dudes with hot battle rhymes cant make songs

cash10

I mean ive seen all these hot battle rappers such as jae millz,murda mook,jin the list goes on but none of these dudes can make hot songs.Niggas need to realise they can keep it real how much they want but at the end of the day you gotta sell records and come up with hot hooks lyrics mean nothing i mean youg joc went platinum how ****ed up is that.........I looked at bet today and everysong i saw had and rand b finish...luda andmary j,bow bow and t pain,pretty ricky this game is ****ed up

hahah thats funny u say that cuz i was just thinkin that the other day.. its absolutely true.

now i mean not all of em make bad songs, but most. The reason is a rap song is more than just good lyrics. A rappers needs to feel a beat a make a nice flow to the beat, not just spit a battle rap 16. Most of those type of rappers spit their same style 16 over any beat and it doesn't work that way. Plus they can't make catchy hooks. Lyrics give u respect, but can only take you soo far. You need lyrics, flow, swagger, and hooks to become successful

noblewordz said:
Eminem started out as a battle rapper. 3 good albums out or 4 is pretty good if you ask me.

very true... then again.. eminem is on a whole other level...

i even think nelly and the st lunatics started off as battle rappers too.. so u never know

Eminem well if you think about it he wasn't block headed either he actually took advice and allowed people to produce him unlike others that think they know it all then flop

That's bull. All the ol'school HipHop cats were all battle MC's and they made good songs.

Slick Rick, Cool Moe Dee, Everyone from the Juice crew, etc...

Now take the ones that could make good songs compared to the ones that couldn't?

and i believe what this guy is talkin about is underground vs mainstream which is an even higher %

Cyko said:
Jin can actutally make songs

Well Jin was who I thought of when I read the thread title. the stuff I heard way back from him I thought was trash. But I think he's doing pretty well in Asia... I saw something (dont remember what channel) a few months ago and it looked like he was actually in China performing. Maybe he's improved...

Tron said:
That's bull. All the ol'school HipHop cats were all battle MC's and they made good songs.

Slick Rick, Cool Moe Dee, Everyone from the Juice crew, etc...

if you tihnk about it old school rappers didnt really have that good of lyrics, hooks just had good punchlines and lots of energy.

It depends on the producer also. Not BEETZ, the producer can shape a talent like a 'wayward' battle rapper.

In this era, most battle rappers just get some hot beats, for the most part many haven't learned how to write a song.

Cyko said:
Jin can actutally make songs

D4L can make songs too. None Jin's albums are even half his potential. I want him to be a successful MC because he's nice on the mic. But it's almost like he struggles creatively when it's time to put a complete project together.

Raw talent only takes you so far. Like sportsmen/women, coaches etc play a huge role in their success. ie need coaching and direction.

I know everyone blames Ruff Ryders for Jin's situation, but it's partially his fault for his failure to make the next step up. He sort of cornered himself to only appeal to Asians. Instead he should of made music for the masses, for everyone. Anyone agree? That's why he tours in Asia as that's his only fan base.

Back