hmm Obama?? Peep this

DonVincent

So i had a recent discussion about Obama winning and Black Ppl

Obama yes is for change, righteousness, making sure those who can't eat eat etc... but for those who are in the thug mentaility of life who screamed for obama has he galantly gave his speach as the first black pres... do yall change ur ways.. can u look at life as the system wont work for you... do u continue hustling cause "thats the only way"

Obama is for those who work 9-5... work hard.. 1 2 or 3 jobs to support there family.. for those who cant pay to go to the hospitals and rich schools... etc...

but he aint for you if u hustling to get by... selling drugs.. pimpin etc... so i was poised with such a question... do i say i have to do illegal activies because my situation permits me doin so.. cause now no matter wat u say u claim u have to do... cause now no matter wat u say u claim u have to do... the opposition can say.. "well look at obama, if he can be a black pres.. u complainin now is bull****"

Last edited:
Barack spoke about that once, holding us black men accountable for ourr actions and decisions and not tolerating laziness or excuses. Now that he's president, it's our personal responsibility to work to make our lives better. He will improve things in America slowly but surely, but we have to do our part too. No more excuses.

Yeah, me and my girl talked about this ****.. very true indeed.. Time to get on your grind, clean your act up.. anything is possible

"Rosa sat so Martin could walk. Martin Walked so Barack could run. Barack is running so our children can fly. You voted. We won. Now let's fly."

DonVincent said:
So i had a recent discussion about Obama winning and Black Ppl

Obama yes is for change, righteousness, making sure those who can't eat eat etc... but for those who are in the thug mentaility of life who screamed for obama has he galantly gave his speach as the first black pres... do yall change ur ways.. can u look at life as the system wont work for you... do u continue hustling cause "thats the only way"

Obama is for those who work 9-5... work hard.. 1 2 or 3 jobs to support there family.. for those who cant pay to go to the hospitals and rich schools... etc...

but he aint for you if u hustling to get by... selling drugs.. pimpin etc... so i was poised with such a question... do i say i have to do illegal activies because my situation permits me doin so.. cause now no matter wat u say u claim u have to do... cause now no matter wat u say u claim u have to do... the opposition can say.. "well look at obama, if he can be a black pres.. u complainin now is bull****"

I feel what you're saying, and I agree...but some people may not have the ingredients to make it out of a bad situation, a lot of people are born into it, and guided into it.

I say that to say this...if one person who's slangin, or pimpin, or "hustlin" and they are inspired to change because of Obama, then that is a beautiful thing and a step in the right direction. Too many misguided young black males. When a majority of black men make it out of bad situations, they never go back to guide others out. They move as far away as possbile...so a lot of these kids only have entertainers to look up to. Where are the black doctors, lawyers, dentists, real estate agents, stock brokers, etc? They don't stick around to talk to the youth, they get as far away as possible. Part of the blame is on the people who call those who made a way "sellouts, uncle toms" etc, but even then, if you can reach just one kid...he'll grow to do the same thing. Fortunately...im one of the few who get the message and apply it, and I do my part often to try to help more get it and make away.

I know were in the spirit of positivity ... But lets be real the people
who are slangin and selling aren't going to stop just because Obama
has become president. Reguardless of bad situations selling drugs is
also about fast money and not having to work a 9 to 5 ... Some people
don't want to be working class citizens aka working for the man no
matter what race they are. The president isn't going to hand pick a
better life for you so people are still going to do what they gotta do.
The drug dealers are still gonna wake up tomorrow and make their money
they don't care about excuses or the president.

I'm all for the change and in the spirit ... But lets be real we all woke up
and did the samething we did the 2 days before he was elected and a
week from now everyone will still be doing the same when the spirit wears
off.

Last edited:
H&R said:

off.

co-signin.

H&R said:

off.

You're absolutely right. But at the same time now they will no longer be able to get away with the same excuse if or when they get caught of "no opportunity in America for a black man" when one came up out of a similar situation and made it to the highest position in the country. That's the thing that will change.

i also wonder why celeberties endorse him. During his campaign he made it clear he will be increasing their taxes lol

He is the president of the US not the second coming of Christ. He is going to do what is in the best interest of the US as a whole. To think people are going to change their ways simply because we have a different president is crazy. He may inspire but you need more than some inspiration to change your ways.

