Do you want race and religion discussions as they pertain to "Hip Hop" music?

How would you prefer this forum to be run?

• Total voters

sleepy

Do you want race and religion discussions as they pertain to "Hip Hop" music?

Will you take the permanent ban for breaking any of the rules?

https://www.futureproducers.com/rules.php

This includes personal insults - These happen in a large currency in this forum.

Bad language not pertaining to the topic - This includes any spelling meant to bypass the bad language sensors.

Offensive pictures of any sort - Including pictures that are offensive posted only for the purpose of getting a cheap laugh out of someone.

When you think about it, it is almost necessary to break some of the above rules. The whole reasoning for keeping these topics off the forums is to avoid needing to ban someone.

We absolutely cannot address people one on one on a personal basis. We could spend our entire days going back and forth with people about issues. Either you participate and adhere to the rules and take the ban if necessary or you don't.

It is not about power tripping, it is about keeping this place reasonable and flourishing. I've seen very popular forums lose a lot of members due to political discussions. It's something that divides people and leads to bans, this is why this is kept off the forums.

The deal about free speech is not about being authoritative. It's about respecting the private property of others. If you have a home you'd like people to respect your home. If you have a nice car you'd want people to respect your vehicle and not do anything that will devalue or damage it. This is the same thing with this forum. It takes money to run this place. If I was a sponsor and saw a forum with questionable content I would more likely than not take my sponsorhip elsewhere. I do believe this forum to be very valuable to beginners and experienced people alike and it takes everyone to give up something to keep things going strong.

So the question is.

1. Adhere to very very strict rules and let people have music-related discussions that touch on religion and politics?

or

2. Keep the same format and do without some of the more controversial topics?

Both of the options suck. But i would still go with the first.

Last edited:
option 2....if people may be offended by certain threads mods should delete them....strict rules will never work....this a hip hop forum...who the fuk is gona follow rules like that? in 2 months there'll be no one left on fp and the sites gona go to shi-t.....

EMAG-A said:
hip hop forum...who the fuk is gona follow rules like that?

Yea true, let's just keep talking about Akon's new bling, or how annoying T-Pain's voice is or what 50 did this weekend or how to lean and roll with it, ayay, skee skee skeet! let's keep it h1ph0p y00! I mean OH MY GOD what if someone get's offended, that just can not happen in music? dangerous yo.

Its a music forum everything should be music related e.g kanyes jesus walks track .. would be ok, Anything directly about anything other than music shouldnt be here.. Unless a general discussion forum is opened..

and lets be honest its not like everything is in the right place already.

everyone seems to go blindly to the getting started section and aviod actually posting in the right section in the first place.. maybe that should be dropped..

Last edited:
i think that mature discussions pertaining to race, religion and politics have been done in FP, but on the other hand, i've seen some devolve into flame wars.

personally, i wish these topics could be discussed, but i understand the mods not wanting to have to ban people.

i chose option #2. there would be no one left on fp if the rules were strictly enforced. it would be boring if they were enforced because we couldn't have alot of fun like we do now.

i say keep it the way it is now...I stopped visiting another very popular site for producing that didn't allow religion or politics, while they let the race thing just fly...So what happens when you get a bunch of hollier than thou moderators with clout on the forum?

They start acting as if they belong to a certain race, and start lettin the n-bomb fly, and nigga this and nigga that, knowing that even if they are "DOWN" with "REAL HIP-HOP" like they THINK, they are insulting people in ways they had no idea because they thought it was ok...

then someone makes a comment calling black students coons and etc,etc, and the moderator comes down on me for getting pissed off about it...Needless to say, I get a message now every now and then that says, "bluchippa, you haven't posted in a while on your "...muzik" acct...the boards on that site has been a ghost town for a while, and the mods act as if they don't know why...

Last edited:
bluchippa5 said:
bluchippa, you haven't posted in a while on your "...muzik" acct...the boards on that site has been a ghost town for a while, and the mods act as if they don't know why...
lol i think i kno what site you're talking about but i don't remember the site being like that last time i wast there.

Last edited:
No i meant i'm confused about this thread lol! I dont get what its about...??

SP

bobsmitt said:
lol i think i kno what site you're talking about but i don't remember the site being like that last time i wast there.

i could pm you the thread if you think im b.s. Its a cool site and not everyone there are a**holes, but its like a fraternity...if your not in the "Circle of Trust" everyone d!ckrides a couple mods and it gets one sided real fast...Let me just say their boards used to be busy as hell...These days its slow...they just started picking up on traffic again...but don't let me discourage anyone, its got tons of information that has helped...i just stay out of the casual convo over there and help newbs with questions from time to time...

Last edited:
Nigger, Nigga

I just wanted to see if those were in the list of banned words...

***** <--- says bytch

I don't care to discuss religion or anything else outside of music on FP. I just get real heated in the N word threads because I think the N word threads are music related, are Hip Hop related... in my eye (most of the time the threads are about the N word in music and hip hop fans) but you can't really expect a discussion about the N word not to stir emotions - banning people for using words to combat the N word is not cool. If you're talking about a word like the N word... bytch may be needed for emphasis...

I don't do religion threads, they're worse than race threads.

... but at the end of the day... I THINK people get a little more of an understanding of what exists under the umbrella of 50 Cent is wack / Eminem is dope...

Nobody is going to be able to adhere to those rules when you talk about something that directly pertains to you.... not your beliefs, thoughts or opinions (That's religion threads, N word threads have nothing to do with beliefs... I can't change colors).

To a lot of people in America... including people I work with from Idaho and Montana... I am a Nigger... a smart nigger with good manners and work ethic but still a nigger.

I think I've alienated a few FP friends for my stance on such topics.... but ummm... you really can't call me a nigga and think it's cool.

I'll probably be banned soon...

... if people start using the LEGAL words....

Let's try that again.... NIGGER, NIGGA....

yup.... probably should keep it about music.

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrome said:
Nigger, Nigga

I just wanted to see if those were in the list of banned words...

***** <--- says bytch
While on this subject, I got banned once for saying phag, but nigga does get a free pass on this site.....we gotta make sure not to offend the gays, but it's okay to....nevermind, I'll get myself in trouble, lol.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
While on this subject, I got banned once for saying phag, but nigga does get a free pass on this site.....we gotta make sure not to offend the gays, but it's okay to....nevermind, I'll get myself in trouble, lol.

hahah but youre right tho

Only a handful of members actually participate in those aformentioned types of threads...

The ones who stand for something.

Ban those people and have all Polow vs. Kanye threads...

Everybody else seems scared to even post anything now because they think "SuperProducer X" is waiting for their canned response to a thread and will swoop down out of the sky and rescue them from the obscurity that is now their bedroom....

"C'mon nigga, go wit me! Swoooooshh!" OFF to The Hit Factory... here's FL 7 get busy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we be more strict with the "N" words and if so, what should we as mods do about this when it comes up?

Personally I see the word "nigga" and "nigger" as the same.

Back