Ella Mai > All R&B since 2015.

Desire Inspires

A lot of trash was released since 2015. This Ella Mai album is nice. It feels familiar but has enough new vibes to keep things interesting. I guess I like the fact that she didn't use too much Autotune/Reverb for her vocals.

This other R&B stuff isn't even really R&B. Just people screaming and mumbling. Other R&B sounds like sick whales mating. Terrible.

Ella Mai has the album of the year. Nothing else that will come out will compare.

You may be onto something! Though the Ella album hasn't made its way to my ear yet, the reviews have been consistently stellar from what I see!

Also cool track with the tropical house vibes!

follow back on SC (soundcloud). Just liked your post.

I think it's better than a lot of similarly styled R&B. By that I mean synthy, new age R&B that may not have a single traditional instrument in the mix.

But there have been some excellent R&B releases since 2015 that I'd put ahead of hers. In Another Life by Bilal, Woman by Jill Scott, What I'm Feelin' by Anthony Hamilton, Vantrioluism by Meshell Ndegeocello, The Midnight Hour by Adiran Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Did It for Love by Leela James, Malibu by Anderson Paak, Coming Home and Good Thing both by Leon Bridges, and many more.

You may be onto something! Though the Ella album hasn't made its way to my ear yet, the reviews have been consistently stellar from what I see!

Also cool track with the tropical house vibes!

follow back on SC (soundcloud). Just liked your post.

​Thanks. Just threw some Electronic music tracks up on SC.

Hmmm... I admit I've been living under a rock for a while now so I know nothing about new artists. But I just checked out Ella Mai and I like it. Thanks for this.

I'd seriously recommend listening to H.E.R if you aren't familiar with her music. She is creating some R&B that we have been in need of for years

Back