does diddy actually make beats?

Siver

songs like hypnotize, mo money mo problems, and juicy, did diddy himself make those beat? if he didn't, what exactly did he do?

You don't have to make a beat to produce a song. Think of Diddy as a movie director. He may not operate the camera but he'll want a scene to be shot in this angle, or that angle. He'll want the actor to say a line this way or that way. Same thing for music producers. He may have wanted BIG to come a little harder on a track, or make a track more radio friendly. He may have wanted D Dot to add strings to this beat. He may have wanted Stevie to take away a sound on that beat. There's A LOT more then what I have mention (especially when it comes to singers) but you should understand what I mean.

Last edited:
Hes reached a level where he doesn't need to anymore. He has earned that position. Its all about establishing your brand.

It still amazes me that people don't really know the job description of something that they claim they want to do as a life-long profession.

Drug dealer - Uh, so, how much is in a kilo?

MadTiger3000 said:
It still amazes me that people don't really know the job description of something that they claim they want to do as a life-long profession.

Drug dealer - Uh, so, how much is in a kilo?

lmao.

but it is so true

He used to be more hands on, and actually established a "style" of RnB that you can still hear the influence of to this day(He was the 1st to put RnB singers on Hip hop beats, doesn't seem "innovative" now, because everyone does it, but that was just as groundbreaking as new jack swing).

Whenever people start in on Diddy, I have to ask...did Quincy Jones actually "make his Beats"? What about John Williams or Danny Elfman? Even Charles Aznovaur?

There's no right or wrong way to "produce". But there is millions of ways it can be done, regardless of the Genre of music you're doing.

diddy has said numbers of times he don't make no beats, he just knows what sounds good. he able to do that because he already established that he know how to make hit records when he was A&R. when he got a chance to producer records, he got together of a team of beatmakers/musican to make the music(the beats) and he would use his ear to find tune the records.

there are many way to become a produer
it not just casted ass the nigga who made the beat
the producer is who ever the record company gives that check to
get their song made

you could be a artist/fomer artist you know how reocrds get made
and you want to try your hand in to it
EX.polow da don, justin timberlake

you could be a writer and also a producer
ex.Neyo, toby gad

you could be a musican and be a producer
ex.1500 or nothing,jr rotem

you can be a engineer and be a producer
ex. mike Dean ,ken lewis

or you can be a exective with an ear and be a producer
ex .Diddy,Ron fair, Rick rubin ,Clive Davis

Isn't there a video of Diddy producing Snoop and really doing the producer thing. I think Ryan Leslie is sitting beside him in a red jacket or something. I remember seeing it on here.

The movie producer description was on point.

Quincy Jones didn't make beats, but he played the f*ck out of his trumpet, and was a composer and arranger who was respected and well-paid before his Michael Jackson phase.

Theme from "Sanford and Son" and more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Jones_discography

The bolded Grammy categories are wins!!!

Quincy is that dude.

deRaNged's point is still the same as mine, though.

Sunraze said:
Haha, new jack swing groundbreaking. Hahaha.

Er, um, it WAS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Jack_Swing_artists

Last edited:
Diddy probably doesn't even know how to turn an MPC on much less use one. That's not say he doesn't actually produce in the traditional sense. But he doesn't actually construct beats. But he damn sure knows how to take credit!

Sunraze said:
"Groundbreaking" doesn't account for being lame, I guess.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

He is in the top 20 (10?) in the WORLD at his job. I don't love the guy, but real talk is real talk.

What are YOU talking about?

Back