FL Studio: A Staple in Hip Hop???

I used to be a Acid Pro freak ..but so in love with FL Studio since last summer just fell back in love with it again like I was in 2004
and music in general

reading song lyrics on my phone learning how to write praise and worship songs
man I am so hyped right now about music and producing

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
When you think of FL studio what genre comes to mind...?

I think it depends on when you started doing music. Originally, FL was absolutely made to target Trance/Jungle/House/Electronic(remember those "genres"?) musicians. To this day I don't think there are many hip hop demos within the program unless something changed with the last couple releases.

When i jumped into FL(3) the main question I remember asking was "can I do hip hop in this thing?" Figured out in seconds I could. My, how times have changed.

I think it depends on when you started doing music. Originally, FL was absolutely made to target Trance/Jungle/House/Electronic(remember those "genres"?) musicians. To this day I don't think there are many hip hop demos within the program unless something changed with the last couple releases.

When i jumped into FL(3) the main question I remember asking was "can I do hip hop in this thing?" Figured out in seconds I could. My, how times have changed.

There's a shit load of Hip Hop tutorials on youtube for fl. But there's a lot more edm. But that's with D.A.W.'s in general

Man ya'll ain't on the level. FL the daw for the people, and that's mainly because its so easy to crack and everybody has a copy.

I tripped when I saw this vid in the NY Times earlier this year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/w...s-musical-revolution.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Basically the article is about how cats in Egypt started creating new music during the Arab Spring.

But here's the kicker the video they show has a cat using FL to make beats (its shown around 1:43).

I saw that and I was like another round goes to FL (i don't use FL anymore, but I started with it).

Man ya'll ain't on the level. FL the daw for the people, and that's mainly because its so easy to crack and everybody has a copy.

I tripped when I saw this vid in the NY Times earlier this year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/w...s-musical-revolution.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Basically the article is about how cats in Egypt started creating new music during the Arab Spring.

But here's the kicker the video they show has a cat using FL to make beats (its shown around 1:43).

I saw that and I was like another round goes to FL (i don't use FL anymore, but I started with it).

what do you use now???

-Coach Antonio

Fl is the modern equivalent to the SP 1200 in the 90s. Everyone has it. Everyone is making bangers on it.

I have the tablet version of FL Studio. I remember when people used to make fun of it but then they realized that it didn't make any sound on it's own and it started to look silly to make fun of it.

If you use Reaktor in FL Studio... is it any different from using Reaktor in LIVE or Cubase... isn't it still Reaktor?

If you download a drumkit and use the drums in FL Studio... do the drums sound any different in Presonus One?

No.... FL Studio is a host... just like the other hosts... the vst's / samples don't change.

I have the tablet version of FL Studio. I remember when people used to make fun of it but then they realized that it didn't make any sound on it's own and it started to look silly to make fun of it.

If you use Reaktor in FL Studio... is it any different from using Reaktor in LIVE or Cubase... isn't it still Reaktor?

If you download a drumkit and use the drums in FL Studio... do the drums sound any different in Presonus One?

No.... FL Studio is a host... just like the other hosts... the vst's / samples don't change.

EXACTLY.

I think people just wanted to make fun of it because "FRUITY" is in the name "FRUITY LOOPS STUDIO", and fruity means gay, and gay is bad and is constantly made fun of in history, so why not make fun of those who use a daw with "fruity" in it.

If fruity was never used as the name, there would've probably been less ridicule of the program.

Back