Does anyone else think Tyler the Creator just sounds like...

Mikey Rocks spitting Horror Core? I ****ing hate anyone that says he's "revolutionizing hip hop" or whatever other ish they say about him. I feel like everything he's about has already been done, just not sold to Hot Topic.
Not too say that all of Odd Future is wack, but I don't really think he's doing anything that new...

Sir Michael Rocks from The Cool Kids? He doesn't sound no where near him, Tyler got an original voice IMO.

This dudes voice is so monotone and boring. He doesn't even rhyme he just rambles.

Pass.

This is so true. When I first heard him everyone was all worked up like he's tight. I'm like what is this cant get jiggy with this S*** (michael blackson voice). not trying to hate I'm far from that was just being real 100% and if speaking my mind is hate than I guess being real doesn't exist anymore.

but cool kids is raw no doubt

Last edited:
I like them both (Tyler and the Cool Kids), but I don't hear it, sounds different to me...IMO Although I am feeling Tyler, probably because he reminds me of myself when I was that age lol...

and more and more gangsta nip did this 20 years ago but back then the only southern rap act that was well known was geto boys gangsta nip was on rap a lot as well

haha i actually like the dude tho. i mean i havnt heard anything like it.

I noticed this is why so many people like him; because they are new to horrorcore. It seems like most of this dudes fans are the mainstream generic hipster kids. Most underground heads have heard passed horrorcore years ago, that genre kinda died. It gets boring quick, it's just not fun to listen to.

his sound is "new" to a new generation of listeners. most of the kids that listen to him weren't even in their double digits when horrorcore had it's first run.

welcome to the generation gap.

Tyler is epic. Tyler is the Creator. He is the Genesis of his rap style. You blasphemers be damned.

Old tech n9ne is infinitely better then Tyler.
Tech has the best flow ever, Tyler's is on par with some of the worst.

BUT, if you like monotone rambling with poor rhyme structure and lack of character then your on the right path and I can't think of anyone better then Tyler if that is the sound your looking for.

Back