[Debate Who's better? Nas vs Jay-Z]

Who do you think is better Nas or Jay-Z?

• Nas

Votes: 54 52.4%
  • Jay-Z

Votes: 49 47.6%

• Total voters
The black album along with the fade to black movie puts Hov on top to me.

this is the hardest question I've had to answer for a while... and I recently finished 3 university exams.... I'm gonna have to go with..... Nas?.. no Jay.. wait.. ya Nas.. I think Jay-z gets my vote.. I just can't forget Reasonable Doubt.. I was hooked on that album for soo long.

Can't vote i like both...Nas killed Jay on ether....but Jay used to be crazy with "Can I get a fuk u", and a lot of other songs...
For delivery, Nas...but Jay can put very nice tracks...
Impossible to choose !! :/

What deranged said way waaaaayyy back plus.....Nas is a more abstract/poetical lyricist and Hov will pretty much tell it like it is though, he has his moments too. Two completely different styles.

Nas' last album, Untitled, was amazing but that was the only album in his catalogue that I ever felt.

On the other hand, I thought all of Jay-Z's albums (except Kingdom Come) were pretty strong.

Jay all day.

i can(and do) listen to jay-z everyday because he's a more enjoyable rapper to hear imo.all aspects of his music are better(flow, beat selection, wordplay etc..) not to say nas isn't dope. nas lyrically beats 95% of all rappers to ever come into the game. his music just gets tiring to listen to sometimes. btw, i STILL think jay-z won the battle while they were beefin. he skeeted in his jeep and left condoms in his baby's seat! lol.

HOVA, HOVA, HOVA, HOVA.....Nas is boring as ****...I like certain songs he put out I can't listen to all his ****. I'd take Reasonable Doubt any day over Illmatic...Jay-Z said it best rightttttttttttt here.

Four albums in ten years nigga? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them ****s was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average
And that's so - LAAAAAAAME! Nigga switch up your flow
Your **** is garbage, but you try and kick knowledge?

i can(and do) listen to jay-z everyday because he's a more enjoyable rapper to hear imo.all aspects of his music are better(flow, beat selection, wordplay etc..) not to say nas isn't dope. nas lyrically beats 95% of all rappers to ever come into the game. his music just gets tiring to listen to sometimes. btw, i STILL think jay-z won the battle while they were beefin. he skeeted in his jeep and left condoms in his baby's seat! lol.

I'd have to agree with you on that. Jay-Z did win but we'll leave that to the next generation to discuss. LOL

Nas is nice. But it's getting to the point that hes becoming a social studies teacher. His **** is boring now. But it's only because he knows where he stands and he knows who he influences, so hes starting to take up that role that Pac never had a chance to take up.

But Jay, he can literally make songs for days off the top of his head, and they'll all have hot lyrics and flows, with nice beats. Gotta go wit Jay. To tell you the truth I thought Reasonable Doubt was a lot better than Illmatic. It's like when they started, they had each others present style, nas with the gun talk and stories, and Jay with the slick metaphors and flows, then they switched up where Nas started getting more metaphors and more 3rd person in his tracks, where Jay went mainstream ( which I think is a genius idea for a person with his memory and flows, ) and picked up the hustling and gun talk. Pretty slick, good way to make money too. Money is green, man ... can't hate on Jay for switching up.

And yeah, I think Jay won that beef too, that Takeover joint was exactly what proved it. Not because of punch lines but because of the real truth. Nas' Ether spit truth too but none of that **** was important. But a lot of people don't understand Jay half the time, but yo ... Jay's flows are insane, he NEVER gets boring to listen to. Real live Jigga fans respect it.

Last edited:
I pick jay,Nas is not consistent at all.

Yeaaaaaa I just tied it up
Yeaaaaa
ajaahahahaha

ohh daayyuummm it actually got tied up huh. haha. I check into this thread just to see who's winning from time to time.

LYRICALLY jay IS ****TIN ON THE GAME! and i base the overall facts on numbers. and we know who shuts that area down to the gravel. I never knock NAS. Dude is a beast as well. But this is all opinionated like doode who wrote the post said. I just feel that people who dont **** wit jay z dont understand him, same goes with nas.

deRaNged just luv the way yo keep em in the kno.cuz yo use simple reasonin(no pun intended)stil i'ma pick on nas

Back