Crash Big Hit for Kanye - Driver Demands Compensation

Chameleon

It's the violent car accident that's become a smashing hit. Rapper Kanye West has turned his near fatal 2002 accident in Beverly Hills into solid gold, a Top Five single and album. He even uses images from the accident in his music video.

But now, for the first time, the other driver of the violent crash is speaking out, and he tells us that he's the real victim.

Miguel Villasana does not lead the same lifestyle as West. He is a working man, supervising a crew of janitors at a Los Angeles high rise. He says the accident left him with a totaled car, a broken pelvis, two broken legs, broken knees and a shattered ankle that required 16 screws to fix.

Villasana still gets emotional when talking about the accident. He now walks with a limp, and tells us he was out of work for a year and was scared he wouldn't be able to provide for his wife and three children.

"It's hard; while you're suffering, other people are happy. That's life," he says. "It's been hard for me and my family."

The accident was also hard for West -- who had his jaw wired shut. Last fall, he told "CJ" his version of how the accident happened: "I got cut off and I had a head-on collision and I looked in the rear view and I could see my mouth separated."

West's explanation makes Villasana's lawyer, Paul Fegen, very angry. And here's why: in the police report taken the night of the accident, West is quoted as saying that he wasn't drinking and that he just fell asleep.

Two months later, West changed his story when he wrote to police saying the accident really happened because Villasana cut him off. Fegen has filed this lawsuit against West, demanding the rapper pay Villasana's substantial hospital bills.

So did West ever try to contact Villasana? According to Fegen, "Not one call, not one letter, not even flowers when Mr. Villasana was in the hospital for a few weeks -- he just didn't care."

You'd think Villasana would be upset watching West's video on TV, hearing his song on the radio, perhaps feeling that West was profiting from his pain. But Villasana insists he just wants his bills paid and to be able to walk without pain.

"I just feel sad for all the things around me," he tells us. "But I'm going to be ok."

If the case goes to court, Villasana's attorney says it's possible that he would use the lyrics of West's hit song as evidence against him.

http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/news/0403/18a.html

1005 said:
is that possible? can the dudes who shot 50 cent sue him for 10 million?

guy c'mon now. this cat is a working class guy and from what i read he aint trying to mooch either. he just want his bills paid. that's fukin heartless not to even call him after your drowsy a$$ put him out of a job and into the hospital. "i'm a grown ass kid, swear i should be locked up for stupid shyt that i did". be thankful and shyt just be gracious. if you have the means to heal hurt you cause then do it or God makes that shyt grown interest that you can no longer pay. and that aint no joke.

god dont like ugly.

Kanye could pay this guys hospital bills without breaking a sweat. I don't know the total but still he could.

not aknowledging him in hospital was the obvious thing to if your changing your statement to pass blame to the other party unfortunatley.

be thankful and shyt just be gracious. if you have the means to heal hurt you cause then do it or God makes that shyt grown interest that you can no longer pay. and that aint no joke.

at the risk of co-signing

Co fukin sign

could not have put it better myself.

Im just glad that now kanye has something to do with his royalties other than buy gucci backpacks .. might make him spend with a little more sense

There was a story about this on Fox 45 here in B-more. The guy almost broke down talking about how he was going to pay his bills....makes me feel bad for liking College Dropout.

dutch said:
Im just glad that now kanye has something to do with his royalties other than buy gucci backpacks .. might make him spend with a little more sense

he had aall this time and it took a lawsuit man. good god. how scatterbrained can he possibly be. "i saw jesus" bulldung!! :mad: he aint see nothing but green and how close he was to missing it. full steam ahead count his blessings and flaunt them onfront of everyone. maybe when he dropped out of college he missed out on the biggest benefit... learning how to build relationships with others and caring about being a part of someone's betterment. what a total a$$ he has become. he has the world at his fingertips but i'm glad i wake up everymorning and i'm still j-traxx. i'll be ok without and i'll be ok with. simple humanity is all it is. he need just to lea........ oh shyt yo. isnt that youngbuck thing on tv just now? gotta go!! i'll finish this up later.

Yo, thats some ill sh!t. It dont surprise me though. That kanye got a way of runnin through people and leavin um in the dust.

So who do ya'll believe? The lawyer (who's doin' all the talkin') or Kanye?

That story is incredibly slanted to make you feel sorry for the victim, but if Kanye was at fault, he should apologize.

But if Kanye wasn't gettin' paid, would this guy sue him?

Really.

Kanye is a gimmick rapper, this dude is crying about his jaw, and this mans body was shattered, what a fag, he just lost a fan...

Craig G said:

But if Kanye wasn't gettin' paid, would this guy sue him?

Really.

well, if you were crippled in a car accident and it took you a year to get back on your feet. you had dozens of operations and couldn't work during that time so your bills pile up. the person that struck you fell asleep behind the wheel....

....and let's just say they were broke. would you pay the legal fees to try and get compensation from a person that doesn't have anything?

....and what if that person WAS in a position to compensate you?

You're right...I'm just sayin' the chances wouldn't be that great on him gettin' antyhing from a broke wanna-be producer.

I feel for this cat, I really do. I'm just looking at it from both sides...

I think if this gets more attention Kanye will do the right thing. Watch.

i think dude is a Corn, for real. it really shouldn't take a lawsuit or media attention to reach out to somebody who's physical health you've affected like that.

what's worse is that Kanye is running around talking about how lucky he is to be alive and how he turned "tragedy to triumph". trying to get sympathy from people when he told the Police the accident was his fault. show a little backbone, if you're gonna whine about your jaw, and this other cat's whole lower body got mangled........

....all that spiritual talk of his is a heap as far as i'm concerned.

Yo, i hear the argument all the time that alot of these so called conscious rappers are contradicks. And from what i been hearin lately, i tend to agree. These ma fa's are gunna have me lossin alot of debates.

And kanye need to do the right thing. Before someone talk this cat into suin his a$$ off. Anyone else woulda went for the big payday.

Last edited:
"now driver too wanna sue, so i got a lawyer to keep whats in my safe, safe"

Damn *shakes head* what a prick!

He needs to cut that dude a check..even if it wasnt his fault..he is in a position to help. What good are riches if you cant help out ur fellow man when in need?

mistaox said:
"now driver too wanna sue, so i got a lawyer to keep whats in my safe, safe"

Damn *shakes head* what a prick!

He needs to cut that dude a check..even if it wasnt his fault..he is in a position to help. What good are riches if you cant help out ur fellow man when in need?

word!!

Back