The easiest way to stay broke (100% guaranteed)

Make beats every day, drop half your paycheck every month on keyboards, samples and gear.

Work your 9 to 5 as effortlessly as possible to avoid getting tired before you head home to make beats.

Schmooze with irrelevant and equally contrived people at parties and buy a round of drinks to whoever you think will give you a break. Spend an hour every day adding irrelevant but seemingly potential people on facebook and adding lame commentary about your 'career' while you drop links to your soundclick page.

Spend money on beat licensing sites, facebook likes and soundclick ad rotation. Realize soundclick isn't doing it for you, so buy your own website domain and hosting package and get a dude on freelancer to draft up a site with a paypal option to get $$$.

Drop more facebook links and ad more random nobodies. Buy a couple of cheap beat marketing tutorials to increase your 'revenue streams'. Sift through the tons of emails from rappers who want free beats to rap over and are willing to drop your name as a gesture of goodwill (but no cash, sorry).

Realize that the website isn't drawing enough hits because you don't rank highly enough on keywords so you buy more adsense ads from google and pay your indian freelancer dude for a bit of SEO.

Realise that maintaining the facebook posts, website uploads and beat requests and working a 9 to 5 is taking up too much time so you spend less time with the girl and no time with your friends and your beats get shorter and more simplistic because it's quicker to make them this way and MORE PRODUCT = MORE SALES in this world.

Girlfriend gets upset and eventually leaves you. Coworkers at your dayjob get promoted or move onto other better paying jobs. Friends you used to be tight with fall away and disappear through the cracks.

Make simpler and simpler beats, quicker and quicker. Upload, repeat, tweet, post. Repeat.

Realize that the entire time you've been marketing yourself, you've massively overspent and need to trim down on the extras so you go to ebay and put that old drumpad you never use up for sale.

Get back 50% less than what you paid for your MPD. Make some more beats. Check your emails. Buy another marketing tutorial pack. Buy some SEO shortlists. Shout at your website guy because the site isn't getting enough views.

Make some more beats. Slowly get burnt out.

Sell some more gear. What will it be this month? I suppose you never use that old MIDI keyboard now that you just point and click in squares to make beats. Hog it on ebay.

Once there's nothing left to sell, scratch your head and wonder how the **** you never made a damn cents worth of profit doing 'what you love'.

I honestly don't know what the **** you are talking about but I've never seen you on here before so I'm guessing you're talking out your ******* for some sort of attention. Have fun being broke. I would tell you my secret to selling 1,000$ worth of instrumentals last month.

“Losing some money is an inevitable part of investing and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.”

-Warren BUffet

There's something that pisses me the **** off about people who project their insecurities and failures onto others.

Get the **** outta here with that low self-esteem shit.

Last edited:
nah mayne i just made $50,000 dollars on a beat. cant mess with the hustle yall. cant mess with the grind. gonna buy me a ro-lex yall. bling up the producah image feel me? PEACE!

I sold a beat one time.........and now when I step outside the door I be like

Shit.....I got it made........quit my job......and sold my equipment to....I don't need to make not a nan notha beat in my life.

^^^^^see.........from just ONE beat I sued 200,000 rappers for 100 dollars. JUST ONE BEAT!!!! ONE BEAT!!! Not only that....I sued a couple of well known artist for using THAT ONE BEAT on their mixtape. Went for 10 million, settled for $100,000.

Life is great. They told me I wouldn't amount to shit in life making beats on a cracked screen ipod touch 4. Let your haters be your motivators.

I feel even better about telling my 3rd grade teacher to kiss my ass, I'm rich...biitch!!!! Take this shiny apple.......and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASSS!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Last edited:

A bunch of garbage. Having a pre-determined goal itself is not going to make you rich. It will barely keep you afloat.

I am a person that believes that most people are lazy or give up too easily. But just because a person achieves a goal and works hard does not mean that he will be successful. Con artists, hucksters, swindlers, and liars are in charge for the most part.

Last edited:
He goes back and forth between spirituality and ignorance,it's confusing.

People think once they become "successful" they'll finally be truly happy... it never happens, you just keep wanting more and more.

He goes back and forth between spirituality and ignorance,it's confusing.

People think once they become "successful" they'll finally be truly happy... it never happens, you just keep wanting more and more.

Exactly. People in America with law degrees and PhDs can barely find work. People with 15-20 years of experience get laid off at a whim.

Meanwhile, stock owners end up making more from the company than the employees. The executives make even more money. This is just in America. People born in many other countries have no chance of working their way to success.

No one has the goal to be f***ed up in life.

i've found my disposable income to be directly proportional to how far i stay away from producing music. especially hip hop music.

That's because you decided to buy all those hard synths in the first place. If you had gone the frooty loops way, you could have been the real Young Chop.

Virus TI ? Ain't nobody got time for that...

Last edited:
Just don't get it...what's the point....are you selling something ??? Usually when people say "Hey don't you get tired..." they are after your money, nothing more....

Back