Happy Perez on the MiKo

D

Dj Kool AC

A lot of people may not know who Happy Perez is, but hes been puttin it down for a long time. One of my favorite joints that he did was on Luda's Release Therapy called, "End of the Night" ft. Bobby V. He has some serious heat.
Enjoy. :cheers:

cool to see someone actually make a beat. it sounded cool.

lmfao at his comment on laptops "well that means ur not serious about makng music"

.... i wont say anything.

bobsmitt said:
lmfao at his comment on laptops "well that means ur not serious about makng music"

i'm guessing open labs scripts these so that there has to be hating on into either other hw or other ways of meking music with software...

Happy Perez did those fire joints on Young Bleed's first album with No Limit. He's a monster

My homie kicks it with this dude quite a bit. Real cool cat, chill, humble family man. Not to mention he is an absolute monster on the beats, that video there does him no justice.

this dude is better at rnb than hiphop. that beat it makes is 2/5... check out his stuff with frankie j, thats fya...

hell yeah the one he did for frankie j and chamillion was fire for real, dude been a beast though

that beat he was making was pretty wak, i know he is better than that so ima stop, you already know.

but the miko seems cool, how much are they?

61Key said:
but the miko seems cool, how much are they?

The MiKo LX is about $3,499.00 and the MiKo SE is about $2,999.00

DaOriginalBlade said:
that video there does him no justice.

Yeah, that's what I thought. It seemed like he was holding back a little.

j.troup said:
Happy Perez did those fire joints on Young Bleed's first album with No Limit. He's a monster

Yeah he laced him with some major heat. I think he has a new album about to drop in Sep. called "Once Upon A Time In Amedica". It's on his myspace.

bobsmitt said:
cool to see someone actually make a beat. it sounded cool.

IMO from a production standpoint he is right, beatmaking on a laptop is one thing but most if not all "pros" who are seriously recording vocals, mixing, and mastering whole songs arent going to use a laptop, especially if it's in Protools. desktops perform much better in these situations due to faster harddrives and CPU usage...

Last edited:
bobsmitt said:
damn i thought frontin was produced by mannie fresh.

he's dope.
aww ****, that sure was mannie, i'm trippin hard, anyways, Hap is a beast

yeah man, i first noticed his name alot in the inserts for bobby v's first cd, and happy straight KILLED that "End of the Night" track with bobby v, and his cuts off bobby's new album.

I was expecting him to make some sh*t like that, but I should have known better. Still a nice vid though, thanks...

dmensah1 said:
IMO from a production standpoint he is right, beatmaking on a laptop is one thing but most if not all "pros" who are seriously recording vocals, mixing, and mastering whole songs arent going to use a laptop, especially if it's in Protools. desktops perform much better in these situations due to faster harddrives and CPU usage...

You think he is gonna master his tracks, or even record vocals into his Miko then...? I think not. It was a silly ass comment, most likely enforced by OL.

1005 said:
You think he is gonna master his tracks, or even record vocals into his Miko then...? I think not. It was a silly ass comment, most likely enforced by OL.

In happy's case, I dont know, but others it's quite common.
recording and mixing vocals can easily be done on these, just as if you were using a desktop/Mac Digi 002 setup. You can have any interface built into it when you order it, and cats such as Polow use ProTools on it. In Happy's case, he may not *NEED* to master what he has recorded and mixed and has the luxury of sending off the project to a mastering engineer and guess what? I seriously doubt they are going to use a laptop to do it, that was my point. Desktops perform better than laptops for audio, and Mikos are on par with Desktops, just in keyboard clothing...

dmensah1 said:
of course you want really be recording vocals, mixing, and mastering songs on a laptop, but they can be used for rough recordings or mixes of a song while you are traveling.

i dont think they were saying that u could use a laptop as your whole setup but for mobile solution it is useful.

i don't think people will be seriously recording vocals, mixing, and mastering whole songs on a open labs device either.

bobsmitt said:
of course you want really be recording vocals, mixing, and mastering songs on a laptop, but they can be used for rough recordings or mixes of a song while you are traveling.

i dont think they were saying that u could use a laptop as your whole setup but for mobile solution it is useful.

i don't think people will be seriously recording vocals, mixing, and mastering whole songs on a open labs device either.

I don't see what's wrong with doing vocals and mixing with it. Seems like a waste of money not to. I would however check into the pre's it comes with to see if they needed to be swaped out. A nice mic and pre would and it would be complete. No diff than a digi 002, midi controller, and a nice daw. Why not record completly?

bobsmitt said:

so a desktop is fine and dandy for "serious" vocal recording, mixing, mastering work but a Miko/Neko isnt? A miko/neko is typically more powerful than a desktop setup and has been configured (ex: O/S stripped/services/registry edited) for the very things I just mentioned. Timbo and Polow in particular do the tracks in cubase, then dump into Protools to mix/record vocals. A miko/neko is an "all in one" production solution thats easy to haul around. a laptop is a terrible choice for doing workhorse production work compared to desktops, it shines in pre-production work.

Thats what I got from Happy when comparing it to a laptop as a workhorse for everything as some cats on here keep doing: the numerous "why buy a neko or miko, i can just cop a laptop and midi controller" posts...

Back