DEADLINE CHANGED ..APRIL 10TH !!*Future Producer's Mixtape Discussion Thread*

Guys, I have a really cool concept for the album cover.

Let me know if you are feeling this:

You know how there are different elements to hip-hop? Well I was thinking we could make a period table of hip-hop elements.

The album cover theme could be like the science of hip-hop, from a futuristic point of view, since "The Future Is Now" (my title suggestion! :D ).

We could also have different pictures ghosted behind the periodic table of hip-hop elements, like spray-paint cans, old school boomboxes, microphones, drum machines.

What do you guys think?

MintyFreshBeats said:
Guys, I have a really cool concept for the album cover.

Let me know if you are feeling this:

You know how there are different elements to hip-hop? Well I was thinking we could make a period table of hip-hop elements.

The album cover theme could be like the science of hip-hop, from a futuristic point of view, since "The Future Is Now" (my title suggestion! :D ).

We could also have different pictures ghosted behind the periodic table of hip-hop elements, like spray-paint cans, old school boomboxes, microphones, drum machines.

What do you guys think?

You mean like a bridging the gap concept between hip hop then and hip hop now?

No harm. You guys do what you have to do. I dropped the link to suggest that if you guys want to take over that name, let me know. The reason why that project died was because it was just Jos and me running it and a lot of people jumped shipped from the project for personal reasons outside of the project, for example st3 has work and school and I had school and fraternity, Jos had to go make money. I don't know if anyone mentioned that.

What's really funny is that this past week I got a sorority to slang my old stock for me. haha.

We need something BOLD! When you see the Dipset bird, you already know what it is. It makes a statement. Album artwork is important too, but to take the marketing possibilities to another level, we need something symbolic that will trigger automatic affiliation to the mixtape.

Oh yeah, another idea that came from the "other" compilation was that we setup a tour or something sooner or later like the Lyricist Lounge show.

Xpressive wrote on 03-03-2006 12:00 PM:
1) will people using samples run into any problems once they start selling cd's and making money off of a sampled composition? or 2) will the people who plan on flipping these cd's for a profit be liable for making money off of sampled works even if they had nothing to do with the tracks that use samples (other than their own of course)?

i think people should know that any legal issues pertaining to the use (for artists) or sale (for profit turners) of material containing uncleared/unauthorized samples are totally on them.

i think this would only be a problem if the music hits the radio or gets publically broadcasted. if people really bring the heat, then this may be an issue.

Jay

This is a good question. I'll quote it and post it in the discussion thread. Im not the final say-so, but more like the vehicle to keep this project moving.

Here's my opinion though, even though we are all on the same CD, there were no SR forms submitted to Library of Congress, meaning there is nothing documented that ties any of the artists on the mixtape together. You look at a mixtape by DJ KaySlay. He has tracks of all types(sampled , non-sampled) and can distribute these with no worries because there is not anything legally documented to tie any of his artist together. Its more like free(well most of the time free) promotion for the artists, which was the whole purpose behind the project in the first place.

I think you have to move more than 10K units in one particular area to trigger any attention anyway, I may be wrong.

samples aren't gonna be a problem, unless you start getting above like 10k units. Then that's when the RIAA starts sniffing around.

Although LEGALLY, ANY sampled work could warrant judicial action, it's not very likely. That's like LEGALLY you COULD get a ticket for carrying an ice cream cone in your pocket in Kentucky, but it's not very LIKELY.

Touring? Yeah...good luck organizing that one. People can't even get the concept of submissions straight.

I just suggest crawling before ya walk. Don't try to make it too complicated. Put the project out there, learn some lessons, generate a lil buzz, and then do it bigger on the next one.

People recognize the Dipset bird not because it's so BOLD AND DARING AND EYE CATCHING, it's just because it's been PUSHED DOWN YOUR THROAT so that you can't help but recognize it. That's the power of marketing.

The outline of my nuts on a cd cover could be just as powerful, with the right marketing.

Create an eye catchy CD cover (like the FOHH one...bright colors, sticks out), and put the CD out.

Don't try to put too much thought into it, cuz this time around, it's really not that serious. I'm not saying half ass the project, but there is a such thing as overkill.

Don't overkill it before it comes to life.

kontak80 said:
We need something BOLD! When you see the Dipset bird, you already know what it is. It makes a statement. Album artwork is important too, but to take the marketing possibilities to another level, we need something symbolic that will trigger automatic affiliation to the mixtape.

fp7fq.png

Found it here . . .
http://www.myspace.com/futureproducers

What people have to remember is THE NAME FUTURE PRODUCERS BELONGS TO MANO!!!

You can't just go using it (or associating yourself with it) without his permission. So you need to ask him first.

j.troup said:

You can't just go using it (or associating yourself with it) without his permission. So you need to ask him first.
Forgot about that . . . Just something I found on that myspace page which I have no idea who made either . . . Posted it more of as an example

j.troup said:

yeah i mentioned this like 15 thread pages ago. we gotta see whats up with him.

kontak i remember, i'm changing my website hosting stuff to Yahoo! cus it's a better deal and once that's done then i can host this on my site (it wont be as bad as before)

People...

Stop wasting your time posting album cover art.

THERE HAS BEEN A GRAND TOTAL OF 8 SONGS SUBMITTED!!!

Submit songs to choose from. Otherwise, covers won't matter, because there will be no album released.

Everybody's opinion on a cover doesn't matter, because only the people who's songs make it will have a say in the album art that represents their work.

So less album covers, MORE SONG SUBMISSIONS!!!

I don't really see it as wasting my time... I've contacted about 20 people for MCing on my tracks, and have one MC currently writing to one for sure. I'm just trying to keep the creative juices flowin' and throwin' stuff out there. I thought posting it would be a positive thing, not a negative one.

j.troup said:
People...

Stop wasting your time posting album cover art.

THERE HAS BEEN A GRAND TOTAL OF 8 SONGS SUBMITTED!!!

Submit songs to choose from. Otherwise, covers won't matter, because there will be no album released.

Everybody's opinion on a cover doesn't matter, because only the people who's songs make it will have a say in the album art that represents their work.

So less album covers, MORE SONG SUBMISSIONS!!!

i thought the deadline was April 1st???

Back