Fired my manager today lol (never intrust your music to lazy ppl)

Mathewsjr02

Anyone interested in taking the job as a manager I'll pay you XXXX amount of dollars per month. I'm going to be busy running my truck company for a little bit, but I'll still have time to network.

anyways tore up the contract that I was supposed to sign with this so-called manager. This manager has been sitting on my beats and songs taking advice from people (OGs) who don't know the game. I make RnB and pop tracks (and hiphop) and they're telling this manager it has to be on some old school new edition **** because that what they make getting no placements and this person ended up loosing faith based on someone elses opinions. Like this person has connections to everyone, but they don't feel the music of the people they have connections to... they hate polow the dons ****, they hate timbalands new stuff, they don't like jeezy... or keri hilson, so why do you have these connections if your not a musican or your not utilizing them... so this person is just a groupie as far as I'm concerned lol.

It's a new era, and you won't know if people like your stuff or not unless you let them hear it, so this whole time I've been thinking my stuff has been shopped around when it really hasn't. I hate when people say you shouldn't try to work with everyone or you have to come out this way or that way, acting like your a damn artist or some ****, you do what you have to do.

I recently got connected with someone who's allowing me to submit reference tracks to Dr.Dre's Detox... I told this so-called manager about it, and their reply was " don't do it Dr.Dre is going to steal your songs, you can't be so quick to sell yourself" I replied "***** where the **** are we right now?" took the contract tore it up... it's just wasting time.

I'd rather manage myself and sell and market myself at the bottom than just wait around for a legit person that doesn't have faith.

anyways this person has ties to...

(EDIT)
I mean tons of rappers who aren't gonna wack 90s g-funk ****.
and a bunch of RnB artist and producers I won't name (that this person doesn't feel because they don't make 90s **** which isn't gonna sell)

(and this person doesn't like anything new, and doubts everything and every connection, they don't have faith in anything) so I had to bounce

I shouldn't even been posting this on the forum, but oh well...

even this persons people asked what's taking this person so long to show me to people... but so far I've been showing myself and doing a good job at it.

Anyways wussup Zell we doin big things this year.

Anyone interested in taking the job as a manager I'll pay you XXXX amount of dollars per month.

Last edited:
if the beats on your myspace page are any indication of your potential...

then maybe they're not the ones that really lost here?? ....i think u need to link up with someone who really has connection and can do you a FAVOR.....cuz the sound doesnt speak for itself..

soemtimes its hard to take what someone says...but wuzup with that synthesized "read fake"...guitar on that joint adam and eve....??

dopemcee said:
if the beats on your myspace page are any indication of your potential...

then maybe they're not the ones that really lost here?? ....i think u need to link up with someone who really has connection and can do you a FAVOR.....cuz the sound doesnt speak for itself..

soemtimes its hard to take what someone says...but wuzup with that synthesized "read fake"...guitar on that joint adam and eve....??

that's just your personal prefrence as far as beats are concerened, that doesn't mean the music doesn't speak for it'self because I do have talent, and many here would disagree with your opinions. When someone think polow and timbaland are wack and still think you can sell 2 million copies with 90s boombap or G-funk who's really lost? They don't even like The Games or Jay-z or any of the people who are still making dope ****.

That's like someone asking you to submit beats to soljia boi, but you do some **** that would fit souljia boys swag or make a hit, but they won't submit it because it's not what they like (acting like soljia boi would buy some 90s west coast sherm beats) I mean you never know but I don't see something like that happening...

and I am pretty versitile, I make everything from west coast to Pop/RnB... but it must bounce in this era.

it's a new era and a new swag... if that's the case I would be making 90s boombap for underground artist who want to keep that sound alive, which I have before...

but Beyonce wouldn't be rockin RZA's ****...

either way I'm doing koo just doing me, and will get into the doors weather I'm doing RnB or making music for rappers only. It's only OGs who've been outside the game making no money with no connections that diss my music or say it should sound like this...

How they gon diss polow and timbaland and expect me to take advise from them?

Last edited:
real talk... I'd never go looking for management pimping.... especially as a music producer because you dont need management to speak to labels or artist... I just signed a deal w/ mgr and that was only because dude waas calling me everyday & had connects w/ peep that wanted me to do work on a few major artist albums....

before I was sending this A&R like 50beats a week and he finally gave in after I hit him w/ 20 joints he considered bangers... but from jump he wanted to sign me... he even let me write out the term lol

i got connects. lloyd is one i can name off the top who does rnb. trey songz is another. i got a lot of connects down soouth. im managing this kat www.myspace.com/macadononline at the moment. his promo will begin in a month or 2. im a bit busy setting up our new studio now untill early october. if you think i can be of service to you then hit me

trust me when your making moves in all areas .... the right mgr will find you..... you should never pay a mgr no upfront cash PERIOD.... at most 20% in the beginning of your term and it should reduce as soon as you start making dough then if you decide to terminate him, he should get like half of the percent of what he brought to the table (and not what you have going on in the future w/o him)

if your an artist go for "album cycles" aas far as the term goes like how Usher and alot of major cats do just in case you put out a crappy project w/ that crappy mgr........ AND ALWAY HAVE THE "POWER OF ATTORNEY" sign ya own checks and approve your stuff

no mgr should get any part of your publishing!!!!!!

Whaddup lil bro? And STOP putting your business out like that, LOL. You and I both know your music is crazy though (the stuff that you don't post on myspace haha), and we've talked about a lot of stuff. Just lay low for now though and keep making your moves. I feel honestly it won't be too long from now.

yea.. management is hard to come by..

Zell gettin his shoutouts in early this month haha!

LOL yeah famz...crazy, we need to keep this heat coming though. I'm talking at least 5 complete hot! songs a week, w/ lyrics and reference...heh.

Back