Exactly which tracks did Scott Storch "Ghost Produce" For Dre? Answer: NONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BirminghamBeatz

Exactly which tracks did Scott Storch Ghost Produce For Dre? Answer: NONE!

Everytime I browse FP...or any hip-hop production forum...I always hear about how Dr. Dre is such a lazy talentless hack...how he doesnt even make his own beats...how he has a million ghost producers...and how he supposedly had Scott Storch sign a multi million dollar confidentiality contract where he can never reveal that he ghost produced In Da Club lol.

So yesterday...I finally bought 2001. First thing I did was look in the booklet...

For almost EVERY song, Scott is credited for Keyboards right along with Mel-Man. And for a few, theres even a Produced By Dr. Dre and Scott Storch.

on one of the pages in the booklet, theres even a snap of Scott hitting the Bong!!! So much for being a ghost :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just that, he doesn't play them himself, so some feal they can discredit him for that.

BirminghamBeatz said:
Everytime I browse FP...or any hip-hop production forum...I always hear about how Dr. Dre is such a lazy talentless hack...how he doesn't even make his own beats...how he has a million ghost producers...and how he supposedly had Scott Storch sign a multi million dollar confidentiality contract where he can never reveal that he ghost produced "In Da Club" lol.

So yesterday...I finally bought 2001. First thing I did was look in the booklet...

For almost EVERY song, Scott is credited for "Keyboards" right along with Mel-Man. And for a few, there's even a "Produced By Dr. Dre and Scott Storch".

on one of the pages in the booklet, there's even a snap of Scott hitting the Bong!!! So much for being a "ghost" :rolleyes:

Thoughts? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something...?

did you REALLY sign up JUST TO SAY THAT?

damn you dudes from the UK...i don't know wtf is wrong with y'all.

Storch came up with the melody lines for In Da Club. Dre did the drums.

Storch said that himself, and has said that himself in MULTIPLE interviews.

Take this sh*t on somewhere please.

oh yeah, and welcome to FP.

j.troup said:

I said this to a couple of posters awhile back in another Dre/ Storch thread and everyone said I was lying.

See the thing is anyone can make a beat but a producer has to really put it d0wN lYk3 D4T! And the thing is where can I get those Neptune sounds?

PS

where kan i get instrument professienel like Snoop uze?

BIGMOZ said:
See the thing is anyone can make a beat but a producer has to really put it d0wN lYk3 D4T! And the thing is where can I get those Neptune sounds?

PS

where kan i get instrument professienel like Snoop uze?

trouble maker to the nth degree. i swear it's always the cats that know that NOBODY want it with them in a beat battle that come in with the memorable quotes. lol.

moz, you must write i will not disturb the natives 100 times.

and NO copy pasting!!!! :mad:

j.troup said:

did you REALLY sign up JUST TO SAY THAT?

damn you dudes from the UK...i don't know wtf is wrong with y'all.

Take this sh*t on somewhere please.

oh yeah, and welcome to FP.

Mike Elizondo did in da club

j.troup said:

LOL.

You just came up with that out of your ass, just like half of the rumours about Dre. Its people like you that act like they know everything, and spread false bullsh*t, that this post is directed to.

Storch had NOTHING to do with In Da Club. That was all Elizondo and Dre.

Straight from the Get Rich Or die Trying Album booklet:
Vocal Production:Dr. Dre
Guitar:Mike Elizondo
Bass:Mike Elizondo
Keyboards:Mike Elizondo
Drum Programming:Dr. Dre

Following the tremendous success of The Eminem Show album (which he co-wrote four songs, including the hit “Business”), Elizondo & Dr. Dre focused on writing with 50 Cent, who had signed a co-venture deal with Eminem’s Shady Records and Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records. The duo co-wrote four songs for his Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ album, including the breakthrough hit, “In Da Club.”

“[Dre & I] actually wrote the track six months before, but the artist we were working on at the time passed on it,” recalled Elizondo. “But we felt strongly about the track, so we stashed it away until we played it for 50 (Cent). He loved it, and he fiercely started writing the lyrics. About an hour later, 50 had written the entire lyric. He came back in the room and started singing (the now famous intro) ‘Go Shorty, it’s your birthday, we’re gonna party like, it’s your birthday’.”

After Get Rich Or Die Tryin’, Elizondo & Dr. Dre worked on other artist projects, including Mary J. Blige (the hit “Not Today” (featuring Eve), which also appeared on the Barbershop 2 soundtrack album), Busta Rhymes, and Aftermath artist The Game (the single “Higha”). Separately. Elizondo collaborated with Macy Gray on two projects: a song for the 2004 Summer Olympics, and the theme song for the NBC-TV series, Miss Match. He also wrote a song with Doyle Bramhall, which Eric Clapton has recorded for his upcoming album.
Storch never did any tracks for 50, until the G-Unit album, with Poppin Them Thangs.

