Hopsin or Tyler The Creator

not a fan of either musically

but Tyler is making some serious bank off his whole brand and team still even though a lot of people feel like they lost their steam, can't say the same for Hopsin

In music, there is no "better". They are both good in their own style.

Both aren't bad but try too hard. Tyler tries to hard to act like he's not trying, and Hopsin tries to hard by explaining how he's trying and why that makes him better. Both just plain "try to hard." It ain't hip-hop to have your cards so easily visible on the table and I can see both dudes hands after watching just single youtube video of either. My opinion...

I think Tyler is okay, and has his own style. Never really listened to Hopsin after today, but after hearing his 'ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5', I must say the lyrics are amazing. Musically, I don't really say there's one better, but to me Hopsin's music is the most relevant and I'll listen it earlier than Tyler.

Gotta say OFWGTA. Wasn't really into they music untill about 2 or 3 weeks ago. When I first heard Yonkers I liked it, but it didn't wow me. It wasn't until I listened to some of their other music that I got impressed by them.

plus Tyler is a helluva nice under appreciated producer.

Gotta go with Hopsin. More lyrical, imo. Not really digging the Em flow and beats though.

Tyler is hella funny though. Would love to kick it with the dude. Surprised no one has mentioned that they both play a hand in producing some of their own music. Tyler did Yonkers, if I recall correctly? Bat is dope.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a fan of either musically

but Tyler is making some serious bank off his whole brand and team still even though a lot of people feel like they lost their steam, can't say the same for Hopsin
youd be surprised, hop runs his own label now. hes making serious money with that + his own merchandising + shows etc

he'll never ever advance as an artist until he starts using other production though. every single song of his sounds the same now

hes a shady guy though, i wont go into it but hes as ruthless as his old label

Last edited:
youd be surprised, hop runs his own label now. hes making serious money with that + his own merchandising + shows etc

he'll never ever advance as an artist until he starts using other production though. every single song of his sounds the same now

hes a shady guy though, i wont go into it but hes as ruthless as his old label
What's shady about him ? I mean if you're going to mention it, might as well go into it.

on topic :
Both.
Two talented young black men making cash from their craft.

Played a show with Hopsin once, well, was the dj for the opening acts... Anyways, he didn't seem shady to me. I actually went into it expecting him to be an *******. Something about his music just gives you that impression. Regardless of my preconceived notions, he was actually a really nice guy who seemed down to earth. The whole crazy eye psycho stuff is just his stage persona. He kills live shows. If you're not a fan of him, that'll probably change after his performance. It did for me anyways.

What's shady about him ? I mean if you're going to mention it, might as well go into it.

on topic :
Both.
Two talented young black men making cash from their craft.

****s over a lot of people

im chill with his old manager that he ****ed over. guy that helped craft his entire sound and album before anyone even knew who he was, his best friend and wouldnt give him a damn contract

i also worked with the guy back in 2009 before he recorded raw

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. On ALL points I can destroy anyone who says Hopsin isn't good or anything. As much as you all have your own talents you have to admit that Hopsin is amazingly talented, NO one. I mean NO ONE on OF could compare to his lyrical talent. He is a kid, in a mans body. You just have to understand that when he raps. Personally, I go for the people who rap so well and fluent its as if they aren't even rapping at all but telling you something or telling a story. Biggie was the first person to do this and we all know how talented he was. I USED to LIKE Tyler and OF but to be honest, I only liked them because they were different. I only liked their music because it was serious music like Yonkers and most of Earl's songs. But they get WAY to much hype then they deserve now and all they are doing with it is making people look stupid. Anyone with real musical sense can tell they aren't even serious about their craft. Talking about chopping nutsacks off an raping babies is just getting them even more hype, and quite frankly I can see ALOT of people now trying to mirror that same style. Horrorcore isn't even all about talking about shit like that. It's a small fraction and yes, as much as they have 2-3 talented rappers in the group. Like I said before they get way to much hype and hence the only reason they are famous right now. They game wasn't at its peak and basically anything feed able to the community was worth listening to when all you hear is bullshit on the radio. Hopsin is one of the most realest rappers in the game right now. He talks about shit I have been thinking about ever since I was in 7th grade. The shit he talks about relates to everyone who was that outcast in school and real shit. Gazing at The Moonlight was so amazingly lyrical, so was raw but Gazing at The Moonlight was way realer. I don't understand how some of you swear he might be an *******, wait, It's almost DEFINITE that because all you've ever heard from him was Sag My Pants and the I'll Mind Series. Sure, his YouTube videos set off that persona but at the same time I didn't listen to an artist just by the YouTube videos. If I like something, I'm going to dig deeper and see how this artist is really like. All of you, take the time out to listen to his REAL songs, and also, above (KelevraOne) who posted Rella as one of Tyler's songs that got you hooked. Complete BULLSHIT. I can understand She, but song's like VCR and albums like Goblin where his best until they so said "lost there steam" I just can seriously judge a group of people who aren't serious at all and try to hard to be something they totally aren't in reality to someone who is real and does everything on his own. I can guarantee you, without Hopsin. Tyler's Yonkers would still be at 2m or so. That's how I found him, and that's how whoever found Hopsin found him. He is a down to earth person that I have actually met a few or so times.

yeah but hes an ******* with no loyalty to anythin other than dead presidents

thats my prob with him

What? What the ****, this makes NO sense. Did you even SEE I'll Mind of Hopsin 5?

All you menacing freaks are only in it for cheeseAnd the mass control limit was breached - F#CK hip-hop!

...They only in it for cheese,and any eyewitness can see
They purposely making the innocent weak
My existence on this planet's for you, I ain't only here to benefit me
Yo, we need to make a change while there's still time
It is hard, and sometimes I struggle trying to reveal mine
I can guide you if you feel blind
I just need you to be willing to journey into my ill mind

How do you not understand that he hates people who do this for the money. Hip hop is supposed to be about having fun & sharing your story as a person with a little bit of competitive style, not about how much money you make and how many ******* you sleep with. That's the equation that leaves you with the talent less ****s that ruined hip hop only "in it for cheese"

lol im talkin real shit from MY experiences with him

dude ****ed over his best friend in front of my own eyes. money got to him, he wouldnt give his best friend and manager at the time a damn contract so he would get his share of the pie. this was BEFORE he blew up.

and lol @ taking words on a song as gospel truth, dude talks about slapping rick ross all the time it dont mean he does it

Last edited:
Back