just now making $$$ off this sh!t!

Ive sold lots of beats. however I feel the beat game is oversaturated if you are just looking to sell beats. Become a song writer, collaborator or put together a group and come out that way. To me thats the best way to do it have a group of you and your boys and put out dope music. Eventually other artists in your area will hear you and want to cop

You have to have a niche on the internet. Everybody got BEETZ. What ELSE you got?

Gotta have a niche.

I started selling beats a couple years ago. I don't try and break people with my prices because everyone can't afford my work. I start at $200 for beats and go up. I also do the "What you got?" thing just to get the money sometimes. Its hard out here, so helping people out sometimes goes a long way. I cleared over a stack last week, a good week. Sometimes all I get is studio time sessions. I charge people $40hr to track vocals, which leads to alot of beat sells, but I do more than sell beats, I produce songs. They love me for the sound they get (black lion audio "tweak head") and the true production that I give them. I have gotten plenty of radio and club spins and even a few big budget videos created off of my productions, so hopefully one day I will be back in this forum answering this thread with, "So much I can't count that ****, I got white people to do that for me"!!!lol!!!

Back