The Eminem album is officially a work of genius

i agree, he is one the greatest hip hop producers..and i love alot of his songs..one of the things i like about him is the simplicity. he doesnt add too many elements so the vocals can cut through the mix. By etc i meant that i think a record somehow should evolve over time. New instruments should maybe come in to mark transitions and stuff. I just feel other producers do this as good as, if not better than him, ( like just blaze, cool n dre, the runners

I listened to it like 5 times and I am here to confirm its his best album ever. Better than the 2nd one. Better than the 1st one. For real. Its a masterstroke.
We could not have listened to the same album. the only thing better about this album than the first 3 are the beats. The beats on this new album are equal to the ones on the chronic 2001 but song wise Im not feelin it as much as any of his first 3. I wont go as far as to say its garbage but its on the tip of my tongue

Damn, its like that? Ima buy it, I havent even heard it yet.. I see alot of mixed reviews, I guess I'l wait and see for myself. Although I did hear We made you and My Mom.. My Mom was aight but not feelin We Made You.... At All....

Damn, its like that? Ima buy it, I havent even heard it yet.. I see alot of mixed reviews, I guess I'l wait and see for myself. Although I did hear We made you and My Mom.. My Mom was aight but not feelin We Made You.... At All....

You heard the worst 2 songs. Give the album a chance.

go listen to gucci mane

wow lol.

For this album, I have to admit, I haven't listened the whole way through, from the first track to the last. It's weird, there's something about it that is putting me off.

From the songs I've heard, I'm just not feeling the beats. Why? Because I'm one of those dorks who has set his Dre expectations ridiculously high. He's not the Mozart of hip-hop, so not all of his tracks should sound like musical brilliance. Still....there's something strange about them.

And I'm on the fence about the lyrics. I don't care what anyone says, We Made You has some of the most cringe worthy verses ever. I cannot listen to the verses, period. But it does have the Catchiest Beat of 09!!! https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292025

But he's not terrible. It's the same thing with the beats, I get this weird feeling like something is off, but I can't place what. It's like how I'm used to them (Dre and Em) as a pair, the routine that they do, but something's changed. Like if Bat-Man and Robin decided to go fight crime is boxer shorts and flippers. It's just weird.

I haven't given up on this album, I just think I have to hear the entire thing from start to finish, THEN I can make a decent judgment of the album. I suggest doubters like myself should do the same.

At first listen I found this album to be mediocre...then while at work I kept going "I GUESS IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO HATE ME AGAIN!!!!" I agree...he and Dre came back with something totally weird...this album aint a masterpiece IMO, but I'm mostly digging it. I hope he either retires with Relapse 2 or make a final album afterward

I'm not even a big Em fan but this album cements his place in the top 10 rappers.

Lyricism and Dre is phenomenal on this album. Listened to the whole album 5 or 6 times and the only track I skip is Medicine Ball. This is his 2nd best album. The best album of the year....at least untill I cop that Busta.

But he takes it a bit to far on some tracks "No dad I said no I don't need no help peeing" and the whole stepdad rape thing is too abnormal even for Shady.

The best album of the year....at least untill I cop that Busta.

Bussa Bus used to be one of my favorite rappers back with his first couple of albums but he has put out nothing but garbage the last 6-7 years. I want the old Busta back. That new Arab Money song makes me want to kill my radio.

Back