Drumma boy and Zaytoven should be in your TOP 5 Producers Always!

I always see people talking about top producers like preemo and pete rock and j dilla. Those guys are ok if you like that sample ish. Drumma and Zay rarely sample and they have the sickest beats Ive ever heard but I never see them in these discussions. Check the discography of these guys and they will make your favorite producers look silly. I dont care who you name! Nobody has orchestral background and musical knowledge like Drumma. Zay even started off playing in church. So next time I see a top 5 discussion you cant exclude these guys. Its blasphemy!

"They will make your favorite producer look silly"
Really now...??
So they make premo and j dilla...
alchemist and q-tip.... "look silly"

Doesnt really make sense to me...
They make minute songs... The ones that wont get any play 10 years from now n everyone will forget about..
But to each is own...
But you own nonsense....

Drake Money to Blow.
2 Chainz -Spend it.
Plies-Shawty
Waka flaka-No Hands
Rocko - Goin Steady
GUCCI MANE- Photo Shoot
Rick Ross- Ross Here I Am.
All produced by Drumma Boy and that aint even half.

Zaytoven basically is the most go to Atlanta producer in history. And he also produced Papers by Usher.

I DONT SEE PREMO WITH NO HITS! With that boring ass boom bap ish! Get out the damn 90s with that wack ass ish! Take a sample and put drums on it ass ! 10 year olds can do that crap man! Flippin samples is easy as abc123. Boom bap....What a stupid name. NO disrespect but thats why new york sucks now cuz theyre boring!

I think that the op makes a good point that you could def add these two up there with the all time greats. Show the south some love.

Everyone has different tastes in music man, these producers are not in my top 5 and that's because I prefer other types of beats. There's nothing wrong with that.
It's ridiculous to be comparing DJ Premier and Drumma boy. It's like comparing apples and oranges...
Man, if you think you can make a boom bap beat as good as Premo or Dilla I'd love to hear it. If it's as easy as "abc123" as you say, you should be able to whip one up pretty quick no doubt?
I look forward to hearing your beat.

I always see people talking about top producers like preemo and pete rock and j dilla. Those guys are ok if you like that sample ish. Drumma and Zay rarely sample and they have the sickest beats Ive ever heard but I never see them in these discussions. Check the discography of these guys and they will make your favorite producers look silly. I dont care who you name! Nobody has orchestral background and musical knowledge like Drumma. Zay even started off playing in church. So next time I see a top 5 discussion you cant exclude these guys. Its blasphemy!
Like you said it depends on your preferences. I actually really prefer sample producers for the most part. I like a lot of these synth based guys too but yeah to me they are no in the same league as Preemo, Pete or Dilla and I like Drumma. Not a top 5 for me.

It's really personal preference man. Different people likes different things. I like Drumma and Zaytoven a lot but others may not

haha damn, the reason why u see people Always talking bout those main producers is because they early on (maybe befor u were born) carried the cross for the culture and contributed heavily to the music.

Drumma boy is tight as hell I agree with that but he is not in de league of pete rock homie, datz like drumma boys' musical grandpa.Or for ur case let me mention DJ Paul(triple 6 mafia).

When u mention dudes havin musical training dats cool and impressive but hip hop was not started on an instrument. it was started on a device that that allowed u to trigger samples and drumloops (very basic stuff) with a button or fader.
When u listen to the magic that was created on those devices for that time period was never before done. And if that wasnt done and started in the south bronx, and traveled to the south Memphis, then u wud b probably shaking ur dreads to som country folk music.

Because drumma boy r zaytoven arent pioneers in de start of rap is why they are not even mentioned.

U could mention DJ Paul as a pioneer, but drumma boy n zaytoven came along when the industry was already running and being exploited.

PS: I listen to Drumma boy n zaytoven alot and I can tell u, Dude zaytoven sucks ass, he makes de simplest beats eva, I got respect fo Drumma boy though, he's talented and a creative genius.

I would even put Paul and Juicy in the convo. Im just sayin Drumma could make the beats those boom bap producers make but could they make the beats drumma makes? Where are they now if they are so great? People get beats from those boom bap producers off seniority In the game. Thats it. But those guys are so behind nowadays. Niggaz From the east rappin on south beats for a reason ! That ish just aint hot no more. And u say Zaytoven sucks.... I could remake 1000 sample beats b4 u could make one zaytoven beat. Take a sample map it to keyboard and put drums on it......wow how impressive.(not really lol)

Your ignorance is showing....

Its all good for them to be in your top 5...
Take it to the barbershop in see how niggas feel about it...
But i doubt ur changin anyone's perspective...
It would of been better to start the thread stating ur opinion...
about why there in ur top 5... rather then bashing everyone for not thinkn so already.
Id also like to hear a sampled dilla type beat from u...
Take a sample or 5 or 6...map it to the keyboard and put drums on it... easy right...

They not hot anymore more cause of the bizness dat keeps pushin de ignorance, and pushin what can make them money.
And don't act like south beats are so "next level" and creative. All dem shits sound de same. Same repetitive combination of notes.
If there was no 808 bass drum in dem south beats nobody wud b messin wit dem.

It sounds like u got limited knowledge on rap music, and it sound like ur stuck in de present state of rap. U need past and present to know ur future.

New york and West coast thrived while de south artist were underdogs now it jus switched around. The world is round and that's what happens, but u cant shit on the reason hip hop exists, doesnt make sense. South music sounds to me like new york mixed with westcoast, if u really broke it down. And the world keeps turning.

if u really a fan and love the music den u would luv everything about it caus I do, n i respect every coast that contributed, and in the end that just makes hip hop bigger and better than other music genre's.

PS: Zaytoven sucks ass, dude, melodies r weak. he sound like he using som free plugins on his shit, get another role model producer caus da aint a good example for ur case. Bangladesh cud b a good 1.

And I was looking for a link where I can hear som of ur productions cause it sounds like u got som heat, with all de opinions.

Matter of fact. Download my mixtape off datpiff "Flawless da Truth" Flawless Victory. I can spit with the goats and produce with'em. Maybe im cocky but im a rapper lol.Punchlines and real sht mixed together and by the way I produce my own ish.

I would stick to producing...
Not knockin u.. some hooks were ok but the rest isnt really my thing...
I was lookin for sampled beats... the ones that u said were easy to make

Back