The Game - Doctor's Advocate

Whats with the track kanye did. its track 9, i was not feelin it at all. the samples totally drownded out the lyrics on the song. the "yeah" and "louder" are okay but they shouldent go the whole lenght of the song. Other than that the cd is good. "Why You Hate The Game (Feat. Nas) (Produced By Just Blaze)" is my fav track.

I thought that the Kanye track was bangin...a real good change of pace right smack dab in the middle of the album...

To each his own...

Honestly, after hearing the Just Blaze track first... I was dissappointed with the rest of the production aside from the Kanye joint and that song Da Shlt.

Food and Liquor remains the album of the yr.

j.troup said:
WTF???? THEY SENT THIS ALBUM TO PRESS A FULL MONTH BEFORE IT'S STREET DATE????

This reeks of 50's doing. They know that a high profile release like this will get leaked. This kinda thing NEVER happens on Interscope.

Damn...Akon, Jim Jones and AZ is out too. This is a busy 4th quarter!

I thought the release date was Nov 14th?

edit: OH YEAH THIS ALBUM IS HOT. FINALLY AN ALBUM THAT DOESN'T FOLLOW THE FORMAT!

Jos

Last edited:
DaOriginalBlade said:
Honestly, after hearing the Just Blaze track first... I was dissappointed with the rest of the production aside from the Kanye joint and that song Da Shlt.

Food and Liquor remains the album of the yr.

The mob will label you as a hater because of your statement. You automatically have to support anyone that hates 50 Cent.

"Why You Hate The Game" is my favorite track.

One Blood, Remedy, Doctor's Advocate Wouldn't Get Far, and Ol' English track are what makes this album good.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought The Documentary was a "harder" album. This one feels a little soft to me. In fact there really aren't...like any tracks on this album that I can see becoming an instant classic.

No "This Is How We Do"...although I hated that track anyway.

No "Hate It Or Love It"....best track on The Doc.

No crazy Timbo track...hell even Eminem had a banger on that album.

Nah....I'll stick with The Doc.

Last edited:
barrysanders20 said:
The mob will label you as a hater because of your statement. You automatically have to support anyone that hates 50 Cent.

LOL. I was going to say the same thing. If he wasn't going against 50 and G-Unit, people wouldn't even care. They just hate 50 that much. This album is ok at best. Just like the first album... all beats, no substance. I give it a 6/10. Luda's album is better. If I'm hating, so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it would be a waste of time, I think there oughta be a thread where everyone who has ""hate" against either of these artists just spits it out and be done with it.

Or have we created 200 threads like this already?

I don't hate either of these dudes because I don't know them. All I know is when 50 gets on a track I expect to hear some candy-assed trash or yet another grimey street track where he tries desperately to remind us all that he's still hood....or that he's the real king of NY...which he isn't.

When Game gets on a track I really don't expect much of ANYTHING. But unlike 50, he still throws in a pretty hot line around those 200 name drops. I don't think I've heard him use any ridiculous nympho lines yet though.

OsamaPigLatin said:
Although it would be a waste of time, I think there oughta be a thread where everyone who has ""hate" against either of these artists just spits it out and be done with it.

Or have we created 200 threads like this already?

I don't hate either of these dudes because I don't know them. All I know is when 50 gets on a track I expect to hear some candy-assed trash or yet another grimey street track where he tries desperately to remind us all that he's still hood....or that he's the real king of NY...which he isn't.

When Game gets on a track I really don't expect much of ANYTHING. But unlike 50, he still throws in a pretty hot line around those 200 name drops. I don't think I've heard him use any ridiculous nympho lines yet though.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know either of these artists personally. I could care less what people think "hating" is. If I like it, I do... If I don't like it, I don't. And IMHO "GRODT" is better than both of Game's albums.

If he mentions "even without Dre" one more time, i swear i'm gon toss this damn laptop.

I wonder how Dre is gonna take this album...cuz on one hand he's like "I'm a product of Dre." on the other hand he's like "I DON'T NEED DR. DRE!!!!"

Will be interesting.

Still listening.

Ok...the Just Blaze track Remedy. He used the sample in the EXACT SAME WAY as PE did. And i'm fairly sure NWA used the same sample in the same way. C'mon now.

