Cudi Leaves Hip-Hop???

J

JThunder

(AllHipHop News) As he promotes a new project, Kid Cudi has revealed his fleeting love for Hip-Hop music and culture and said that he's now fronting a rock group.

“I’m just over rapping. I don’t get any fulfillment out of it anymore,” Cudi told MTV News in a recent interview. “I really don’t get any fulfillment out of writing a 16. That’s why you never really hear me on Kanye joints like that…I’m more passionate when he be like ‘yo Cudi come up with a hook!’ Because he asks me to put verses down and I’ll try to procrastinate or disappear or something."

Cudi said his new love is with the guitar.

"I get more fulfillment now out of singing and learning to play the guitar," he explained. "That’s my newfound love; I just never thought I could play an instrument.”

He'll front a new rock band called The Wizards and their album will emerge after Man On the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager

WOW! any thoughts

EDIT: http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/10/30/22462724.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried lol but other than like 3 joints(Day and Nite, Hyyer, and the joint he had with snoop dogg) I can't tolerate Cudi's music at all. I can see why people like him but his music definitely ain't for me. However good luck to him and whatever he wants to do in the future.

Cudi looks more pathetic every day. Man, he was so bad ass when he came out, too. Se la vie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried lol but other than like 3 joints(Day and Nite, Hyyer, and the joint he had with snoop dogg) I can't tolerate Cudi's music at all. I can see why people like him but his music definitely ain't for me. However good luck to him and whatever he wants to do in the future.

Cosign, Past those songs u mentioned and that TGIF song for me:

I plain couldn't get into Cudi's music.

I never was big on Cudi, but he don't sound anything like that anymore

Cosign, Past those songs u mentioned and that TGIF song for me:

I plain couldn't get into Cudi's music.

I never was big on Cudi, but he don't sound anything like that anymore

I like the beat on that song other than that it ain't doing it for me. The song is not something I'd listen to more than once however I'd bump the instrumental. Chip the Ripper is dope though I still bump that I'm fitted joint..

Last edited:
for me day n night and soundtrack to my life are the onlys i like from him

I can't really hate on Cudi for laving hip-hop, more power to him! I for one would buy an Cudi rock CD. The he had that made me say oh shit was Soundtrack 2 My Life

Last edited:
I think getting into other genres will help him excel as an artist. i just never knew he was hip hop to begin with. Sometimes people are wrongfully categorized.

He wasn't rock before either, but i could see him pulling it off.

Hip Hop is accepts everything...

I know Kid Cudi was never Hip Hop... so what is he leaving?

I think this is a good move, he has some whack hooks like "Super Boo" but the ones that aren't are actually really good

I think of any song with a rapping verse on it as hip hop / rap. So to me Cudi was hip hop. And even if to you he wasn't you can't say he was closer to any other genre than hip hop.

Back