Dorm Room Studio ----Fp College Soph/Jr/Fresh

• Thread starter YungAngieonbeat
  • Start date
Y

YungAngieonbeat

Dorm Room Studio ----Fp College Soph/Jr/Sr

Got a few questions.

1. How many of you have/had a dorm room studio?

2. How did you avoid annoying your roommate(s)?

3. How much time did you have to spend on your music if you were'nt majoring in anything music related?

4. What kind of set up did you use?

...Im thinking of just taking my small m-audio midi (leave the larger keys at home)...my Dell Laptop (xps)...Behringer Moniters...(plus noise cancelling headphones) and keeping it VST(i) based.

For recording I was thinking about just storing the Rode n Protools since I want be recording at all but have it Just IN Case!

Ps - If your wondering Why I didnt just get a private room...I was too lazy to send my paperwork in early..I will only be in a dorm for 1 semester (its required) Ill be moving into a nice little Condo soon...

Advice Plzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
YungAngieonbeat said:
Got a few questions.

3. How much time did you have to spend on your music if you were'nt majoring in anything music related?

...Im thinking of just taking my small m-audio midi (leave the larger keys at home)...my Dell Laptop (xps)...Behringer Moniters...(plus noise cancelling headphones) and keeping it VST(i) based.

For recording I was thinking about just storing the Rode n Protools since I want be recording at all but have it Just IN Case!

Ps - If your wondering Why I didnt just get a private room...I was too lazy to send my paperwork in early..I will only be in a dorm for 1 semester (its required) Ill be moving into a nice little Condo soon...

Advice Plzz.

basically make good with what u got...and hope u got cool roomates...and girl u seem kinda sexy and fine.. ...from that avi ...but its 6 am..and im still tipsy...

what college u goin 2? i think i might transfer to that **** 2 baby

Last edited:
I've been in crazier environments and made tracks...BUT the biggest key for me was my headphones. AND you got the noise-canceling joints. Perfect. Just zone out, make music, then mix and master later when your in the room alone.

Depending on your priorities, I'd knock out the schoolwork at the library (where noise and annoyances are at a minimum) and then bang out tracks after that.

I'm gonna wait 1 or 2 years before I bring my **** up there

Fukc that! Bring in all yo sh!t! I mean all of it! Get there a day or two early hook your sh!t up and bang dem out! That Somamabitch (in honor of Bernie Mac), will come in there like "what the fukc?" You bang out beats night after night until 2 or 3 n da mornin' and dat muthafuker be gone in less den a week! Then you got that room all to yo damn self!

True Dat!

PEACE

Last edited:
kcsherrell@mac.com said:
You bang out beats night after night until 2 or 3 n da mornin' and dat muthafuker be gone in less den a week!

PEACE

Lol... Yeah and get that crazy one who puts a knife in ya monitors to give you a "slice" of her mind. After the throw-down(cause damagin' gear has it's repercussions....), you'll be postin' a new thread asking "which online College should I apply to?"...

Either way, try and be respectful. You might get a roommate who's into music too..

YungAngieonbeat said:
Got a few questions.

Advice Plzz.

Hey Angie funny thing. i posted this EXACT same post around this time last year. alright so. make sure u buy a NEW pair of headphones because they're gonna get ALOT of work. monitors take up TOO much space. and if u wanna avoid a 200 plus noise fine then you'd use em sparecly.

and i had a dorm room.

my roomate was THE ****. we still cool as hell 2 this day.

ima Sophomore at SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY

and i slacked off hard with the music my 1st sememster. TOO much partying.

TIME MANAGEMENT is key. but 2nd sememster ill say 20 hours a week. i got out of class and aft er each class id read and study right aft er. go 2 work. then do music. repeat.

my set up was.

my Sony Vaio laptop.
Rotkic 5's
Sony Headphones
m-audio Fast Track Pro
and at the time i was runnin fl6 with Cool edit.
if ur runnin a laptop u should think about cpu usage and what not.
and for recording i put all my clothes in bins and used my closet 2 record.

www.myspace.com/herneythegreat

if u have anymore questions hit me up

Dont mean to be a thread jacker but I see yall was talkin about noise cancelling headphones & i've been thinkin about coppin some. Any suggestions???

doin the same **** for my school, cept my roommates an mc...were just gonna bang **** out. Make sure your room mate isnt careless you dont want to get your **** jacked, id get insurance on it just in case. Im bringin all my **** up and making DAMN sure that it doesnt get ripped off, i pity the mother****er that attempts to steal my ****...

Fukc that! Bring in all yo sh!t! I mean all of it! Get there a day or two early hook your sh!t up and bang dem out! That Somamabitch (in honor of Bernie Mac), will come in there like "what the fukc?" You bang out beats night after night until 2 or 3 n da mornin' and dat muthafuker be gone in less den a week! Then you got that room all to yo damn self!

True Dat!

PEACE

Lol U tryna get me Kicked out....

Hey Angie funny thing. i posted this EXACT same post around this time last year. alright so. make sure u buy a NEW pair of headphones because they're gonna get ALOT of work. monitors take up TOO much space. and if u wanna avoid a 200 plus noise fine then you'd use em sparecly.

and i had a dorm room.

my roomate was THE ****. we still cool as hell 2 this day.

ima Sophomore at SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY

and i slacked off hard with the music my 1st sememster. TOO much partying.

TIME MANAGEMENT is key. but 2nd sememster ill say 20 hours a week. i got out of class and aft er each class id read and study right aft er. go 2 work. then do music. repeat.

my set up was.

my Sony Vaio laptop.
Rotkic 5's
Sony Headphones
m-audio Fast Track Pro
and at the time i was runnin fl6 with Cool edit.
if ur runnin a laptop u should think about cpu usage and what not.
and for recording i put all my clothes in bins and used my closet 2 record.

www.myspace.com/herneythegreat

if u have anymore questions hit me up

Thanks...prolly the best advice. Just purchased some headphones from zzounds.

Back