Feminine male rappers is it a problem?

MuhalXtra1387

If you guys know who lil uzi is, even if you don't just know he's a rapper, there is a photo of wearing very feminine clothing this is the photo

Do you guys think its a problem or show people just let him do his thing?

Lil-Uzi-Vert-photo.jpg

It only will confuse those who are either questioning themselves as far as gender or be seen as another rapper trend hopping as Young Thug presented himself in a similar fashion upon his debut. This is the confused generation unlike the 90s when male rappers knew how they identified, though the early 00s introduced the homo thug in Hip Hop.

This is problematic because it sends a message to impressionable tweens, teens and/or twenty somethings and equally problematic was/is hypermasculinity which segues into homoeroticism.

Last edited:
yea when I listen to music I typically don't wonder to myself what that person dresses like...usually creative people are weird...I'm weird...eff it I don't judge

Last edited:
Doesn't matter at all and shouldn't matter. Artists are artists; they express themselves in whatever ways they feel are appropriate, whether it be wearing strange choices of clothing or painting their faces or whatever. Look at David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Lady Gaga and on the opposite end of the spectrum, look at Young M.A. If the music is good then nobody should really care at all how they look or present themselves. Music and fashion are entirely subjective, what's dope to one person may be dog sh*t to the next. People getting up in arms over what Uzi wears are just silly and I feel like they're likely somewhat insecure.

I think most of you are missing the sub-conscious point this is making. Artists are also "salesmen" - none of this is done by accident and I highly doubt the artists came up with these ideas to be feminine on their own. If they did, then why do the feminine rappers seem to be the ones marketed extra hard?

This may be one of the ways to express yourself. It is possible to create a new image or the introduction of a new fashion. Or really just advertising brands. I agree with xnvb: if the music is good, then no one should worry about how the artists look or present themselves. I, for example, constantly wear leggings and sometimes look disapprovingly at me, but I’m comfortable with those clothes and wouldn’t trade for anything else.

Last edited:
Back