favourite times of rap/hiphop?

B

bigdogg_2001_sam

heyy all
do u all remember when 112 and mase were still with bad boy and bad boy was at its peek in da hiphop game?
that was my favourite time of rap/hiphop
what was your favourit of rap/hiphop?

The 1990-94 era was the golden age of hip hop in my humble opinion, with such crews as De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, The Pharcyde, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and The Goats doing their best material.

i moved this thread ot "HipHop music and culture"
this is a good example of a thread that fits really well in a forum "hiphop culture" but is mistakenly posted in another forum "everyday chat" This is why the announcement is posted... Please guys, try to post in the right forums.

Good thread by the way :)

My favourite is the album "L'ecole du micro d'argent" by IAM (french band) from 95 or 96. The lyrics are great, the music is great, and they don't act like bad boys actually. And .. this is what I liked.

Around the time when the fugees got big. That album was the shizzel. And Nas's joint was tight. A whole lotta shizzle was off the hizzle then.

hhmm....

I went through alittle bone thugs and eazy-e stage....I quite like their stuff....I guess 96-97 were great for me....BIG, Tupac, Bone....thats all I needed....but I'd have to say i'm really liking whats coming out now....I got tired of gangsta rap....

Freestyle Fellowship, with Aceyalone was the dopest. Aceyalone is the best lyricist there is and no one can argue that. If you dont know who he is, catch up on your hiphop.

sorry mano

the song i like mosed of the early rap/hiphop was im pretyy sure u all know it it was made b4 i was born it went sumthin like this

"you down wit o.p.p.
YA YOU KNOW ME!!!"

ya i knew yall knew that song

oh yeah....

....nobody still knows what that last p stands for huh?....the mystery lives on....

....noboday move noboday get hurt....
....she got that killa p***y, killa p***y, killa p***y....
....its daaaa thuggish ruggish bonoooooone....

i dont even know wat the oo or p or the other p stands for
sum 1 fill me in pleez

All the clues you need are in the rap, OPP stands for other people's property, other people's p word for cat, and other people's p word for a man's organ (neither hammond or moog).

Early 90's to 97
Tribe called quest
Blacksheep,Gangstarr,Brand Nubian
naughty by nature,Kris Kross,House of pain
Fuc$@#% MC Hammer, Lords of the underground
Grand puba,De La Soul DR.Dre,Snoop whole
Death Row, Tupac,Big all that good ****
So much Good stuff

back in the day

best times for me was when i 'eard DAS EFX/EPMD/PUBLIC EM/GANG STARR/REDMAN (when he was 1st with EPMD)/BIG DADDY KANE/KOOL G RAP just to name a few .
when these people came on the scene i couldn't believe it, it was all about skills not videos.

1993 - 1997

thats my favorite hip hop era. puffy and no limit flooded the market with CRAP shortly after and i havent like much hip hop since then.:mad:

those were the days

no doubt!!...those were the days, you 'ave to do a lot of underground searching noe for decent stuff...ova 'ere a lot of "hip hop" artists got straight into the top20 pop chart..whats that all about???
at the mo'...it's MIssy Ell/Snoop dog/Ja rule
ohh well...they're getting paid i suppose??

Got to my best times

:eek:

\When i first started listening to hip hop 1990 - 1995

Artists like Dr. Ice, Ice T, X Clan, Public Enemy, Monie Lov, Digital Underground, NWA, Capital Punishment, Inteligent Hodlem, BDP, London Posse, Blade, MC Duke, Slick Rick, Bid Daddy, and the list goes on and on.

bring them day's back.

Last edited by a moderator:
bak in the day when i was a teenager

yea son...it seemed a lot fresher back then, it wasn't so media-friendly, a lot more underground and for the like-minded...now ya got Dre/MIssy/Jay-z etc all on "top of the pops"...what the fuk???
i 'member when i seen Ice t/Gang starr/Hi-Jack at the Brixton A....all the rest just rocked over their beats on mini-disc or whatever...premier came on there with his crate and kicked it...."two turntables and i microphone"....thats what hip-hop is nothing else..raw dj skills & emcee talent...not fancy studio tricks.

the best time was when 2pac and Death Row ruled the game....after Pac "died", Bad Boy and Puffy took over for a while...People don't like 2 give him credit, but if it wasn't for DMX, we'd still b in that pop/rap crap like WIll Smith type stuff mayn

much luv

i got much luv for you Clark but DMX can't rap for sh.t!!!!!
mothafuka needs to join gun & roses with all that shouting...hahaha.
he's making movies now anyway...so more power to him

peace:)

Back