Got fired from my 6 figure job yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.troup

Sooo....

For the past 4.5 years, I've been working for a company named dunnhumby. (dunnhumby - Welcome to dunnhumby). Last year, I cleared about $105,000.

Well they decided to fire me yesterday.

And I couldn't be happier. I feel so liberated and free. Like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

So guess what I'm about to do? If you don't know, click the sig.

:victory:

Congrats!!! Me getting laid of at Wells Fargo was the best thing to happen to me too. Are you considering doing any ventures out side of music? I'm validating a start-up now.

Last edited:
Sooo....

For the past 4.5 years, I've been working for a company named dunnhumby. (dunnhumby - Welcome to dunnhumby). Last year, I cleared about $105,000.

Well they decided to fire me yesterday.

And I couldn't be happier. I feel so liberated and free. Like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

So guess what I'm about to do? If you don't know, click the sig.

:victory:

When one door closes, another opens. ~

Sorry to hear that you got laid off but on the flip side congrats to you on your newly gained liberation!

SMH at this foolishness.

Only in America is working at a high-paying job considered a bad thing. I don't care how boring or stifling or stressful a job is. Getting fired is bad, bad, bad.

Most jobs are not fulfilling. But they serve a purpose. I just do not understand why people complain so much about work, especially those that make a lot of money.

I just do not have these fantasies about being my own boss or quitting my job anymore. That does not seem like a comfortable or liberating event for me. I am not set up to be unemployed.

What the f*** are you going to do now?

Last edited:
^^^^^dude.............ok.......

a guy works at MCDonalds and draws unemployment after working there for a year...........

a guy draws unemployment after making six figures a year for yearzzzzzzzzzah...............

Your rant is foolishness.

It's a different lane he's talking about. Like when a host of a T.V show gets fired for whatever reason.........AND DOES HIS OWN DAMN SHOW in a few months and makes way more money, has way more freedom than he did abiding by their rules....and unemployment stills cover your ass as he develops on a plan that he has already been working on but didn't have time......due to giving his time to someone else. And if all else fails....HE STILL HAS OPTIONS OF GETTING PAID MORE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!! Gotta love America!

Thought you were smarter than that.....smh.

On the other hand...............a person who is not PREPARED.....should not move. AND WE KNOW Troup has been up to something for these two or so years as he presents it to us.

I wish you much success. It's going to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more stressful than a job though.

Last edited:
Nigga gets fired from a 6 figure job and is happy...nigga take ur meds...

^^^^^dude.............ok.......

a guy works at MCDonalds and draws unemployment after working there for a year...........

a guy draws unemployment after making six figures a year for yearzzzzzzzzzah...............

Your rant is foolishness.

It's a different lane he's talking about. Like when a host of a T.V show gets fired for whatever reason.........AND DOES HIS OWN DAMN SHOW in a few months and makes way more money, has way more freedom than he did abiding by their rules....and unemployment stills cover your ass as he develops on a plan that he has already been working on but didn't have time......due to giving his time to someone else. And if all else fails....HE STILL HAS OPTIONS OF GETTING PAID MORE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!! Gotta love America!

Thought you were smarter than that.....smh.

On the other hand...............a person who is not PREPARED.....should not move. AND WE KNOW Troup has been up to something for these two or so years as he presents it to us.

I wish you much success. It's going to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more stressful than a job though.

I have nothing against J Troup. He probably will become successful in the long run. But dropping from a six-figure job to collecting unemployment is nothing to take lightly.

Call my rant foolish if you want. But none of us here will be there to help Troup out if he hits hard times in between unemployment and successful entrepreneurship. I do not take leaving a job lightly.

SMH at this foolishness. Only in America is working at a high-paying job considered a bad thing. I don't care how boring or stifling or stressful a job is. Getting fired is bad, bad, bad. Most jobs are not fulfilling. But they serve a purpose. I just do not understand why people complain so much about work, especially those that make a lot of money.I just do not have these fantasies about being my own boss or quitting my job anymore. That does not seem like a comfortable or liberating event for me. I am not set up to be unemployed.What the f*** are you going to do now?

Don't be a slave.. The world belongs to people who do things.. not people who are told what to do.If people without education in small villages in remote location can make it and live better than most people working for a wage( whether it is 5 or 6 figures)... then if you can't make it with your smarts, wits and side-money.. it's all on you.

Having no ambition is losing.Being fired can happen to anyone, heard of Steven Cohen of SAC Capital recently ?

People are just too afraid to execute because they prefer to be comfortable. One of my bros father was a director in a big firm and got fired. He started a little business and little by little, built one of the biggest business in Morocco (in a totally unrelated field).

If you are not uncomfortable at some point you might lack the drive to move forward.The only difference is that there are people who execute and people who want to execute. And people too scared to execute.

Last edited:
SMH at this foolishness.

Only in America is working at a high-paying job considered a bad thing. I don't care how boring or stifling or stressful a job is. Getting fired is bad, bad, bad.

Most jobs are not fulfilling. But they serve a purpose. I just do not understand why people complain so much about work, especially those that make a lot of money.

I just do not have these fantasies about being my own boss or quitting my job anymore. That does not seem like a comfortable or liberating event for me. I am not set up to be unemployed.

See, that's the difference between me and you. I was NEVER built to work for someone else. EVER. I've had an entrepreneurial mind since I was an 8 year old living in the projects. But society told me I had to go WORK for someone else.

Jobs do serve a purpose. To make someone else's dreams come true.

