Do you want race and religion discussions as they pertain to "Hip Hop" music?

How would you prefer this forum to be run?

• Total voters
I think the private property excuse is pretty ridiculous. If you throw a party at your home do you tell your guests what they can and can't discuss? Do you walk around shutting down conversations if you feel they are innappropiate? On top of that the members of this forum are the ones basically paying for it. It's our traffic that gets you sponsors in the first place. It may be private property but without the members this site wouldn't exist. The entire censorship thing is just pretty ridiculous. You're going to have problems saying people can say certain things but can't say others just like the nigga vs. f ag conflict. You're going to have the same problem saying people can discuss certain topics but not others. Religion and Politics play a role in music whether you like it or not. Half the sh*t I listen to as far as hip hop goes expresses views on these subjects. It's ok to discuss the latest gossip about who's f*cking who in the music industry but you can't discuss how religion and politics are affecting music? It would be pretty simple to open a general discussion board. Maybe even uncensored :bigeyes: You could even put a warning label on it. WARNING: Your feelings may be hurt and or you may be offended by reading topics in this forum section. That way those people who get offended by reading sh*t on an internet forum won't have any excuse to cry. This poll is just like an american election process where they give you a couple of sh*tty choices and you vote for the lesser of two evils. Ultimately it isn't the people who get what they want. Why don't you put an option for a general discussion section and see which way the votes go then.

i voted #2. Infidels already get smoked for posting opinions on the software vs. hardware threads.

I think the private property excuse is pretty ridiculous. If you throw a party at your home do you tell your guests what they can and can't discuss? Do you walk around shutting down conversations if you feel they are innappropiate? On top of that the members of this forum are the ones basically paying for it. It's our traffic that gets you sponsors in the first place. It may be private property but without the members this site wouldn't exist. The entire censorship thing is just pretty ridiculous. You're going to have problems saying people can say certain things but can't say others just like the nigga vs. f ag conflict. You're going to have the same problem saying people can discuss certain topics but not others. Religion and Politics play a role in music whether you like it or not. Half the sh*t I listen to as far as hip hop goes expresses views on these subjects. It's ok to discuss the latest gossip about who's f*cking who in the music industry but you can't discuss how religion and politics are affecting music? It would be pretty simple to open a general discussion board. Maybe even uncensored You could even put a warning label on it. WARNING: Your feelings may be hurt and or you may be offended by reading topics in this forum section. That way those people who get offended by reading sh*t on an internet forum won't have any excuse to cry. This poll is just like an american election process where they give you a couple of sh*tty choices and you vote for the lesser of two evils. Ultimately it isn't the people who get what they want. Why don't you put an option for a general discussion section and see which way the votes go then.

I agree with that. I could care less about any religion, hip hop topics with racy words. But there's always gonna be someone who feels the need to push their beliefs onto other people, and they come from both sides. And where I see the problem is it continuing. For example, FL studio vs. MPC. It's the same people defending their gear, that's just what I think though. Why I'm for #2.

Last edited:
sleepy said:
Personally I see the word "nigga" and "nigger" as the same.

They are the same... just like ***** = bytch and **** = shyt

people want to make it out as if some weird dynamic of Hip Hop has made them different... the spelling is different... the meaning as it was thrust into Hip Hop is still the same... Eazy E said "we are still niggaz... to them"

... not all inclusive.

Nigga to us is different from Nigga to them... (I'm not a racist, just black...)

I'm not sure how that came off but try calling me a cracka and see if you don't sound a little stupid...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there are other forums that deal STRICTLY with those topics.

This IS FuturePRODUCERS however.

I for one see more importance pertaining to the title of this site to focus on getting industry ready material, listening to members that have REAL WORLD experience to shed light, putting to rest useless debates between software and hardware, and trading tips on artist/producer development, than to focus on this *other stuff*.

This is FuturePRODUCERS, SURE these are all topics that NEED to be discussed and need to be debated. There are alot of social and political issues that are in Hip-Hop, but I don't believe NOW is the time to start sprinkling it in.

If one can't handle a week ban for advocating piracy of programs how will one accurately debate opinions of Islam vs Christianity, troubles in the Middle East, war-lords in Sudan and etc?

If members come back after a week to posts threads talking about "I DO THIS AND I GET BANNED FOR A WEEK?" after something they KNEW they was in the wrong to do. How will they handle these topics? Nevertheless a permanent ban.

