Have you ever met an MC/Producer you looked up to?

StankDank

i just recently met Ghostface and damn i was like stuck like "oh sht thats ****in tony starks!". He was real cool when i talked to him and i wanted to see if anybody here has any stories where they met some MC or producer they look up to.

Yea i live in va i met chad 2 times at the g and i meet nottz

I met Chuck D once back in 1991. I told him I wanted to try out for the S1W's.

Met Rakim in 1994, in an elevator on my way to see my lawyer. I froze and played it off like I had no clue who he was..

2 of my favorite MC's of all time.

met Tribe well really Ali, Phife, & Jarobi at the meet and greet for Rock The Bells '08. Later that year I got to meet Q-Tip at his solo show, took a flick and handed him a beat tape. I also asked him what it was like working w/ Dilla. Dope moments in my life as I've banged out to their music for years.

I would have loved to met Ghostface though, I got some beats for him & Rae !

Last edited:
I've met a few, but the only one that really stuck out was DMX. It was a short meeting, but so not what I expected that it threw me off. I don't like meeting people I'm a fan of. They never live up to expectations.

I've had opportunities to meet Redman and always avoided them. That's my favorite rapper of all time, affiliates with alot of guys I know well, but would hate to have a "superman is really Christopher Reeves moment". I always have them with celebs. And it's always something different.

You get ready to meet a guy who's an a-hole, you end up meshing, he seems cool, and then he turns out to be a pedophile. You meet someone who's heavily influenced on drugs...you expect that, but don't expect him to piss his pants and his girl to try to f**k you while he's passed out and tell you he hasn't had sex with her in months because his d**k doesn't work from drug use. You meet guys who do concious rap that will smack a chick's nose bloody after cheating on her in her face...You meet a guy who front's like he's a nice guy, you don't expect him to be riding around with you in his car and revealing 2 or 3 guns stashed in it and a busted open turkeybag of dro under your seat.

All true stories. Not the average experience, all very odd incidents. I also find it wierd that 90% of the time when you meet celebs they have nothing better to do that day and hang out with you hard for the few hours they got. Maybe they're so seperated from the real world they take that time to be "normal" and just "kick it".

I don't wanna give away too many names, but Nick Cannon was one of those examples, and the last you'd expect. In all fairness i have to say he isn't a pedo and his chicks are(were, Mariah only now) usually banging models who would not stay around to get smacked in their valuable faces and would have no problem gettin another dude if he wasn't on his job. :cheers:

^^^ Nick Cannon stashes guns and dro???

I've met Kanye, Pharrell and Chad, Timbaland, Will.I.Am, and Polow da Don. All cool peeps and normal experiences.

yhea that nick cannon ish got me, no wonder he's trying to push corey gunz on mtv now ... (which personally I hope is more beneficial to cory than nick)

I met Polow when he was coming out of his Jim Crow days..around the time he started messin w/ Jazze I think.

Smoked mad herb w/ Eek-A-Mouse...was pretty exciting, I suppose. Weird dude. He kept singing/skatting/toasting pretty much the entire night.

Nah....deranged been hangin out with Wayne Brady

It actually felt alot like that skit. Not like dude was doing such real sh*t it got me scared. But he was doing waaaayyyyy to much to be Nick Cannon. Or at least I thought until I seen it.

I can understand though. He was in his town riding around his spots, and SoCal can get crazy. Most dudes out there keep a few pistols and everyone in Cali smokes....just expected him to be different.

He does roll with some reputable gangbangers and pimps as well(or at least used to, I can't go by what he did in the past to describe him now), but just wierd.

Last edited:
I worked at starbucks and met Flava Flav. My co-worker said, look out, I think that guys a crackhead. I said "fool, that's Flavor Flav!" I walked up and started singing 911's a joke and he screamed. My friend changd his tune and was gushing all over him. "Public Enemy is one of my favorite groups."

Don't be fooled by his schtick. Flav is stupid nice, inspirational type cat. He gave me a big hug when he left. That was the sit.

I was DJing after an Alcoholiks show in the baement of the club. The Liks came down and started having a little aterparty. Tash was dancing to my set with girls, giving me props, and E-Swift, like any real DJ,came to the booth and watched me play. "What record is that?" "Oh that's tight", etc. That was ****in rad. When the promoter came down bugging, "We gotta get to the afterparty" Tash said, "The after paties right here"

YEAH!!!!! ahaha

Back