Is Swizz track SERIOUS?? Wow...:(

One Night...Nottz came with it. I thought this was gon be about some chicks. I like this one.

Jr. Rotem had some hot joints on this one.

50 was right. Game can't write hooks. So he didn't really try. The lack of "proper hooks" gives this album an old school feel. Not in a bad way, but just a throw back to the days when hooks were just scratching, or talking, or something similar.

Still listening...

**edit. Okay, I'm done. Overall, good album. He stuck to his strengths, which were rapping. He only attempted one 50 Cent type hook, and that came off corny. I'm not sure what singles he has on here, but it was kinda refreshing to hear an album that seemingly didn't give any regard to trying to forcibly create singles.

Nice album. I just wonder what we coulda got when we combined Dr Dre's guidance and Game's growth.

Last edited:
So for everyone who has heard it... who's still going to buy it?

I'm predicting only 115k first week for Game. And that's being generous.

JiggSaw said:

I think it will debut at number one. A lot of people are saying that it's going to be a "classic." I'm not buying it.

Jos

Best to last(All production based…I never really listen to lyrics)
1. Why you hate the game(I really want to hear Blaze produce a full album and see what he could come up…Blaze with 1500 or nothing is looking better than Kanye with Brion)
2. Doctor’s Advocate( Really nice work by Rotem…hear a lot of reason sounds in there)
3. Lookin At You(Very nice track…a lot going on doesn’t get crowded though…pretty similar to da ****)
4. One Night(Sounds like it could have been on Chronic 2001 but still sounds original)
5. Da ****(Sounds like a beat I’ve heard on here…I think it might be by Antman)
6. Remedy( Just a Hayes loop that’s been used before…for some reason I still like it though)
7. One Blood(Listening to the album I can understand why it was the first single)
8. Compton(Really like the dark chords in these…Sounds the opening track to a movie or some ****)
9. Let’s Ride( Don’t like the dry piano he chose for the main riff…Strings are nice and full…nice chorus)
10.California Vacation(I can respect the track it's just to West Coastish for my liking)
11.Wouldn’t Get Far(I cannot take the screaming…Can’t even pay attention to the song)
12.Too much(not liking the disco sound…I hope this doesn’t become a trend… probably will though since everyone’s already ripping of the 80s)
13.Around the world(Doesn’t really fit with the album…its not a horrible beat…just not a good one either)
14.Ol English(Never really liked anything hi-tek has done…to depressing and mellow…sounds like elevator music)
15.Bang(There’s really nothing I like about this song…just sucks ass)
16.Scream on em(sounds like something a 3 month producer would make…Swiss has to be the last talented producer in the game…You got Berklee grads like Rotem dumbing down their music and this in the most musical Swiss has got in years…Who the hell wants to hear alarms and annoying ass Screams on a record…You can call me a hater on Swiss I guess but this guy does not deserve to be a producer let alone one of the most famous producers in he game)
Overall I’ll give it a 6.5 out of 10. The Documentary was a 8.5 to me. The Documentary had like 2 bad tracks 11 good ones and 4 great ones(dreams, higher, put you on the game, documentary). Advocate has 6 bad/horrible tracks 8 good ones and 2 greats. Documentary also had singles and Doctors Advocate really has no clear cut singles or hit songs. Prediction: First week sales of 215,000.

Last edited:
y'all said Dreams wasn't a single. I saw them videos on VH-1 Thailand and I was like "holy sh*t". I never even said that before. All I can find is the 4 song leak. I'll wait unit Demonoid rips it. I mean buy it at Sam Goody. Are they still around? Tower is closing.

JiggSaw said:

I'm still coppin...its fire IMO...

And I'm sure he's gonna do more than 115K first week...c'mon bruh...I know you dislike the guy but c'mon...

:D

If you think Game is doing more than Diddy's first week sales (which was 176k), you're crazy. Diddy had crazy promo, hosted on 106 & park for a week, with a #1 video.

Someone put some money on it. Game will not cross 150k in the first week.

edit: Damn I didn't know you just posted. I don't dislike Game like that. He's just overrated. His lyrics hold no weight imo. He's kinda like Fat Joe (not the old Fat Joe) to me. Game has an excellent ear for beats. His punch lines are ehh, his name dropping is wack, hooks are decent. Game's flow is rediculous. That's his best quality. I'll give respect where respect is due.

Back