I honestly feel the ONLY way that this can be remotely solved is to start an off-topic forum.

I'm not saying that subjects that deal strictly with race and politics need to be discussed here because like hitz said there are forums for that but when it involves the music industry I don't see why they shouldn't be discussed. Some of these topics you consider to be off topic are exactly the reason so few people from this site will ever get any kind of placement on albums and why so many talented artists will never sell the ammount of albums they should.

BTW - Myspace doesn't seem to even censor much besides nudity and they seem to do quite well as far as traffic and advertising goes.

Yeah. I agree with Hitz.

... and I'll probably never visit that off-topic forum....

It'll keep people that want to talk about that stuff out of this one.

If it's in this forum... then I'll see it... and want to engage in it.

I've never been to the ELECTRONICA forum... anybody else?

Hitz said it best - There are other places to talk about that crap.

Don't the skinheads and KKK have websites? Yep, I've been on 'em raising hell, lol. They banned me.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing.

If you want it, they have stronger doses elsewhere. A comment here or there, but a whole thread? Nah.

The reason why so few people on this site aren't getting placements is because their perspective is wack. ALONG with their music.

My homie Rel is chilling with Grand Hustle now. He used to post here. His perspective was right, he GOT his music in line as well. Dude would give me tips on getting music out and tell me that he was hitting up 5 studios today, driving all around and handing out CD's and flyers and cards and etc. Music was right, perspective was right and of course DRIVE, I hit em up on messenger one time and he said he been up for 3 days straight LOL getting his stuff together, and studying for his college exams.

I look up to that cat.

The problem I see with Futureproducers is perspective.

Dudes are preaching INDIE INDIE INDIE, but have no sort of plan of execution visible on the forums to help it.

HOWEVER when SleepDeez (who is doing HUGE things right now) I look up to that cat too, and also DeeBlaze and H&R post those huge networking threads, Sleep with his remix thread and etc....guess what happens?

They fell to the bottom.

Why start a Hip-Hop issues thread when all members are going to do is spew their opinions all over the place, myself included, and forget the BUILDING process and the focus on the music that were are supposed to have.

It'll be the quickest way to divide a forum if these discussions get sprinkled in...you'll have the pro-gay, anti-gay, Muslem camps and Christian camp, you'l have you 5%-er's on this side and Occultists on the other etc. Think about how the RELATIONS to each other as members will be scarred if that does happen.

"Oh I like *this guy's* music but he's anti-gay, I can't STAND him! Remember what he said in that thread?"

It gets too personal. I know nothing about sleepy. Just that he's a Mod and knows some stuff about engineering. Sometimes it's good not to be in everybodys business....contrary to MySpace and everywhere else.

Keep your business to yourself especially on a forum that wasn't INITIALLY designed for that.

Fastest way to throw this forum out of wack. Know me by my music, PM me for my religious affiliation.

But that's what I think. (time to have more fun with this ASR-10 :D )

^^^^ not trying to argue but a lot of what people post is actually "look at me" type of stuff. Nothing to help anybody else.

Spam. Used to be people that actually posted more than once every two weeks that you didn't mind supporting. I don't even read those grandstand threads, lol.

They don't read your threads.

Back on topic.

No way an argument Rome :cheers:

Well a "look at me thread" puts you on the spot, with all that networking expertise lets see you place a record or break in a new artist.

:D

Sorta like how when you post pics of your equipment in Studio Design / Acoustics

guess what.

"WHOA!!! A MINIMOOG, PROPHET 5, ANDROMEDA, MPC 60, ASR-10!!!"

"and your beats STILL wack WUT!"

lol......the saga continues.

I voted for choice #2 and thats the end all be all imo..talk done..

You only have to look at a few of those threads to know which way they will go...

Nothing will be different...

Every one I've ever seen has always ended up the same way... closed.

There is no solution, resolution, end all to anything involving religion and race.

You either like Hip Hop or you don't.

technically there is only one race, that's the human race.

but people decoded there "needed" to be a defining point between other ethnicies

3-to-1 ratio in favor of option #2 so far.

I don't predict much of a sway in the other direction before the weekend is over.

biggrome said:
Every one I've ever seen has always ended up the same way... closed.

There is no solution, resolution, end all to anything involving religion and race.

Smart man.

But even when those threads are closed some people have the NERVE to make a post of "my thoughts on *insert thread that was closed*"

OR even worst, post their response of their post into the Report box or PM to another member.

