Is Houston Cursed?

Say man, I heard Brandy Garcia's fine ass just got fired from the BOX for playing a Trae song... or verse off of the Waka Flocka Remix on her personal time.. Shit man Brandy is mad sexy... I'm gonna miss her voice on the radio... I get chill just thinking about her!
Yea the ban on Trae is pretty weak I dont get how they ban Trae from the radio for the Trae day incident something he couldnt prevent but T.I. can get on the radio call Flip out to fight a shooting happens behind it and they never stop playin his music. I remember so many stations were gonna ban Chris Brown from the radio but that shit didnt last long

I think places like Houston can't stand out because they fall under the SOUTH umbrella where everything gets lumped in... when people say West Coast... they're only talking about CA and when they say East Coast... they're normally talking about NY.

Hell VA gets called the SOUTH.

It's like 90% of the NBA being called THE LAKERS and everybody had on the same uniform... somebody would say THE LAKERS ARE GOOD... and you wouldn't necessarily know who the standouts are unless you really followed the game. Same thing with the South. ATL, FL, HOUSTON, MEMPHIS etc all have different sounds... still they just get called The South.

totally different sounds.... for a second houston had that seperation 3rd coast music or H town Music.... Chopped And Screwed was and still is the ish.... i still bumps DJ Ron C... i dnt care for Watts that much

Yea the ban on Trae is pretty weak I dont get how they ban Trae from the radio for the Trae day incident something he couldnt prevent but T.I. can get on the radio call Flip out to fight a shooting happens behind it and they never stop playin his music. I remember so many stations were gonna ban Chris Brown from the radio but that shit didnt last long

Man didn't Trae sue the Box for slander or something? Man I heard Trae gives back... Brah! Sad!

Still though... I love you Brandy ...:cry:

Brandi-Garcia.jpg

Man didn't Trae sue the Box for slander or something? Man I heard Trae gives back... Brah! Sad!

Still though... I love you Brandy ...:cry:

Brandi-Garcia.jpg
Yea he sued a couple months ago i dont think it will do much tho which is sad really. Trae does do alot the whole Trae day thing was for the kids goin back to school free concert just bring school supplies which was optional too. I hope this years goes smooth but I wont be leavin the 40 cal at home. I wanna see how this Brandy situation plays out because its sad that you cant play the music you want to play when your DJing at a gig that has nothing to do with your job. They really dont support local music on the Box unless your one of the DJ and you got a song out like they did for Rob G and GT that Trae and Lil Wayne joint should've been gettin major play down here

Houston's scene is still very strong here in the whole state of Texas. We've never needed mainstream spotlight. There's multiple albums & retail mixtapes still dropping every month. We're independent and we love it.

i dig were u comin 4m cz i used to b a huge lil flip fan back wen "dis is da way we ball" bt from wat i heard alot of dem venture off into other venues like i read slim thug is big into buyin and selling real estate, paul wall w his own grill co. besides dat houston loves houston artist im sure dey do shows on da regular

The way i look at it was houston and atlanta were coming up at the same time. They both had few successful rappers and a massive underground movement coming. I just think atlanta beat them out for that whole southern music movement. Im always reminded of the flip and tip beef when i think about that, but houston has taken a HUGE fall

Houston stole "the magic" from the east and west coasts in the mid 90's, Southside Houston blew up! Then they wanted the magic back and started killin out people.

I love Houston,Chicago,And Memphis Rap but i always wondered was Houston CUrsed?

You Got So Many That Died

Brothers Fat Pat And HAWK,DJ Screw, Pimp, Moe, so many

and then you got beefs like Paul Wall And Chamillionaire for a minute Cham and Mike Jones, Thug ANd Flip

Rumors such as Lil Flip/Mike Jones/Slim Thug Havin AIDS

Devin The Dude Goes harder than half the cats you listen to but never got that chance to shine

I'm Sorry For The Digression i was just thinking about it

Houston and Chicago are cursed. With honorary mention to Memphis becausae acts have to raise up and leave those aforementioned cities
in order to eat and to be recognized.

R. Kelly/Kells - had to leave Chicago to get noticed (went to Blackground Records in Detroit and then Los Angeles to get put on by JIVE/Zomba Recordings UK)
Twista - left Chicago to do the same thing, probably Chief Keef too among Drill rappers that got signed and survived that long
Three 6 Mafia - had to leave Memphis to go to get put on in Los Angeles
H-Town - the R&B group before Dino Connor got bodied in a 2002 car accident by drunk Mexicans that ran the red light and wiped them out...they had to go to Miami
to get put on by Uncle Luke back in '92.
Destiny's Child - Mathew Knowles had to push the group to Los Angeles to get recognition after Girlstown failed under Daryl Simmons Silent Partners label failed.

Geto Boys were the only ones that stayed in Houston and blew up so they weren't cursed (although Bushwick Bill was as he had succumbed to cancer a year ago)

I hope my answers had pertained to the question of this thread. Thank you for reading.

Back