DR. DRE "COMPTON" - Official Thread

Can't wait to hear it. Do you think it will be all songs with other artists or will there be a few songs with just Dre on it?

I pre-ordered a couple days ago.

He said Detox never came out, because it just wasn't good. If he said that about his own work, and then released this...I can only imagine.

Midnight.

I just listened to 1 track off a rip of the exclusive apple stream. I can't listen to this shit...it does Dre's engineering skills NO JUSTICE.

I'm gonna wait until after midnight, for my pre-order to download, then hit the studio and listen to it, in all it's FLAT glory!

Kendrick, Jon Connor and King Mez RAPPED THEIR ASS OFF.

Xzibit and Cold 187um was a welcome surprise.

The live instrumentation was dope...and the fact that he did shit like add so many mixing dynamics along with a live trumpet to the trappy sounding shit to make it different was a nice touch.

I'm really taken aback by the record, to be honest. Who knew that a Dr. Dre album would even actually come out, let alone sound like THIS?

I think time will crown it an official classic, but I'll be damned if it isn't flawless from start to finish.

the concept behind deep water and the production is just crazy. they gotta do a video for this one; it's gonna be dope.

Damn I done fell off my chair for this. Classic hip-hop. This shit gave me goosebumps in places I didn't know you could have goosebumps.

Dr. Dre just shitted on the last 10 years of hip hop.

I hope these kids are taking notice. This is how you PRODUCE a damn album. THIS is the difference between a producer and a beat maker.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE GOES INTO THE STUDIO!!

I'm so happy that artists like Dre and Jay can drop and show these kids how it's supposed to be done. They are both still operating at their highest levels, and it's amazing.

Back