Ginger Jackson & Neo-soul recomendations

The Chosen

yo, check out ginger jackson's new album 'Ghetto Bourgeois'. you can hear audio samples at www.cdbaby.com/gingerjackson. peep songs 'searching' and 'free'. the new antonthy hamilton and goapele album's are also banging. what neo-soul are you all feeling?
peace

The Chosen said:
yo, check out ginger jackson's new album 'Ghetto Bourgeois'. you can hear audio samples at www.cdbaby.com/gingerjackson. peep songs 'searching' and 'free'. the new antonthy hamilton and goapele album's are also banging. what neo-soul are you all feeling?
peace

I'll check it out.
I'm feelin Kaleb Simmonds a Canadian singer(&beatbox) out here on the east coast.

Check the mp3 at

http://goodnightmusics.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=34

This is a good album he recorded when he was younger. I guess he would qualify as neo-soul since he's inspired by the old soul artists (among other stuff) but this album reminds me more of new jack swing since it's soul over hip-hop beats(grimey samples!)

I almost guarantee great things from this guy. Watch for him and you won't be dissapointed.

Last edited:
The Chosen said:
peace

Listening...
waitaminute, this is not just a spam post in disguise is it?

**** it,
anybody want to talk about singers????

i listened to Kaleb's song i dont know why. it was cool. different. i havent heard to much singing over that style of beat before. Akon sings over some straight hip hop ish too. his album is hot. locked up, and ghetto are my joints.
peace

Akon is dope. hes originally from senegal, so he got a fly accent. his single 'locked up' feat. Styles P got a little burn on mtv2. goapele is my girl. shes from oakland. shes got soul, kind of on the actavist tip. shes afiliated with heiro, so her beats are in that vein.
peace

Back