FP Fam: Post your Bandcamp sites

This bandcamp thing looks interesting. I probably will put up my mixtape up on there when it is complete. Are there any fees to put your music on this site.

Any pros/cons to this site?

This bandcamp thing looks interesting. I probably will put up my mixtape up on there when it is complete. Are there any fees to put your music on this site.

Any pros/cons to this site?

no fees just make sure you have a high quality version of the mixtape meaning no mp3s just wavs, aiffs, etc.

pros is that its another way to get ur music out, its pretty high-quality, way better than any other site besides datpiff atleast and you can see how many people listen to your music and skip your music. you can also sell music right off the site. embed players are also available to put on your blog or myspace. since it isn't mp3s people will be able to download your music at whatever quality whether 192 kbps or 128 or 320. also no limit of how much music you can put up that i know of.

cons this may also be a pro but its only music. no silly blogging, no friends list crap no messaging and chatting and all that nonsense. wish there was a better way to search for artists too like by zipcode their might be but i can't find it. you can only search by tags i believe.

Last edited:
One_Time_at_Band_Camp.jpg

no fees just make sure you have a high quality version of the mixtape meaning no mp3s just wavs, aiffs, etc.

pros is that its another way to get ur music out, its pretty high-quality, way better than any other site besides datpiff atleast and you can see how many people listen to your music and skip your music. you can also sell music right off the site. embed players are also available to put on your blog or myspace. since it isn't mp3s people will be able to download your music at whatever quality whether 192 kbps or 128 or 320. also no limit of how much music you can put up that i know of.

cons this may also be a pro but its only music. no silly blogging, no friends list crap no messaging and chatting and all that nonsense. wish there was a better way to search for artists too like by zipcode their might be but i can't find it. you can only search by tags i believe.

thanks for the info homie! I am def joining.

wish there was a better way to search for artists too like by zipcode their might be but i can't find it. you can only search by tags i believe.

i was just on their site and as of Feb. 11th 2010:

Starting today, you can specify your genre and location, and tag up your tracks and albums with relevant keywords, and fans can browse all the music on Bandcamp by those attributes.

Note that location is geocoded, meaning every artist on Bandcamp will have a real location. Stuff like “Mars,” “stepdad’s garage,” “back of beyond,” and “the ionosphere” is fun and all, but only puts you at a disadvantage in terms of fan discovery. So here you enter your city, state, province or country (even misspellings are AOK), and we map that to a discrete, browsable location.

Back