For me, every single one of my jobs has taught me something valuable, that I'll need in my next phase. I learned exactly what I was supposed to learn from this job, and boy oh boy is the absolute CENTER PIECE of my next phase!

What the fcuk am I going to do now? It never occurred to me to ask myself that question. The question I've been asking myself is WHAT DO I WANT TO DO NOW?!

That's the difference between people who MAKE their dreams come true, and people who MAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S dreams come true.

Trust me. I'm good out here. I ain't got no worries. :)

But I can tell you the first thing I'm going to do...GO SIT MY ASS ON AN ISLAND FOR ABOUT A WEEK!!

It's too long overdue!

Last edited:
Nothing you can do about BEING FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell you can barely prevent yourself from NOT GETTING FIRED.

To quit a job is another thing though.

That's why you save money, right? Just in case some shit happen.

That's why you pay your bills triple and quadruple.....So you don't have to worry about the shit in case some BS happen.

Or you end up like me when I was young. Fired and stressed wondering how I'm going to pay this or that.

Hell...I'm about to work for myself next month. I miss those days.....AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Love going to work.

Call my rant foolish if you want. But none of us here will be there to help Troup out if he hits hard times in between unemployment and successful entrepreneurship. I do not take leaving a job lightly.

That's because you, like most people, put themselves in a position where they NEED a job. That enslaves you to that job. I've NEVER been in that position.

One time, my manager at Circuit City told me "you walk around here like you don't need this job". I looked him square in his eye and said "because I don't".

Then he wrote me up for something or other. lol.

That was about 2 months before I quit, put my focus on getting my degree, and came out making double what they wanted me to quit school for.

And look where Circuit City is now? lol.

If i want another job, I'll get another job, paying more than this one did. Because I've put myself in the position where I can do that, with no problems. I focussed early on my education, and then on building a stellar resume. I got 20 years of experience in IT, and I'm only 36. I've worked for some of the best companies in the world.

The founders of dunnhumby (Edwina Dunn and Clive Humby) quit their jobs, and founded what would in 10 years become a 3/4 BILLION dollar company, in their dining room. Everybody told them they were crazy.

Until it worked.

And that same Edwina Dunn, looked me square in my eye and told me that I was a superstar, and for me to chase my dreams.

And now it's time for me to stop living someone else's dream, and start living my own.

Man, you should have explained your story from the get-go. It sounds as if you have it all figured out. Being able to walk away from a six-figure job and breathe a sigh of relief is a delightful thing.

That begs the question: Why didn't you leave earlier?

Man, you should have explained your story from the get-go. It sounds as if you have it all figured out. Being able to walk away from a six-figure job and breathe a sigh of relief is a delightful thing.

That begs the question: Why didn't you leave earlier?

Troup been talking about quiting his job for the longest....most ppl know his story the parts he shares with the forum

I picked up a second job a month ago and good job too so I can buy home to throw up a studio in and do my thing
go from a dream chaser to a dream catcher is always the goal
blessings to Troup may Yahweh provide all your needs most importantly wisdow!!!!!!

-Coach Antonio

Not to take away from the thread..........but I went into this job bummed out but had my head high. Them weed head junkies used to talk like they had the upper hand on me or something. I was bumming rides. They didn't know I used to run my own business, I used to whoop a multi millionare in chess on the regular and gained some money making knowledge, I was a supervisor for a company which lead me to work for myself, I worked for a guy that was living very good just because of my help and others and what he knew about making relaxing money, on and on. I sat back and watched.....these other suckas were happy to have the job......sheeeeeeeeed....I wanted to do what he was doing...SIT ON HIS ASS AND MAKE MONEY. I'm sitting on them thangz now!! Asked me how I did.........told them it was nothing.....they can do it to...we work at the same place.

Say that to say the shit I've been saying. That weed be holding niggas back. Your buddies be holding back. If you matching a dub everyday and broke for two days waiting on that next check to start all over.....add that up. If you eating McDonalds twice and three times a day add that up. You can have what you want, it just takes time and DISCIPLINE.

But it don't stop there.........more than them thangz on a truck.......is being comfortable. So you got to do what you got to do to be comfortable. And that is finding what makes you comfortable. If smoking weed is that important, then you should let it float in your mind as you see the things that you want and feel you can't have....all because you want to get high.....not relaxed....but super high. Weed heads are worse than a crack fiend. I know people who smoke crack who manage their money better. lol! Something about it that turns people into some stupid shit. You just sit there "stimulating your mind".......just sitting there. Don't want to do shit. IDGAF about any excuse anybody makes to use it. If that's what you want to do then cool. But I've seen and have been myself that Bob Marley type dude. Blunts passed around. Dudes be sounding like idiots. "Man we got blowed last night!!!!" You got blowed the night before to.

Last edited:
SMH at this foolishness.

Tell me your brother hacked your account!

I get it...its pragmatic....same advice my great-uncle always gave me....but highley unsafe since the 1970's. Job's do not equal security in America....SECURITIES(Privately held businesses/real estate/Govt' bonds) do.

Takes money to make money........

Truest thing you need to know.

Fuuck a rap game. Stay with you parents, stack paper, go to school for security not because you have to, keep a set money making system, keep a balance spending habit while you young.......and you can do whatever you like WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG!!!!!

But you would rather be like your dumb ass friends......you big dummy you! I was a big dummy.

Niggas still selling dope.....still living in the same spot........still broke. Why you selling dope for then?

When one door closes, another opens. ~

Awesome! I've wanted an excuse to post this since i first saw it.

2270.jpg

Attachments

• 2270.jpg
    2270.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back