Nice try though. ;)

loh90 said:
read my f*cking post hater.
http://www.dirtysouthbeatz.com/Scott Storch - MTV Interview (Sway).wmv
^^^ scott storch says he did dre piano and a bunch of other sh*t.

all youre trying to do is prove people wrong, thats it, you dont even care to get your question answered. you asked if u misunderstood something, and everybody explaining to you, and you just come back and slap em in the face.
WTF are you talking about? Calm down, man.

We already know he played the piano on Still Dre. He was credited for that, genius. All Im wanting to know is how does that make him a ghost producer.

Let me explain something you aren't grasping. When you are a ghost producer, you sign a non disclosure contract assuring that you do not publicly state that you were the producer, or creator for a given record. This non disclosure contract is still binding, long after you are established in the music industry. Ghost producers are basically at the entry level stages of production in the music industry. You think Jermain Dupri, and Dr. Dre, Just Blaze really have all this time to sit in the studio and come up with the hundreds of records you hear on the radio, with all the appearances they are making for the media?

NO! They actually purchase tracks from ghost producers, pay them, and have them sign over the credits..They can then re-arrange, or recreate the tracks to their own desire. It’s as simple as that. This is not some kind of rape, or evil practice of any kind. This is simply the real world of ALL business. Even if you have an MBA, you usually get into a company by working on projects (during your entry), showing up at presentations, and NOT getting credit for it. That’s the business world. Scott Storch was not in a position to demand anything from Dre, hence Dre could use him for his talents, and Dr. Dre could sell the track with his own name on it to the music industry. If the track said produced by Scott Storch, people would not have been as "sold" to the track, as it was when it stated "Produced By Dr. Dre." Your name sells in this business, and in the music industry (hiphop), there is probably no bigger name than Dr. Dre.

The fact that you are trying to prove that ghost production does not exist, because the credit to the ghost producer is not documented within an album insert shows you are not aware of what a ghost producer really is.

Now coming onto a forum and screaming at established members is not the brightest move you can make. You can post your question respectfully, and have a decent conversation without getting flamed. But you coming on here like Rambo to slaughter the locals, gets you thrown off the chopter!

Now stitch yourself up and sweet heart

What if Scott Storch didn't ghost produce any songs for Dre?

What now?

What will we do?

How will our lives change?

Does anybody care?

What are you trying to say?

Does it matter?

I can't wait until this is a free post thread... I love those.

see once i used to not have knowlage and was naive untill i talked to ppl about credits and projects they and i where working on. i learned that lets say scott made the beat from pure scratch and thats all he did? then he dose not needto be credited. why? he did not produce the track or rap'd on it? how many times do u REALLY see in the credits that
this guy did the keys
this person wrote the lyrics
these ppl did back ups
these ppl hit a shaker 2 times in the song

NO u really dont

dre was kind enough to credit everyone
every keybordist, guitarist, bass player brass extra **** was all credited

so now lets take it back now

game works in 2 ways 1 is the shady way

you can do everything and then timbo comes in says yea once in the whole track and eqs a lil. if he wants he can take the production credit even if someone else did it. it goes by name and weight.

second is

yea you made a beat. kool. u shop it around and hey dre wants it on detox. you MAD excited and buy the CD to find out ur name is not on their and wonder why? i made the beat so why is it saying that it was produced by dre?

well did u produce the track? NO
you made and sold a beat. and thats it. someone else produced the track.
if their nice ull get drum programing or extra drum programing credits and keybord credits cos thats all u did. u played keys and banged out beats. you did not produce a track.

So HOW did SS get ****ed or dre is ****ing ppl over?

someone (mike, scott, tom, that one chick who was with them, mel)

will start playing somthing. dre will be like thats hot.
makes drums to it. gets mike to replay that on the guitar

then scott starts playing somthing on a strings patch.
dres like make it a lil darker.

ok so scott dose.

then scott adds some other **** to it to make it compleet. dre askes for some minor adjustments and the songs perfect.

NOW he goes to 50 cent and says what u think of this beat for ur album?

50 likes it.

50 wrties some lyrics.

dre askes him to layer vocals adlibs
bal bla bal. tells him that verse 2 is a lil weak and needs more energy.

NOW out of this WHOLE sessions where 4 people including Dre worked on we got this.

Mike adds 1 guitar part and takes off.
Scott adds strings piano bass and strings and takes off.

Dre adds drums, directs them into his vision. dilivers a track to an artist.
takes direction of that whole project on how 50 should come where add lips should go, dubing and makeing sure everythings inpocket.

now out of all that who produced the track? now is scott who make most of the beat ghost produced? made a ghost beat? got ****ed over? is dre a con?

well if everything gets credit (which dosent have to happen) would go like this.

Lyrics by: 50 cent
Produced by: Dr. Dre
Guitar by: Mike Elzondo
Keybords by: Scott storch
Produced by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back