*which will get you banned*

Bottom line is even though people like Cameron Thomas are really sincere to discuss these issues intellegently (to the best of his ability), there will always be those random fools jumping in to post just because, or turning to insults cause their opinion was overlooked. And since it is steeped in opinion it'll never end.

Newbie asks "How did J-Dilla program his basslines?" We respond "he often took bass patches from his Moog and mapped it out via 16 levels on the MPC and played them like that" (which is true).

OVER, close thread.

But a religious debate? Never will end, cause people are already closeminded due to where they stand putting on a facade of openmindedness to be *willing to discuss* all the while of pushing their own agenda.

Scary stuff :bigeyes:

People acting like, lets debate about that and find a solution. But the problem is most of the time you won't agree on subjects like religion. Therefore you never should talk about stuff like religion on the first date lol.
I got heated in some threads on here too, I also insulted some. But I try to not care about that anymore in the future. I wanna focus on my music and I want to be positiv and not hating. Criticism is ok but people on here hate a lot on other peoples music like "that's wack, he fell off, throwaway beat" etc.

As long as we don't have racial names thown at each other, I don't see the problem in discussing racial issues in hip-hop.....though I don't see a reason to even discuss religion...I don't even see how that could up LOL.

I dunno. for me music involves music, politics, religion, race.
thats the way it is in REAL LIFE.

and I don't mean some childish "black people are lazy" vs. "white people can't dance and smell like pigs" bullsh*t.

as long as it topic related, not every thread should be closed.
we are either grown men or at least people with opinions.
and we should be able to discuss certain things that are (somehow) music related. I mean hip hop is "race music".
full of stereotypes. and we often bring in race into many discussions.
as long as its not getting out of hands I'm cool with that.

It's not this serious to me. I got other message boards I can go to to discuss more hardline subjects like race, religion, politics, and current events. I come to FP for comraderie with other people with a similar interest. The only thing I care about is that the people here be involved with the process of music production.... producers, beatmakers, artists, etc., or at least aspiriing to be such and taking an interest in the whole thing. I dont know whether I would miss all the "Wayne loves Baby" threads or "Boosie and Webbie are the best ever" or "Nitti makes classics" threads or whatever if they were gone. However, I would personally much rather keep the site population up, one way or the other. FP is the best site on the web that does what it does with 0 financial investment. Ill take my chances with a few bull**** threads and a few other bull**** threads getting closed to keep it the #1 producer site on the net.

On one hand, I can agree with Cameron on this whole issue, I personally am anti-censorship in almost every aspect of the world. I also can understand the nature of what Sleepy is saying in this whole thing, how if you allow somewhat potentially "offensive" banter within reason, you have to stiffen up somewhat on the other end to keep things orderly to some extent, otherwise you lose the whole concept of what youve set out to do and total anarchy erupts as a result, with topics on any damn thing people can think of.

I personally will be one of those dudes that is cool with whatever decisions are made, if its something that really gets my goat, Ill just go somewhere else. But status quo isnt really that big a deal to me despite how I generally feel about censorship. FP isnt the same site is was when I joined, I dont forsee things going back to what they were back then, we have tried and failed. Ive been 1 week banned too, over something pretty borderline that was discussed in PMs even, but I took my lumps like a man, mainly because its just not that serious to me. Its an online producer/music forum, I just treat it like such nowadays. Any cats that I look to get with on a higher level, I got them on Myspace, and I chatter over PMs. Im not the dude that gives a **** about half of what goes on in here. I say my piece and keep it moving, I help a newbie and keep it moving, I learn something and keep it moving.

However, there's one thing that Cam is saying that really sticks out to me, and I find very important, and I DO think we as FP members and moderators need to find a way to deal with. Racial issues are a pretty big part of music, particularly the Hip Hop/Rap world, over the last few years, we need to find a way to address such issues, yet keep it grown folks in nature. This, whatever method is used for it, would create a much more informed member base and in turn create a much stronger site community. You know as well as I do that clubs, radio stations, hell even whole malls with record stores in them and stores depending on what clothing lines they carry, etc. are looked at as/considered black or white by the majority of people. Segregation is heavy on many levels, and it does need to be dealt with. Does it need to be dealt with here? Thats a good question...

Its not my job to give ideas on how to make it work, its just my job (as a member) to give my two pennies.

Last edited:
Back