The Game - Doctor's Advocate

OsamaPigLatin

Anyone listening to this album yet? Haven't had a thorough listen myself, but yeah.....

So what's up with all those cats saying Game couldn't do it without 50?

:) Sounds like a pretty damn good album so far.

Last edited:
yeah just got my copy 2nite so far Im on track 13 and so far i have to admit it this album overall is pretty damn good. I dont know if it was the low expectation or something but this is a very good album on 1st listen. Once you get past him jacking dre's whole flow, vocal tone and cadence dude is really trying to sound like dre (not on every song but a good portion) i mean he fooled me on the first song I thought damn dre is on the album rappin then i realized it was game lol.Production is on point for the most part so far, usual lyrical content from game wasnt expecting much in that department but overall very well put together gotta listen it some more to give a final opinon

Hotness.

Only a couple tracks I think are average..rest is up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's real dope...
I noticed the mixing, an everything is a lil different on One Blood on the actual album, than on the old Radio version, but it's all good...

Also Game has matured, he will mos def turn no heads lyrically, but metaphorically, an lyrically he has improved SIGNIFICANTLY... Sure, he still says 64 Impala, an Compton like Mike Jones repeats his name, but you will see what I mean once you check it out.
Also his voice has changed, it's more deep, less gruff, an more smooth, and his flow is better by an unmeasurable amount.
The Production is very similar to The first one, but more varied, an actually I think better... Also The Will.I.Am track is the best beat so far, and sound's like an early NYC beat meets a modern west beat... DOPENESS, Dre meets old Rza! It also samples "Real Mothafucckin G's"

I'm gonna state the obvious...it's not better than the Documentary.

But it's still a good album. Some of the tracks reminded me of maybe 3 bull tracks on his first album. That smoothed out trash that should never have been on here.....especially the track with Jamie Foxx.

OsamaPigLatin said:
I'm gonna state the obvious...it's not better than the Documentary.

But it's still a good album. Some of the tracks reminded me of maybe 3 bull tracks on his first album. That smoothed out trash that should never have been on here.....especially the track with Jamie Foxx.
I personally think it's way better. His flow is 10 times better, so is his voice, an lyrics.

I actually voted gold, but I got to thinking a little bit about things after i voted. Game has been on Atlanta radio doing interviews 2 or 3 times in the last couple weeks alone. Gold is as much as you can expect these days really, platinum is pretty much reserved for the industry heavy hitters. If Game had dropped his album 6 or 8 months ago, I would say he would have gone multiplat. At this point, Ill say gold out the gate, and plat over the long haul, mostly based on promotion and guest spots he is doing all over the country. If he has shown up in ATL a few times in a couple weeks, I know dude is travelling all over pretty heavy pushing his ****. Im not a fan, but I do hope he does well. Anything to knock Yin Yang and DJ Unk and the rest of that trash out of the limelight.

"Lookin at You" is a huge sounding track. Sounds like a dre track bigtime. Troup will like this one.

"One Blood" is bad(meaning good). WOuld that be considered a street single?

That "gansta boogie" refrain on the will i am produced "Compton" makes me cringe.

I like how Game adopts a real old school flow on "Remedy". Song sounds straight outta '91. Cool idea.

"Let's ride" rocks. What a great beat. THat breezyness sounds so fresh. Storch got it.

Holy, J.R. Rotem killed it on "California Vacation". I like how he iterpolated the begining of that whistle melody from that snoop album (what song is that from) but makes a totally new song. In the chorus when the woman's voice comes in! wow. dope dope dope.
Favorite beat off the album right now. Can't say enough about it.

Last edited:
that line about hoopz and melyssa ford had me dying laughin on that kanye track

most of these tracks are obviously done during his time in Aftermath so in a way Game most def didn't do these alone. that name dropping gets REALLY boring.

I have'nt heard one bad thing about the album.....I'm have to pick it up once it hits stores.....I got the documentary....and it was a bit more than average.....remember I said "a bit"......westside story sucked though........lol

It's more street than his first album. I think it's better and judging from how many attention this album is getting I think it will do good, I know I'm gonna pre-order it and so should every hiphop head whose against "Candy Shop" singles.

I do think that the album sounds a little outdated on the beats it's like any of these beats couldve been on Dre's last album and wouldve fit in just fine.

I am feeling this album, all the game haters are gonna eat their words.

He sounds like a young dre on most tracks, props to blaze his beats sounded nicer thans storch's, but the track with busta is a winner.

Im on track 5 now that compton beat was good then remedy came on and i was like just blaze produced this it sounded to west coast didnt think just could do that.

p.s In the remedy song is the bass line playing in the background a sample from one of dj quik songs??

oh yeah im not really likin scott storchs beats.

Last edited:
WTF???? THEY SENT THIS ALBUM TO PRESS A FULL MONTH BEFORE IT'S STREET DATE????

This reeks of 50's doing. They know that a high profile release like this will get leaked. This kinda thing NEVER happens on Interscope.

Damn...Akon, Jim Jones and AZ is out too. This is a busy 4th quarter!

Last edited:
j.troup said:
WTF???? THEY SENT THIS ALBUM TO PRESS A FULL MONTH BEFORE IT'S STREET DATE????

This reeks of 50's doing. They know that a high profile release like this will get leaked. This kinda thing NEVER happens on Interscope.

Damn...Akon, Jim Jones and AZ is out too. This is a busy 4th quarter!

When is jay-z comming out??maybe it has something to do with his album.

I actually think this is a better all around album than The Documentary, just after the first couple of listens, you could hear how much Game has progressed as an Emcee, and as an artist as a whole. Game showed much more vunerability than he did on The Documentary, and I think people can appreciate and relate to that...and I think thats one of the big things missing in rap as a whole right now...everyone is Superman, and no one is showing really a more unsustaining side in rap @ the moment.

The production was top notch, and had much more of a West Coast feel than The Documentary IMO...

Will post more later, when I get a chance to really listen track by track..

But so far, this album is exceeding my expectations of it...

Nottz and Hi-Tek really stole the show productionwise so far...those two tracks are the standout tracks to me...

Be back later with more...

Back