Selling drugs, being in gangs, killing, stealing, etc... well to be blunt is ignorant.

Obama himself can't wave a magic wand and everything is tidy.

Those thugs need to find a better life, stop stealing, killing, etc... Those drug sellers need to find a better legal way of getting money. Cause if a man can stand out side everyday and sell roses to feed his family, so can you.

Broken Friday said:
Selling drugs (no its not), being in gangs, killing (yes it is), stealing, etc... well to be blunt is ignorant.

Those thugs need to find a better life, stop stealing, killing, etc... Those drug sellers need to find a better legal way of getting money. Cause if a man can stand out side everyday and sell roses to feed his family, so can you.

you right...for most of what you said.

robel g said:
i also wonder why celeberties endorse him. During his campaign he made it clear he will be increasing their taxes lol

Maybe they['re not selfish, what's a couple thousand dollars to someone that makes millions and likely donates to charities already. That's one thing I do even as some one who doesn't make all that money, even if I did make over $250,000 I'd still support Obama...looks at what's going to better the country, not just you and your family.

Something that bothered me, was when I heard people say they're supporting McCain because they want the war to keep going just because they work for Government contractors such as Lockheed martin and Northrop Grumman. Never mind what the war is about, who's dying, who's suffering...as long as I keep this money rolling in I'm happy? Really? Really?

One thing I tried to jam in there heads is that OEF (the war in Afghanistan) will still be there for your selfish greed f'ers and that's where we are trying to put more focus

Oh and on topic...yeah, those same ole people when continue to take the wrong path.

Last edited by a moderator:
TekTraxMusicDotCom said:
Maybe they['re not selfish, what's a couple thousand dollars to someone that makes millions and likely donates to charities already. That's one thing I do even as some one who doesn't make all that money, even if I did make over $250,000 I'd still support Obama...looks at what's going to better the country, not just you and your family.

Something that bothered me, was when I heard people say they're supporting McCain because they want the war to keep going just because they work for Government contractors such as Lockheed martin and Northrop Grumman. Never mind what the war is about, who's dying, who's suffering...as long as I keep this money rolling in I'm happy? Really? Really?

One thing I tried to jam in there heads is that OEF (the war in Afghanistan) will still be there for your selfish greed f'ers and that's where we are trying to put more focus

Oh and on topic...yeah, those same ole people when continue to take the wrong path.

Word that's phucked up I know this cat that works for some government organization working on highly secretive weapons type stuff and he said the same thing war is great its how we make our money. Phucked up world we live in isn't it?

Dealers and people that live under the radar... don't really care about what Obama does. Are they paying taxes? Do they have a job that provides healthcare? probably not.

Some probably think that they might like to have a shot at going legit and that was probably the hope they clung onto. Sometimes things like kids, seeing friends killed or whatever make people re-evaluate what they're doing... it would probably be best if some of the barriers have been broken down for the day they might decide to go legit.

Or maybe they were for Obama for everybody but themselves - their Mom, girlfriend, sister, grandma, their kids that they don't want to slang.... who knows.

I doubt if anybody with change anything. Attitudes have changed though and that was the biggest message sent to the old boy network. Things should get better from here on out. It's no longer taboo to vote for somebody that's a different color that you are. We've been doing it for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken Friday said:
Selling drugs, being in gangs, killing, stealing, etc... well to be blunt is ignorant.

easy for you to say, that statement is just as bad as "homeless people are just lazy" which is the way some people feel. everybodys situation is different. Killing needs to stop in general, as far as thieves and drug sellers, you cant lump everybody in some huge general group

Last edited:
I am tired of rappers shouting out Barack Obama's name in their songs about killing, slanging, clubing and other misc. activities that has completly nothing to do with Obama

as20gp said:
easy for you to say, that statement is just as bad as "homeless people are just lazy" which is the way some people feel. everybodys situation is different. Killing needs to stop in general, as far as thieves and drug sellers, you cant lump everybody in some huge general group

You can also say the same thing about killings. This post contradicting to say the least.

Back