Holy shit. . .I've been on FP for 10 years. . lol

kyng

Shutup and just do it. .
Damn time flies. I say ten because I lurked for a while before I actually joined. I'm only 23. On another note, I'm starting to see a turnaround in this section, Monk and Swag are really putting out good information. I hope this trend continues. June will be my 10 anniversary lol. WHERE ALL MY FP VETS AT?!!? Checkin time!

Last edited:
Happy days bro - it is always a shock when realise that you have been doing something or going some where for a long long time....

Old school like FP like...Shondrae dropping gems....Fruity Loops vs. Everything else...."how do I remove vocals like kanye".....when cats actually had BEAT BATTLES......."where can I download the BEETMAKER VST"....polk high alumni in this *****!

The Pussification of Men. . . Neox and his madness. . . Chauncey. . . Modus Op F or Deaf noblewordz and his drunk off topic replies. . . Mev (The Renegades) cryin about being beat jacked lol. Those were some of the funniest things about FP. lol.

Has anybody learned anything LEGIT from FP?

I wouldn't have known about 75% of the things I know about production if it wasn't for FP. Hell, my standards for the music I listen to wouldn't be so high if it wasn't for FP.

Has anybody learned anything LEGIT from FP?

I wouldn't have known about 75% of the things I know about production if it wasn't for FP. Hell, my standards for the music I listen to wouldn't be so high if it wasn't for FP.
talked to some dudes on here i now talk to more off of here so thats good, and i legit learned how oversensitive people can be online and the misuse of the word hater. thats what i learned most lol

remember the "you gonna let me smash thread", everybody postin up convos of them sending that to girls....shit was funny

Honestly, probably my prime on here was in college when I procrastinated...I was just learning production then so it was nice to come here and search for threads....overall though the community is probably what kept most people coming back...it really was like a barbershop...the difference now is everybody is at a different barbershop now(Twitter) and they only stop here to see if the same people they came up with are around. FP hasn't changed. Only its members. It's just like high school, you gotta graduate at some point.

The PMP scam thread had me crying...ol' girl ran up in here trying to talk smack and got revealed as a groupie. When they ran Venture Bro out of here was classic too.... Troup's threads always delivered too on info, comedy, and flame wars. The Modus Operandi threads always delivered too...whatever anybody had to say about him he was a good rapper and entertaining member.

I think the highlight of my time here was the FP Battle League that suddenly discontinued because the moderator got arrested or some ish.

September will be 10 yurz for me.

... Hip Hop was / is the only music I can make so I was pretty much stuck here, lol.

Had a lot of e-fights, helped where I could, posted links, gave honest critics from my point of view, did a few tutorials here and there, gave some reviews of software, battled some people, stood up for black people, gave insight to ish I've been through, told some true stories every now and then, did a few collabs, Got on the FP MONEY! Remix (classic) lol, made it onto BOTH FP Remix tapes, Won FP's King of the Hill multiple times, pissed off some people, became cool with some, got hated on, got props, got hit on by women via PM, had to have the last word every single time... smh, always gave honest answers via PM, acted a fool, acted serious, tried to add some humor every now and then, supported everybody that was serious,... that's about it.

Almost forgot.... I got that promotional PMP membership by being on FP at the right time and having the right sound. One of the best things to come out of being on here. Props to the PMP team!!!

... but now, music seems really loop driven. You get more loops when you upgrade than actual sounds to use.

I think LIVE 9 is my last upgrade, I saw the REASON 7 news and didn't get excited...

I still make a beat here and there but if there's no market for it, it's not that exciting. I heard some rappers on satellite radio saying they tell producers "take it or leave it". 10 years ago.... EVERYBODY was hungry and thought they could be NEXT. There was a lot more passion back then. There was no "I got on a mixtape... (crickets)...".

Also I was around to witness THE GREATEST GAGGLEPHUCK in the history of the internet... the first FP Mixtape, lol. My gawd that thing was unorganized. I think the planning ran to 1600 pages and about 4 FP members made it onto the mixtape and they had about 4 songs a piece.

(Don't think I'll make the 10 years though, the site has slowed down considerably - it's almost like watching paint dry at times)

Lot's o laughs and good discussions though. N word threads were a mutha.

I never lurked, I came in talking crap. The first day J Traxx was blowing up my PM asking me to battle him. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do, lol. FP had a forum wide beat battle with about 32 people in it. Infradead ran it, it was awesome. I got booted out by some dudes that produced for Janet Jackson. They showed me how amateur my stuff sounded, lol. The best trash talkers were around from 2004 - 2006. My gawd the e-fights were epic!!!!

Oh, yeah... I forewarned everyone about the detriment of pink shirts and skinny jeans... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT... we lost though.

Advice: Go to the other sections, those people are actually learning how to make music instead of talking about it...

^^^^ That's my speech.

Last edited:
Back