A few Open labs Miko questions answered...Mimik too!

cool good looking...Hope they go in detail more than the openlabs

Really want to get one of these babies

i rang the biggest audio store in my area to get prices on the open labs stuff...the guy told me theyre all bullshi-t.....theyre basically a computer and id be better off getting a mac with software that could record synth in real time anywayz...basically bagged it out the whole time,saying anyone who buy one is a fool and that all the functions are better availabe with a mac,software and a midi controller....but im always hesitant listening to people who work in those stores....they just hustling like everyone else....if they cant get a good price on something they talk shi-t about it so they can sell u something else....i dunno man,its hard for me too coz u can only order them online so i cant even test one out first.......who knows!!!

EMAG-A said:
i rang the biggest audio store in my area to get prices on the open labs stuff...the guy told me theyre all bullshi-t.....theyre basically a computer and id be better off getting a mac with software that could record synth in real time anywayz...basically bagged it out the whole time,saying anyone who buy one is a fool and that all the functions are better availabe with a mac,software and a midi controller....but im always hesitant listening to people who work in those stores....they just hustling like everyone else....if they cant get a good price on something they talk shi-t about it so they can sell u something else....i dunno man,its hard for me too coz u can only order them online so i cant even test one out first.......who knows!!!

where do you live at? If dude tells you to just get a laptop and a midi controller again, ask to hear his beats..lol. naw but 4 real, dont let anyone who's never touched one tell you not to get one, and dont let me tell you to get one (even tho you should) i guess it'd all be personal preference. Miko LX + Mimik + Kontakt+ Portability = endless music making possibilities..oh and you CAN tweak synths using Mimik to clone say..an Andromeda, and playing the samples back in Kontakt 2, you can tweak the sound, do all kind of stuff to it. You wont regret gettin one bruh.

i wont regret gettin one.. its just da price..

hopefully one falls off a truck so i could pick it up..

the miko looks cool. i'd get one if i had the money. i'd consider coping the timbo one cus of the extra stuff and it looks cool. thank god it doesn't have timbos name cus i wouldn't get it cuz it would make me look like such a tool.

i aint listening to that guy...like i said they tryin to sell me shi-t they gona make more money on...i aint stupid....i trust u sleep more then i trust that fool....one of my boys is gona order one in the next couple months so then ill be able to check it out anyways and decide what im gona do....for now though i think im gona grab an x6,or atleast an xr....

EMAG-A said:
i aint listening to that guy...like i said they tryin to sell me shi-t they gona make more money on...i aint stupid....i trust u sleep more then i trust that fool....one of my boys is gona order one in the next couple months so then ill be able to check it out anyways and decide what im gona do....for now though i think im gona grab an x6,or atleast an xr....

I might be slangin my XR its practically new..not sure just yet though I'll keep you posted if interested.

Naw it doesn't come with sampletank or kontakt, but it does come ready to produce out the box. Comes with 25gb of sounds

cant wait to receive the miko,

When you open Karsyn, do the sounds automatically layer...For Ex.
lets say u midi with mpc 2000 you have drums on track 1 and want synth from miko on track 2, next on 3 you want organ - do the sounds layer, or will they play seperate melodies you have recorded?

finally got the miko and now i'm frustrated, somethings wrong with the Cubase settings, so i'm trying to record and it doesnt allow over 3 midi tracks, Somethings gotts give

yo this ya boi Va. yo i have one and you will not get the tech support that you get with the miko anywhere else. i had a problem with my miko a few months ago and the guy hoped on from his office fixed it like that. you will not find anything with all the software that comes on this thing you will pay $3k just for the software if you buy one at a time for a pc. or laptop. you have a interface on it already you have 4 inputs that can records at the same time. for a console like that you will pay $1300 just the board. so the it like this you get what you pay for it and the miko is not just a computer. you have people who use it to play live with.

That is what I call a class A idiot, he would make more money selling you that. I have a Miko been producing professionally for years and that is the best purchase I ever made for anything including a old SSL console and Vintage Minimoog...it's a beast
:bat:

Mr. CLIK:

I say do what works for you.

But I will say this, OL is making a killing off of ppl with the hardware they are using, seriously. Someone not computer inclined thinks its great for the price, but you can basically build the exact, and I mean, exact pc for (to cheap 2 say lol) (minus the non-automated faders, and dj knobs, and midi pads, and keys), but it would be less than $2000.

I think ppl buy it primarily 4 (3) reasons:

- All in 1 solution
- Optimized OS for Audio production
- Sounds?!? (Most of them are LEGALLY free online (No Lie))

But I had the chance to completely test it out, and I wasnt impressed IMO. By the amount of vsts it handled, yes, it was great, but I felt that its lacking alot to say you spend $5000+ another $600-800 for a case. For example, its using cheap HD's to run PT, and on top of that, you have to still buy a pt interface +($150-400 at least), or buy the flagship model just to have pt integrated (I might be wrong, I think you still have to buy the pt software, i think it just comes with the delta interface). Plus the warranty is almost $700? WTF

$5500 for an LX Neko
$200 for interface (You know 90% of ppl will want pro tools on )
$ $700 for case
$ $700 for warranty

Total= Around $7100 -minus the insurance you'll be paying if take pride and care for this instrument and minus the taxes on the gear if you don't run a biz.

Thats just my opinion. I'm not going to bash this and that, but that is the complete honest truth about the machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back