Is Houston Cursed?

PeezyBeatz

IN DUE SEASON!!
I love Houston,Chicago,And Memphis Rap but i always wondered was Houston CUrsed?

You Got So Many That Died

Brothers Fat Pat And HAWK,DJ Screw, Pimp, Moe, so many

and then you got beefs like Paul Wall And Chamillionaire for a minute Cham and Mike Jones, Thug ANd Flip

Rumors such as Lil Flip/Mike Jones/Slim Thug Havin AIDS

Devin The Dude Goes harder than half the cats you listen to but never got that chance to shine

I'm Sorry For The Digression i was just thinking about it

idk why it is that houston never stays on top long. I remember when mike jones was the most popular rapper around. paul wall too. i remember when flip was considered the best rapper around. now you couldnt pay to have their music played

Devin the Dude goes harder than all of 'em. He's like Del the Funkee Homosapien stripped of his backpacker steelo.

So a few people have died, beefs and rumors?

That's nothing short of what other people have had.

And Devin has had his opportunities to shine. Devin isn't interested in being that commercial superstar. Devin makes music about weed, wine and women. And he's stuck to that for his entire career.

Hell, Devin has been with everybody from the Geto Boys to Dr. Dre. He's WELL known in industry circles. And when you want that certain something on your joints, you go get him.

Devin reminds me of Bilal kinda... seems they are content to make a living doing what they love and get respect for it.

I for one, really liked the Houston music more than Atlanta and Florida music... I liked it better than West Coast music too. Still Tippin' was simple but dope as hell to me.

I love Houston,Chicago,And Memphis Rap but i always wondered was Houston CUrsed?

You Got So Many That Died

Brothers Fat Pat And HAWK,DJ Screw, Pimp, Moe, so many

and then you got beefs like Paul Wall And Chamillionaire for a minute Cham and Mike Jones, Thug ANd Flip

Rumors such as Lil Flip/Mike Jones/Slim Thug Havin AIDS

Devin The Dude Goes harder than half the cats you listen to but never got that chance to shine

I'm Sorry For The Digression i was just thinking about it

If anything Chicago and Memphis are cursed have you seen there murder rates. 40 people get shot in the Chi on the weekend wait til 4th of July they will be on the news all weekend.Our Underground scene gets alot more shine then most, other then the Bay area, thats why people tend to know more about our music and when a rapper dies. Im sure NY or LA has lost way more rappers they just arent worth mentioning.The thing about artist down here they have a loyal fan base and wont cross over for money because alot of them arent hurting and arent concerned with being loved by the masses. People like Devin Z-Ro K-Rino have all been offered deals from alot of major labels but they turn them down because they know how much better they can do independently.

I saw some old (I mean literally) Bay Area rappers that I used to listen to in the mid 90's on youtube. They were still being kept afloat by new Bay Area rappers. They were in the vids, in the limo's... it seemed they there to add street cred but ... they were still doing it and still had their emcee respect from the new dudes. I was just searching for people on old "tapes" I had... they were still doing it just like they always had.

so does Jay Z, Wayne, and a few other artists I cant think of right now. Why couldnt Devin's stuff cross over

Naw...EVERY SINGLE SONG DEVIN HAS EVER MADE has been about weed, wine and women.

And Devin is more of a comedy rapper. He doesn't do the club bangers, and he doesn't do that hardcore shoot em up stuff.

Devin likes to make you laugh...and I be cracking UP listening to Devin's music.

Not to mention he's one hell of a lyricist!

I saw some old (I mean literally) Bay Area rappers that I used to listen to in the mid 90's on youtube. They were still being kept afloat by new Bay Area rappers. They were in the vids, in the limo's... it seemed they there to add street cred but ... they were still doing it and still had their emcee respect from the new dudes. I was just searching for people on old "tapes" I had... they were still doing it just like they always had.

Its just something about those old bay area rappers i could listen to Too Short Spice 1 E-40 Mac Dre and Celly Cel all day. I compare the Bay to Houston alot because they both have great indie markets alot of there rappers left a footprint in the game with no major nationwide exposure just word of mouth (pre internet) and the older cats always seem to get the respect of the new generation. Its amazing that some of these guys went Plat and Gold with no radio and video play

Its just something about those old bay area rappers i could listen to Too Short Spice 1 E-40 Mac Dre and Celly Cel all day. I compare the Bay to Houston alot because they both have great indie markets alot of there rappers left a footprint in the game with no major nationwide exposure just word of mouth (pre internet) and the older cats always seem to get the respect of the new generation. Its amazing that some of these guys went Plat and Gold with no radio and video play

and they not changing up for nobody haha.... houston freestyles are real freestyles because its just fun. they don't use huge words and try to spit a dictionary at you... they rhyme with whatever is in they face.....

the whole older texas sound too me had alot of bay area influence imo

and they not changing up for nobody haha.... houston freestyles are real freestyles because its just fun. they don't use huge words and try to spit a dictionary at you... they rhyme with whatever is in they face.....
Yea alot of freestyles were simple but if you listen to Hawk he probably displayed the nicest vocab his shit was always deep
Other then the infamous June 27 freestyle this is probably the most known and best imo

the whole older texas sound too me had alot of bay area influence imo
Yea it really did with the whole deep bass and funk samples

I think places like Houston can't stand out because they fall under the SOUTH umbrella where everything gets lumped in... when people say West Coast... they're only talking about CA and when they say East Coast... they're normally talking about NY.

Hell VA gets called the SOUTH.

It's like 90% of the NBA being called THE LAKERS and everybody had on the same uniform... somebody would say THE LAKERS ARE GOOD... and you wouldn't necessarily know who the standouts are unless you really followed the game. Same thing with the South. ATL, FL, HOUSTON, MEMPHIS etc all have different sounds... still they just get called The South.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say man, I heard Brandy Garcia's fine ass just got fired from the BOX for playing a Trae song... or verse off of the Waka Flocka Remix on her personal time.. Shit man Brandy is mad sexy... I'm gonna miss her voice on the radio... I get chill just thinking about her!

Back