Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Houston Cursed?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminota View Post
    Say man, I heard Brandy Garcia's fine ass just got fired from the BOX for playing a Trae song... or verse off of the Waka Flocka Remix on her personal time.. Shit man Brandy is mad sexy... I'm gonna miss her voice on the radio... I get chill just thinking about her!
    Yea the ban on Trae is pretty weak I dont get how they ban Trae from the radio for the Trae day incident something he couldnt prevent but T.I. can get on the radio call Flip out to fight a shooting happens behind it and they never stop playin his music. I remember so many stations were gonna ban Chris Brown from the radio but that shit didnt last long
    Quote Originally Posted by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup View Post
    Sampling is like having sex w/no condom. You should know that bich well before considering it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biggrome View Post
    I think places like Houston can't stand out because they fall under the SOUTH umbrella where everything gets lumped in... when people say West Coast... they're only talking about CA and when they say East Coast... they're normally talking about NY.

Hell VA gets called the SOUTH.

It's like 90% of the NBA being called THE LAKERS and everybody had on the same uniform... somebody would say THE LAKERS ARE GOOD... and you wouldn't necessarily know who the standouts are unless you really followed the game. Same thing with the South. ATL, FL, HOUSTON, MEMPHIS etc all have different sounds... still they just get called The South.
    totally different sounds.... for a second houston had that seperation 3rd coast music or H town Music.... Chopped And Screwed was and still is the ish.... i still bumps DJ Ron C... i dnt care for Watts that much

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMSOSA View Post
    Yea the ban on Trae is pretty weak I dont get how they ban Trae from the radio for the Trae day incident something he couldnt prevent but T.I. can get on the radio call Flip out to fight a shooting happens behind it and they never stop playin his music. I remember so many stations were gonna ban Chris Brown from the radio but that shit didnt last long

Man didn't Trae sue the Box for slander or something? Man I heard Trae gives back... Brah! Sad!

Still though... I love you Brandy ...

FP GOD... Check the talent!!!

Thanks
    Man didn't Trae sue the Box for slander or something? Man I heard Trae gives back... Brah! Sad!

im from san antonio and i feel your pain

Thanks

Yea he sued a couple months ago i dont think it will do much tho which is sad really. Trae does do alot the whole Trae day thing was for the kids goin back to school free concert just bring school supplies which was optional too. I hope this years goes smooth but I wont be leavin the 40 cal at home. I wanna see how this Brandy situation plays out because its sad that you cant play the music you want to play when your DJing at a gig that has nothing to do with your job. They really dont support local music on the Box unless your one of the DJ and you got a song out like they did for Rob G and GT that Trae and Lil Wayne joint should've been gettin major play down here
    Quote Originally Posted by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup View Post
    Sampling is like having sex w/no condom. You should know that bich well before considering it.

Thanks
    Houston's scene is still very strong here in the whole state of Texas. We've never needed mainstream spotlight. There's multiple albums & retail mixtapes still dropping every month. We're independent and we love it.

Thanks
    i dig were u comin 4m cz i used to b a huge lil flip fan back wen "dis is da way we ball" bt from wat i heard alot of dem venture off into other venues like i read slim thug is big into buyin and selling real estate, paul wall w his own grill co. besides dat houston loves houston artist im sure dey do shows on da regular

Thanks
    The way i look at it was houston and atlanta were coming up at the same time. They both had few successful rappers and a massive underground movement coming. I just think atlanta beat them out for that whole southern music movement. Im always reminded of the flip and tip beef when i think about that, but houston has taken a HUGE fall

Thanks
    Houston stole "the magic" from the east and west coasts in the mid 90's, Southside Houston blew up! Then they wanted the magic back and started killin out people.

Thread Information