Game Changers... Who are they?

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
I don't think the game has been changed that many times... I'm going to say less than 5 times...

I'm knocking off two right now...

Timbaland
Shawty Redd

I can't discuss much, just trying to get the ball rolling if anybody wants to talk about this "game changing" thing.

... RnB can be included too... so to shoot you in the foot I'll say...

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis
Teddy Riley

Last edited:
Soulja Boy lol but yeah he did change the game remember all them crank that songs. Crank that batman, spiderman, roosevelt, pikachu, ect. Banglaedish with Amillie, Lex luger with B.M.F

Last edited:
JR Rotem ?

... expound.

... and didn't B. Cox just take what was already there and add a hi hat?

J Rotem. Started the classical influence in R & B. Check the album of Destiny's child, Survivor.

If you are an RnB fan, B Cox' sound was dominant in last 8 years or so.

Neptunes changed the game showing that no matter how wack a beat is, a dope song on it can save it

I agree with Lil Jon.

Neptunes did start an influx of wackness but nobody carried on their sound... it was unique to them.

I agree with Lil Jon because his sound was the precursor to Trap. Trap is slowed down Crunk.

Lil Jon changed everything and made people look at party music ... and made people look at the South a little more than they were. Lil Jon is a game changer.

Maybe I should scrap Shawty Redd and insert Lil Jon... Lil Jon begat Trap

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Babyface....

The man wrote and produced a lot of hits.

When I say game changer it means... everybody tries to do a knock off of your sound.

BarrettJ is right about Lex, he didn't change the game as far as his sound goes but he sure elevated it.

Seems he's run out of "tricks" though. 1/2 of Ross's whole mixtape sounds like his stuff.

Naw lil jon started crunk which came from 36mafia's buck music with the whole repetitive chants and hooks. Trap came from shawty redd with jeezy and gucci talking about selling coke "trapping" over scary beats

Naw lil jon started crunk which came from 36mafia's buck music with the whole repetitive chants and hooks. Trap came from shawty redd with jeezy and gucci talking about selling coke "trapping" over scary beats

Oh, I forgot about TEAR DA CLUB UP. You right.

I stand corrected.

We won't make it past 5 game changers in Hip Hop.

RnB has had NONE since 1995.

Last edited:
Dammit.... Kanye did change the game - kinda but only for like a summer or two, lol.

Everybody beats got "different" after Kanye came out.

Man, y'all should've been on FP around the time Through The Wire came out.... Kanye should've campaigned for his run to get into The Bible then... he would be on the first page.

It would say Kanye Created Earth in a few hours and on the seventh day he rested

Last edited:
That's sad....

Man... how about Tricky Stewart? A lot of The Dream Type music going around.

... I don't know if that "changed" everybody else though...

That gets a pass for bringing in the most sappy crap ever. Those songs are the reason dudes were skinny jeans.

Los with the flanger and phasor drums expecially after j holiday's bed came out.

... still, I don't know if everybody else jumped on that, I don't hear it much now.

I guess the style has to have a WIDE influence to say they changed anything.

Like look a Timbaland, EVERYBODY AND THEY MOMMA had those drum patterns ... from Missy to Magoo to Silk to Levert to ... anything that was out. Then after the drums were over - the quirkiness of his music kind of stayed and is still there...

Lil Jon with the synths... loud synthy arps... still around...

Last edited:
Back