DJ Khaled...

Proper-T

Sooo, what does he do? Why is he listed as an artist on the new single? And further, what do most of the big time dj's do in the creation of a song? I know they "host" mixtapes...but what does that mean? They contact the artists to get on beats?

No offense to him or any other "Dj", I was just wondering why he didn't have a verse on that joint. Did he produce it?

Im just in the dark...someone explain

I think a lot of people are under the impression that he does the beats...I was wondering the same thing. Heck I thought he did the 'holla at me' at first.

i think he actually has a part in the creation of the songs on his album. in an interview with Danjahandz in the latest scratch mentioned how when Danja played Khaled the We Takin Over beat that he started rapping over it and imitated various rappers and decided who he would have on the track. i think he probably has a part in producing the songs and getting artists/producers for his album.

he makes beats too btw.

Last edited:
but if he has his own single with major artists "featured" on it...it would seem like he's pretty big time and we should all be clear on his contribution to these songs...

Basically all he does is....................................................

(To be Continued)

umm hes coo...im thinkin he puts the songs together and picks the beats..executive producer type ?

#1 record breaker in south florida. Releases his own compilation albums kind of like how dj clue did with all original material...

also produces for various artists by the name beat novacaine

Peace

lol I started a carbon copy of this thread like a year ago...I wondered wtf he actually does (other than hold umbrellas and look extra stupid in videos)...

someone said "it's about the hustle and the connections he has"...ok.

lol. You will find in your career that many people will try to put their name on something they didn't really do. Puffy did it all the time in the beginning. You might think "oh he just wants people to beleive that..."

However, this goes along way to getting paid royalties in the future. Everyone knows Khaled has nothing to do with creating the track. He may have told Nate what he wanted done. But he is far from being the artist on the track. But now that he is listed as so, he will probably be getting paid extra dough in roylites.

I can't stand Dj Khaled, at all. I think he's just a fat dj who yells about how he's gonna change the game by being really loud and annoying.

By the way, his new single is ****.

brooklynmusic said:
lol. You will find in your career that many people will try to put their name on something they didn't really do. Puffy did it all the time in the beginning. You might think "oh he just wants people to beleive that..."

However, this goes along way to getting paid royalties in the future. Everyone knows Khaled has nothing to do with creating the track. He may have told Nate what he wanted done. But he is far from being the artist on the track. But now that he is listed as so, he will probably be getting paid extra dough in roylites.

He didn't create most of the tracks on his first compilation either but he does actually produce that is a fact. I dont think he's trying to take anyones credit. And the albums are released through terror squad's imprint and distributed by Koch.

People keep asking and I've explained numerous times what he does lol

He has the biggest radio show down here in Miami aside from what i mentioned earlier

Peace

The original op said he was listed as an artist. So I took my comment in that direction. I know that there are many dj's who cross the line and vice versa. But I was referring to him being an artist considering I didn't hear him spit any other than the intro on we're taking over.

brooklynmusic said:
The original op said he was listed as an artist. So I took my comment in that direction. I know that there are many dj's who cross the line and vice versa. But I was referring to him being an artist considering I didn't hear him spit any other than the intro on we're taking over.

i wasn't directly trying to get at you about it just helping to explain things to people...

Its more like a DJ Khalid Presents type thing from what i've seen. They may credit him on mtv, bet, etc but i doubt he's credited as a writer in the liner notes. Executive producer, etc is another story

Peace

He was interviewed in an old scratch mag. he dj'd and made beats and still does. READ m.f.'s dude is quite nice and he uses a MPC 3000, motif rack and triton rack.

He's a resaleable commodity because people can associate with his name. Like most mixtape/radio dj's he probably has no production skill (or dj for that matter), but hey pimp it while you can. We all would given the chance?

Back