Cole World: The Sideline Story

hate it wasnt all new tracks.... hate he produced most of it... but i ****s wit cole.... i jus wanna hear him on somethin produced by someone other than him.... somethin new

i'm a huge j cole fan, i plan on buying the album but i listened to the leak. it definetely worse than FNL and the Warm-Up. I was disappointed that he included old tracks and the production is not nearly as good as it is on Friday Night Lights. I haven't had the time to really listen but i would say its solid but not the classic he said it would be.

i hated that almost all the songs were songs girl songs. he also ****ed the album up by singing on hook of atleast half of the songs, it sounds so bad.

fav songs: who dat, dollar and a dream III, and God's gift

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Section.80 > Cole World: The Sideline Story

Its a great cd I like more then half of it really cant hate on it. Way better then carter 4 thats for sure atleast ;) Cole is def here to stay.

i liked friday night lights better because his emotions poured through out that tape but his album is cool my favs are dollar and a dream breakdown and rise and shine i like tht emotional stuff i guess lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I had doubts wen I heard Workout, but its the new era College Dropout tbh, the lyricism, subject matter, production, small amount of features, sequence of the album, jus everythin wuz dope as ****, one of the best debuts in the last 10 years handsdown. That is all

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

i'm a huge j cole fan, i plan on buying the album but i listened to the leak. it definetely worse than FNL and the Warm-Up. I was disappointed that he included old tracks and the production is not nearly as good as it is on Friday Night Lights. I haven't had the time to really listen but i would say its solid but not the classic he said it would be.

lol, I respect your opinion n all but dude your on a music production forum, if your into music production and you cant tell the difference between the production on FNL (a mixtape) n The Sideline Story (an album) theres somethin very wrong, on the album damn near every track has multiple transitions and is very very musical, there not jus looped beats that jus keep repeatin, the intro flows beautifully into DD3 n the interlude does the same on Sideline story, Rise n Shine is the most epic track Cole has ever produced, Lost ones is better than the leaked version, n the last half of the album is damn near flawless production and sequence wise, if you havent had the chance to really listen maybe you should again bruh

Props on supportin the album tho

Last edited:
That joint with him and Missy deso...that joint with Jay sorta don't fit...haven't heard it in full doe...

Last edited:
"coleworld" << crazy song.
"Never Told" << almost made me cry lol
"

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I had doubts wen I heard Workout, but its the new era College Dropout tbh, the lyricism, subject matter, production, small amount of features, sequence of the album, jus everythin wuz dope as ****, one of the best debuts in the last 10 years handsdown. That is all

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

lol, I respect your opinion n all but dude your on a music production forum, if your into music production and you cant tell the difference between the production on FNL (a mixtape) n The Sideline Story (an album) theres somethin very wrong, on the album damn near every track has multiple transitions and is very very musical, there not jus looped beats that jus keep repeatin, the intro flows beautifully into DD3 n the interlude does the same on Sideline story, Rise n Shine is the most epic track Cole has ever produced, Lost ones is better than the leaked version, n the last half of the album is damn near flawless production and sequence wise, if you havent had the chance to really listen maybe you should again bruh

Props on supportin the album tho

FNL was most likely going to be the album if dropped last year with a couple of tracks off of Sideline story.

Last edited:
Why is the bass so loud? Did the producer fall asleep and knocked the EQ out of whack or what? lol

2d2fvat.jpg

In my opinion it's a very solid album! Alongside with The R.E.D. Album it's one of the hottest albums this year!

Hot songs in my opinion:
02. Dollar And A Dream III
03. Can't Get Enough (ft. Trey Songz)
04. Lights Please
06. Sideline Story
07. Mr. Nice Watch (ft. Jay-Z)
08. Cole World
09. In The Morning (ft. Drake)
11. Nobody's Perfect (ft. Missy Elliott)
12. Never Told
13. Rise And Shine
14. God's Gift
15. Breakdown
17. Nothing Lasts Forever
18. Work Out
19. Daddy's Little Girl

That's 15 out of 17 songs! (There are 19 tracks, but 1 is Intro and other is Interlude).

the two things i didn't like is. The bass is way too loud in the tracks and i can't even hear the words really when i'm in my car. and secondly, he put old songs up with no new verses or anything. I'm sure based off of J Cole's lack of promotion (i.e Diggy simmons, big sean, wiz khalifa). if you were going to purchase his album. you already had FNL and The Warm Up and some may even have The Come Up (which is dope might i add) so what made him think we wanted to hear those tracks again just mixed a little worse, i wish i had that answer. With that being said. J Cole's album is good if i was a listener. But it was disappointing as a fan...

Rise n Shine is ****in epic yo lol, thats one of my favorite J Cole tracks of all time, n I don kno why yal sayin he had alot of old tracks on the album he only had two, lights please n In the Mornin, I do hate that in the mornin wuz on there tho.... n turn your damn bass down if its too loud lol smh

So I'm the only person that isn't complaining about the bass? It's muddy and not clean (all of cole's tracks are like that) but overpowering I don't think so.

Back