Hiphop Battles On PPV!?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5747
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5747

Alright as most of yall know, JayZ challenged NaS to a Live Battle on PPV to see who really is the so-called "King Of NY". However NaS stated in a recent interview that "PPV is for Boxers and Wrestlers, if JayZ wants to battle with me have him drop his album on the same day as mines."

Now i know Nas is kinda stupid for thinking he could outsell JayZ and we all know that record sells dont determine raw lyrical skills. Now my Question to yall is...

Should Rap Battles happend on PPV? for E.x. We could have a main Event: JayZ Vs. NaS and have some Unsigned Hype battle MC's as the undercard lyricist. And if this were to happend just think of what it could mean for The hiphop Community on a Monthly Basis. Just Think of a Eminem Vs. Canibus Battle as the next PPV event after the Nas/JayZ and a DMX Vs. Ja-Rule.

I think this SHOULD happend for Hiphop and for the Artists themselves that have been questioned to have lose their grimey edge and gain "Street Cred".

Let me know what yall think...?

Last edited by a moderator:
P-P-V = W-E-A-K

they do freestyle on Hot 97 for FREE.

You get their music off napster for FREE.

MTV plays thier videos and interviews for FREE (kind of).

Why would anyone pay 50 bones to hear these 2 dudes drop 3 rehearsed verses?

Don't get me wrong though. It's a tight idea, but don't try to make money off it. Jigga says profits go to chairity? F*ck that. If he wanted to keep it street, he should take it to the radio with Nas on Hot 97.

Chronos

Last edited by a moderator:
Chronos said:
P-P-V = W-E-A-K

they do freestyle on Hot 97 for FREE.

You get their music off napster for FREE.

MTV plays thier videos and interviews for FREE (kind of).

Why would anyone pay 50 bones to hear these 2 dudes drop 3 rehearsed verses?

Don't get me wrong though. It's a tight idea, but don't try to make money off it. Jigga says profits go to chairity? F*ck that. If he wanted to keep it street, he should take it to the radio with Nas on Hot 97.

Chronos

Hot97 is gay they will censor all the stuff they got to say. And not all PPV events are $50 they could be as low as $9.95. It's not like these Artists are boxers and sh!t. But if it'll include more Artists Battling and NOT just JayZ and Nas it should be a good idea.

it would be good to get them to battle one another, on radio or tv. fukk paying for it tho. just organize an event at a club, and record that ****. get mtv in there if they can. dont make it all exclusive tho. its great jay-z wants to get into charidee, i guess he'd put it towards some kind of urban program for kids or something.

Back