The-Dream maybe the next T-Pain

M

M&G Productions247

When I say The-Dream may be the next T-Pain im saying that in the sense that he may start to circulate over everyone elses tracks like T-Pain has done over the past year. What yall think?

Hes a song writer, not so much a singer. I dont think hes the kinda dude to pimp himself out to anyone and everyone like T-Pain, and his voice isnt catchy or memorable in the way that T Pain's is (Thats what makes a hook)..its his writing style that makes him so distinct..I cant see it happening but who knows..

Last edited:
yah i dont think thats gonna happen he might come out with alot of crazy tracks by himself but i doubt hes gonna hop on everyones hooks like pain tht nigga will jump on anything no homo but cant hate hes nice

T-Pain, aaaaah captain vocoder - lord of auto-tune and he who makes me cry for the lack of acknowledgement for Zapps idea.

For the guy above saying that T-Pain is the weezy of singers 0 smh - He can't even sing period.

He is a hit with the solja boy crowd and the native floridians though. I will say that.

In that instance I guess he's a wise man, cuz he knows his limitations and uses them against those those don't know them.

LMAO

Last edited:
Sparrow said:
T-Pain is a clown in a top hat and is overrated. captain vocoder - auto-tune makes me cry.

For the guy above saying that T-Pain is the weezy of singers 0 smh - He can't even sing.

T-Pain is dope? Yeah, if you from some backwoods Florida town or you just too young to know better..

The words of a broke person.

T-Pain is great...one of my favourite RnB artist's right now.

Cant get enough of his music. Bartender is a personal favourite of mine.

T pain is currently the key to a certified hit. FP don't like success. He's murderin hooks, producing, writing, and is a real humble dude.

smh at tryin' to discredit T-Pain.......

dude is one of the most talented and hardest working people in the business, I know that prolly p*sses people off.......

success like his doesn't happen by accident.......

ChaseNCashe said:
The words of a broke person.

The words of every person in response to criticism.

BTW - I am far from broke. I don't know what you consider broke, but I own a five bedroom home, have threecars less than 2 years old. Three plasma TV's bigger than 42" and have a lake out my back door. Oh and the studio downstairs.

I work a corporate job and make damn good bank my boy.

Im not rich, but Im not broke either.

As for T-Pain, if I was filthy rich. Id say the same thing. Money isn't the cure for wackness, and getting paid aint an excuse for being wack either.

if money was an excuse for doing any old thing, then I'm sure you could be "paid" by dancin ona pole at the local male showcase club, and it would be all good cuz "you getting that paypah, that guap". LOL

your reply = lame and overused reply to criticism. we all artists of some sort here which means we have opinions.

Not everyone with an opinion is livin check to check dawg.

and not all unfavorable opinions are "hating". Success doesn't equal talent to me, it equals success, period. Some times its talent, and if anything "talent" is subjective. Obviously with the depth and artistry of pop music these days then yeah, he is "talented" in comparison to whats out there. But what does that say???

People wrongly assume (naive I would say) that everyone who is famous is automatically better than someone who isn't famous yet, like being popular means that you are better. No it doesn't. It means that you have broken through, no more no less. There are guys on this forum that are unknown but have more natural giftf then T-Pain, but if they criticized him here, they would be told that T-Pain is better than them because hes famous. Thats just a simplistically stupid way to look at the world.

For one, was T-Pain always famous?

for seconds, its a stupid mentality to believe that known and famous talent ALWAYS beats unknown talent, because I can gaurantee you that the most talented cats in the world are guys you may never hear. I would bet there has been a better basketball player than Michael Jordan on some playground somewhere. Because for whatever reason he didn't make it to the league do you think that his talent didn't exist because television cameras didn't capture it?

you need an ice cold drink.

Last edited:
there might be better singers then t-pain.. but they must be lacking something.. drive,motivation,charisma,swag,attitude.. something must be lacking

that's retarded logic Sparrow..

as20gp said:
but ur opinions try to discredit somebodys hard work..

so I'm not allowed my own opinion? thats dumb.

so no ones allowed opinions because negative opinions are "discrediting" someone?

no ones discrediting his hard work, that's evident. It's not deniable that he works hard.

What I am doing is voicing my opinion that his style is not as special as he is given credit for and that he is very is overexposed. Thats two different things.

My opinion. He is good producer though in my opinion his style is direct rip of Roger Troutman, and every song of his sounds the same. Thats my opinion.

Not all criticism and opinions is "hating" amd quite frankly I get sick of the mentality that it is.

people have things they like and things they don't. Just because someone is famous, that doesn't suddenly make them likeable and immune to others taste just because of it.

to add to this, I ACTUALLY KNOW (acquaintnce of a friend) AND LIKE - T-Pain for what he is. Music for being drunk in a club.

so when Im drunk in a club = I like T-Pain (the first three songs that is)

then they play seven more songs of his.

Last edited:
man that's on you.. but I would never voice my opinion like that without getting my facts straight

"his fans are fans of soulja boy an floridians"... where does the rest of the country fit into that span.

im sry, I just can't talk greasy about somebody I've never talked to, or dealt with.

I can state my opinions.. but they way some of ya'll state opinions is rediculous

Sparrow what is it you feel is wack about T-Pain? Because if you are not hating, you would have some type of reason you don't like him. BTW, this statement, "his fans are fans of soulja boy an floridians", is very inaccrate, cause I don't like Soulja Boy

Last edited:
Back